PERMASTEEL PH-90204-BK Portable Patio Heater
The infrared heater contains a gold halogen lamp-formed reflector heating system that provides even heat distribution. The infrared heater saves 30%-40% of electricity in comparison to traditional heaters. The infrared heater is commonly used for indoor or outdoor spot heating. Perfect for garages, outdoor patios, indoor pools or workshops.
READ CAREFULLY-The infrared heater is designed for safe operation. Nevertheless, installation, maintenance and operation of the heater can be dangerous. Observing the following procedures will reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury to the person and keep installation time to a minimum. Save these instructions for future reference.
- Read instructions carefully & thoroughly before using this heater.
- Remove the unit from its packaging and check to make sure it is in good condition before using.
- Do not let children play with parts of the package. (such as plastic bags)
- Check the household voltage to ensure it matches the heater’s rated specification.
- Check the power cord and plug carefully before use, to make sure that they are not damaged.
- Before unplugging the power cord, be sure to turn off the power switch, when turning the unit on, be sure your hands are dry to prevent electric shock.
- Do not use flammable objects near or point the heater directly at furniture, pillows. bedding, paper, cloth and curtains. Keep these items at least 3 feet (1 meter) form the front of the heater and keep flammable items away from the heater.
- Do not use near or in the immediate vicinity of a hot tub or swimming pool or any source of liquid.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse the power cord or plug in water or any other liquid.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening, as this may cause an electric shock, fire or damage to the heater.
- Always unplug the heater when not in use.
- Do not allow cord to overhang where it can be easily pulled by children.
- Do not put fingers or foreign objects into the heater element while in operation.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when not in use.
- This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry rooms and similar indoor locations. Never use the heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by none compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling.
- This heater is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children and vulnerable people should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the heater.
- If the power cord is damaged in any way, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazard.
- To prevent overheating of this heater, keep the air inlets and outlets clean and free of anything that may cause blockage. Check all inlets and outlets from time to time to ensure it is clear of any dirt or dust accumulation.
- Parts of the heater may exceed 200℃, or 392°F. Contact with the heating tube, reflector, or metal parts near the heating tube, may cause severe BURNS. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surface.
- ALWAYS allow the heating element to cool at least 10 minutes before touching the heating tube or adjacent parts.
- This product contains recyclable materials. Do not dispose of this product as unsorted municipal waste. Please contact your local municipality for the nearest collection point.
WARNING: NEVER place hands under the heating elements.
The PH-90204-BK halogen heater produces instant and comfortable heat like the sun. These robust and weatherproof heaters are designed for domestic and commercial heating applications within outdoor areas. It is intended for outdoor use only.
- Power Drill
- Drill Bits
A wall mounting bracket & hardware is provide with the heater which has been specifically designed to allow this product to be mounted to a wall or ceiling. Before drilling holes on the wall/ceiling, make sure the wall is a solid structure and that there are no hidden water pipes or electric wires. The heater must be installed no less than 16 Inches from sidewalls and no less than 6 feet off the floor.
Important: Ensure that the supply cables do not come into contact with the reflector of the heater or it does not near the heated area. The power cable can be tied to the metal mounting bracket behind the heater with plastic zip ties.
- Attach 2pcs (A) L brackets to heater unit with 4pcs (D) M5mm*10mm Bolts (see Figure A).
- Drill 5/16” diameter holes on the wall or ceiling. (see Figure B) For best results, attach directly on wall studs if possible.
- Holes for anchors should be drilled 1 inch apart for each bracket, use bracket as a template. The distance between left & right brackets should be 3-3/8 to 3-1/2 inches center to center of inner holes of brackets.
- Insert 4pcs (B), wall anchors, into drilled holes on the wall (see Figure C).
- Mount the 2pcs (A) brackets using 4pcs (C) PA5mm*25mm mounting screws making sure they are snug and level (see Figure D).
- Attach heater unit to wall brackets (Note: two people are needed for this step) while one person holds & aligns the heater unit to mounting brackets, the 2nd person should use the two (E) nuts M6mm and two (F) M6mm* 12mm Hex Bolts to attach to wall brackets. Please install the bolts from the inside and tighten the bolt nuts from the outside to secure the brackets and adjust brackets if necessary. (see Figure E).
The heater must be installed at least 6 feet above the floor and mounted horizontally.
