HDMI to USB 3.0 1080p GRABBER
HDMI to U3 Capture
User manual (v.3)
Pengo 1080p HDMI to USB-C Grabber is designed to capture 1080p video allowing the user to plug-in various HDMI output devices（such as PS4, XBOX, Switch, camera, etc. ）data uplink to 1920 x 1080p at 60Hz to the computer through the USB terminal. Streaming media made easy, capture every sound and movement. It will not affect your computer’s performance, while maintaining a resolution up to 1080p at 60 frames per second.
• Supports HDMI 1.4b Standard up to 1080p @ 60fps
• Supports video capture at 1080p @ 60fps
• Supports 24 bit color
• Supports USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 data uplink
• Supports UVC 1.0, Windows 8 and above, no drivers needed.
• Supports USB – C connector
• Supports USB port power supply, no need for an external power supply
• Compatible with third-party applications, such as PotPlayer, QuickTime, OBS, Xsplit, vMix, etc.
C. Inside the box
- Pengo HDMI to USB 3.0 1080p Grabber x 1
- USB-C (female) to USB-A (male) adapter x 1
|DESCRIPTION||1080p HDMI to USB-C Grabber|
|INPUT INTERFACE||1x HDMI Type A
HDMI 1.4b standard up to 1080p at 60fps
|OUTPUT INTERFACE||1 x USB type-C (USB 3.0 ) UVC video and audio|
|RESOLUTION||640x480p 60Hz, 1280x720p 60Hz, 1920x1080p 60Hz|
|VIDEO SAMPLING||4:4:4 format|
|OUTPUT COLOR SPACE||YUY2, RGB|
|HDMI AUDIO||16-bit PCM encoded audio at 48kHz sampling rates|
|SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS||CPU: i5 Dual-Core 2.8GHz or higher
RAM: 4GB or higher
OS: Windows (8 and above), Mac OSX (10.13 and above)
|ENVIRONMENT||Operating Temperature 0-45°C Operating Humidity 20-90%|
|DIMENSION||42 x 240 x 14 mm (WxLxH including cable length)|
|ACCESSORIES||USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Adapter|
|*DOES NOT SUPPORT HDCP
*DOES NOT SUPPORT INTERLACED (i) 10801, 720i, 480i
E. System requirements
CPU: i5 Dual-Core 2.8GHz or higher
RAM: 4GB or higher
OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1/10
Mac OS X (10.13 and above)
*Note: Not able to record HDCP content (ie: DVD, BlueRay player…etc )
1. Connect Pengo HDMI to USB 3.0 1080p Grabber into the computer via USB 3.0 Port.
2. Plug in your devices (ie: PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Camcorder) with an HDMI Cable into the HDMI input port.
G. Operating Instructions (Windows with PotPlayer)
1.1 After plugging in your device, go to [Windows Settings ] and then go under [Devices] and make sure [ HDMI to U3 Capture or USB Audio/Video Device ] is detected **(Different OS might have different names)
1.2 Download PotPlayer: https://potplayer.daum.net/ (install base on your OS version)
Open PotPlayer (different versions will have different interface)
1.3 Sound settings
Under PotPlayer menu, go to Audio -> [ Audio Renderer (Passthrough) ]-> select [ Built-in WASAPI Audio Renderer ]
1.4 Select Device
I. Under Menu > Open -> Device Settings
II. Under Webcam -> Video capture device, under Device select -> [ USB Video Device]
III. Audio capture device -> under Device select -> [ WASAPI – Mic (USB Audio Device) ]
IV. Press [ Open device], You’ll be able to see your video and audio
1.5 Video Recording
I. Go to the Menu -> Video -> Video Recording -> Record Video
II. Select your storage location
III. Press [ Start ]
H. Operating Instructions (Mac OS with VLC or QuickTime) **Newer version of VLC might not work
1.1 Download VLC at https://www.videolan.org/index.html
1.2 Open VLC
1.3 Go to File -> Open Capture Device
1.4 Under Capture, check the video and audio box and select [HDMI to U3 Capture] and press Open
2.1 Open QuickTime
2.2 Go to File -> New Movie Recording
2.3 If your display does not appear, next to the record RED button drop-down menu, select [HDMI to U3 Capture]
• It is recommended to use USB 3.0 over USB 2.0 port.
• Different version will have slightly different interface.
• Make sure your source does not have HDCP, we do not support HDCP.
• Make sure your device is not 1080i. We do not support 1080i. We support 1080p.
• Please contact us if you have any issues.
• Please register your Pengo product at: www.pengohome.com/register
• We reserve the right to make any updates without prior notice
- Global Potplayer
- VLC: Official site – Free multimedia solutions for all OS! – VideoLAN