Quick Start Guide
Drinkwell® 2 Gallon
Please read this entire guide before beginning.
You and your pet were made for each other. Our aim is to help you have the best companionship and the most memorable moments together. Your new 2 Gallon Pet Fountain is designed to entice your pet to stay hydrated and healthy.
We know that safe pets make happy owners. Before getting started, please take a moment to read through the important safety information. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Hereinafter Radio Systems Corporation and any other affiliate or Brand of Radio Systems Corporation may be referred to collectively as “We” or “Us”.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Explanation of Attention Words and Symbols used in this guide
This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to potential personal injury hazards. Obey all safety messages that follow this symbol to avoid possible injury or death.
WARNING indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION, used without the safety alert symbol, indicates a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in harm to your pet.
NOTICE is used to address safe use practices not related to personal injury.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using this product.
- To reduce the risk of injury, close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- To protect against electric shock, do not place an electrical power cord or plug in water or other liquids.
- Do not operate any appliance if it has a damaged electrical power cord or plug, or if it is malfunctioning or has been damaged. Call the Customer Care Center immediately for further instructions.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not place or store an appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a bathtub or sink.
- Always unplug any appliance when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Do not use an appliance for anything other than its intended use.
- If the plug of this device gets wet, turn off the electricity to that electrical outlet. Do not attempt to unplug.
- Examine this appliance after installation. Do not plug into the electrical outlet if there is water on the electrical power cord or plug.
Do not allow pets to chew on or swallow any parts. If you are concerned your pet may chew the power cord,
purchase a cord conduit (a hard plastic protector) at any hardware store.
- The plastic fountain parts are BPA-FREE. However, some animals have been known to be sensitive to plastic food and water containers. If your animal shows signs of an allergic reaction to the plastic, please discontinue use until you have consulted with your veterinarian.
- The fountain is intended to run continuously (always plugged into an electrical outlet), as long as the water level is maintained and the fountain is cleaned regularly. Be sure to check the water level regularly to help prevent damage to the pump, as your pet will drink the water, and some may evaporate.
- Do not attempt repairs on the pump.
- Do not pull on the electrical power cord to remove the plug from the electrical outlet.
- To unplug, grasp the plug, not the electrical power cord.
- To avoid the possibility of the plug or electrical outlet getting wet, the electrical outlet should always be above the level of the fountain.
- If an extension cord is necessary, an extension cord with a proper rating should be used.
- The electrical use of this appliance is 8 watts.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the manufacturer may cause an unsafe condition. Do not modify the appliance.
- Do not install or store appliances where they will be exposed to weather or temperatures below 40° F.
- Read and observe all important notices listed on the appliance and in the packaging.
- Never wash the filter with soapy water as the soap residue will seep into the filter and cannot be removed. Only rinse the filter with water.
- Use only PetSafe® Brand authorized replacement filters. If unauthorized filters are used, the warranty may be voided.
- Do not use outdoors. Do not run dry. For indoor household use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
To get the most protection out of your warranty, please register your product within 30 days at
www.petsafe.com. By registering and keeping your receipt, you will enjoy the product’s full warranty, and should you ever need to call the Customer Care Center, we will be able to help you faster. Most importantly, your valuable information will never be given or sold to anyone. Complete warranty information is available online at www.petsafe.com.
In the Box
Assemble Pet Fountain
- Rinse all fountain components (except for the adaptor) with warm water before use. This will remove any residue from the manufacturing process. Place the foam filter inside the bowl as shown.
- Place the pump inside the foam filter on the bottom of the bowl. The cord will be closest to the hole on the back of the bowl. Press down on the pump to engage the suction cups.
- Once the pump is securely in place, feed the cord through the hole on the back of the bowl and out the notch on the bottom of the bowl.
- Remove the extra slack from the cord and push the rubber gasket firmly into the hole.
- Attach the rubber connector to the pump tube if it is not already attached.
- Open the filter housing by using the tabs to pull it apart.
- Rinse the carbon filter thoroughly under cold water to remove any loose carbon dust. Insert the rounded side of the carbon filter into the rounded side (Side A) of the filter housing.
- Close the filter housing by aligning the clips from the bottom and pressing down until it snaps shut.
- Insert the filter housing into the pump tube. Attach the bottom of the filter housing to the pump tube.
- Align the bottom tab of the filter housing with the raised notch. The flat side (Side B) of the filter housing will be facing the front of the bowl.