INSTALLATION WITH TRIPOD STAND
Accessories for tripod stand mounting
- 4pcs M5mm*10mm bolts
- 2pcs L shaped brackets
- 1 hand bolt & 1 hand nut
- Attach 2pcs (A) L brackets to heater unit with 4pcs (D) M5mm*10mm Bolts (see Fig. A)
- Make sure plastic spacers are attached to tripod post (see Fig. B)
- With the help of another person, attach the heater assembly to the tripod stand using the hand-bolt & hand-nut, screw tightly.
REMOTE CONTROL INSTRUCTION
Product Key Function:
- Turn ON/OFF the power
- Press key function: press the button, then press the heat levels (L1-L2-standby – off)
|Remote Control Function|
|Button||Function (Heater On)||Function (Heater Off)||LEDDisplay onHeater|
|O||Power on & off|
|I||Low setting||Turns heater on to
Level 1 (50%*power)
|II||Hi setting||Turns heater on to
Level 2 (100%*power)
MOTED: All Permasteel heaters and their remote controls have the same frequency, so it is possible to control several heaters with just one remote.
PUSH BUTTON: on the right side of the heater, the heater can be operated manually without the remote control.
Inserting Batteries (not included)
insert 2 AAA / Alkaline type batteries into your remote cont
- The open Battery cover on the remote control, inserts batteries in accordance with the instructions and polarity of the batteries.
- Replace batteries in the same way depicted above.
FUNCTION & OPERATION
PLUG the unit into a 110V 3 prong power Outlet socket, make sure the power supply is the same as rated. Manually turn on:
- Make sure the heater is plugged into a power outlet.
- Press the power button on side of the heater Housing. This will put heater on standby.
- One click will put the heater on the LOW setting
- Two clicks will put the heater on the HIGH setting
Remote control operation
- Make sure the heater is plugged into a power outlet.
- Click on the power button on the remote control
- Adjust power settings by clicking the corresponding buttons LOW or HI
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Regular and careful cleaning helps your infrared heater to operate efficiently for many trouble-free years.
To clean your heater, please follow the steps below:
- Unplug the power cord for your safety before cleaning your heater.
- Make sure the heater is cool before continuing
- To keep the heater clean, the outer should be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. You may use a mild detergent if necessary. After cleaning, dry the unit with a soft cloth. (CAUTION: DO NOT let liquids enter the heater)
- DO NOT use alcohol, gasoline, abrasive powders, furniture polish or rough brushes to clean the heater. This may cause damage or deterioration to the surface of the heater.
- DO NOT immerse the heater in water
- Wait until the heater is completely dry before use.
Storage: Store the heater in a cool, dry location when not in use to prevent dust and dirt buildup. Use packaging cartons to store.
When the heater will not turn on:
- Check if the power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet, if not, plug it in.
- Make sure the power outlet has power running through it.
LED light is on but has no heat.
- Click the power setting button of the heater to the Low or Hi position.
This Patio Heater is Warranted to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 90 days from the date of the original purchase. The vendor may require reasonable proof of date of purchase therefore you should retain your sales receipt or invoice. This limited warranty does not cover failure due to abuse, misuse, accidents or unauthorized alterations or repairs. This limited warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of parts that prove defective within 90 days from the date of purchase under normal use and service which the vendor shall determine in its reasonable discretion upon examination to be defective. If your product is defective, please contact the vendor customer service team provided below before returning the item. If the vendor approves the claim, the vendor will replace such defective parts without a charge. If you return a defective part, the shipping cost will be responsible to the original purchaser. In addition, the Limited Warranty does not cover damage to the ﬁnish such as scratches, dents, discoloration, rust, or weather damage, after purchase. The consumer is responsible for shipping, handling, and processing warranty claims after 30 days of the purchase date.
Limitation of Remedies and Liability:
We shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty on its Product. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty or merchantability or ﬁtness for a particular purpose on this Product shall be limited to the duration of the above warranty. Neither us nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the Product shall be liable for damages of any type, including but not limited to any lost proﬁts, lost savings, loss of anticipated beneﬁts, or other incidental or consequential damages which may arise out of the purchase, use, or inability to use the Product, whether arising out of contract, negligence, strict tort, or under any warranty, or otherwise, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damage or any other claim by any other party. Our liability for any breach of warranty shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective part or parts as described above. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The above warranty gives you speciﬁc legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Questions, Concerns, Missing
- Before returning to the store, please contact our customer service team
- Please call 888-287-0735 / 8am – 5pm PST / Monday to Friday
- Email: [email protected]