- Attach the tower by aligning it with the raised notches on the back of the bowl.
- Insert the flow control knob into the hole on the top of the tower. Turn the knob clockwise to maximize the water stream. Turn the knob counterclockwise to decrease the water stream or shut it off.
- Attach the lid to the tower. Pick up the pet fountain by the bowl and place it in the desired location. Pour water into the bowl, leaving 1/2 inch of space between the water level and the rim of the bowl.
- Make sure the electrical power cord, the adaptor, and your hands are completely dry. Connect the in-line plug and make sure no silver is showing, then plug the adapter into a standard electrical wall outlet.
NOTE: Never let the water level fall below 1 inch from the base of the bowl or your pump might fail.
Pet Fountain Cleaning
NOTE: Replace the carbon filter every 2-4 weeks and replace the foam filter every 1-2 months.
- Unplug the fountain, and disconnect the in-line plug.
- Pick up the pet fountain by the bowl, and take it to the sink.
- Pour out the water, and then disassemble the pet fountain.
- Discard the carbon filter and the foam filter. See instructions on page 10 for cleaning your pump. Use a solution of 80% water and 20% white vinegar to remove hard water buildup.
- Wash all other parts with warm water and soap, or place them in the top rack of the dishwasher.
NOTE: Do not place the adaptor, rubber connector, or pump in the dishwasher.
- Remove the faceplate. You may need to use a fingernail to pry it off.
- Remove the yellow, teardrop-shaped stator by pulling up on the small tab.
- Use a fingernail to pull out the impeller, which is held in place magnetically. Clean the pump parts with warm water and soap, then reassemble.
Replacement Parts and Accessories
Replacement parts or accessories for your fountain can be purchased by visiting www.petsafe.com
or by contacting our Customer Care Center at +1 (800) 732-2677.
Filter subscriptions are now available! Get fountain filters automatically and conveniently delivered right to your door when you need them. Free shipping and 5% discount included. Visit www.petsafe.com to sign up or call our Customer
Care Center at +1 (800) 732-2677.
|Part Description||Replacement Part Number|
|Carbon Replacement Filters- 4-Pack||PAC00-13906|
|Foam Replacement Filters, 2-Pack||PAC0 0 -16467|
|Replacement Pump||PAC0 0 -16 6 41|
USA & Canada – Tel: +1 800-732-2677, Monday–Friday 8 AM – 8 PM / Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM
The use of this product is subject to your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained with this product. Use of this product implies acceptance of all such terms, conditions, and notices. If you do not wish to accept these terms, conditions, and notices, please return the product, unused, in its original packaging and at your own cost and risk to the relevant Customer Care location together with proof of purchase for a full refund.
- Proper Use
Proper Use includes, without limitation, reviewing the entire Product Manual and any specific safety information statements. The specific temperament or size/weight of your pet may not be suitable for this product. If you are unsure whether this product is appropriate for your pet, please consult your veterinarian or certified trainer prior to use. For products used with pets where training is desired, Radio Systems Corporation recommends that these training products are not used if your pet is aggressive and accepts no liability for determining suitability in individual cases.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
This product is designed for use with pets only. This product is not intended to harm, injure or provoke. Using this product in a way that is not intended could result in a violation of Federal, State, or local laws.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Radio Systems Corporation or any of its associated companies be liable for (i) any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damage and/or (ii) any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or connected with the use or misuse of this product. The Purchaser assumes all risks and liability from the use of this product to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Modification of Terms and Conditions
Radio Systems Corporation reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices governing this product from time to time. If such changes have been notified to you prior to your use of this product, they shall be binding on you as if incorporated herein.
One Year Non-Transferrable Limited Warranty
This product has the benefit of a limited manufacturer’s warranty. Complete details of the warranty applicable to this product and its terms can be found at www.petsafe.com and/or are available by contacting your local Customer Care Center: Radio Systems Corporation, 10427 PetSafe Way, Knoxville, TN 37932 USA.
Radio Systems Corporation
10427 PetSafe Way
Knoxville, TN 37932
+1 (800) 732-2677
RE40 0 -2215/2
©2019 Radio Systems Corporation
- PetSafe® | Dog Fences | Feeders | Collars | Cat Litter Boxes
- PetSafe® | Dog Fences | Feeders | Collars | Cat Litter Boxes