PHI VILLA AH-FP-32FO Electric Fireplace Heater
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, AND INJURY TO PERSONS, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING
Read all instructions before using this heater. Failure to follow these important safety instructions may cause fire, electric shock or damage. Following proper safety and operating instructions is the responsibility of the owner.
- Grounding (If necessary) – this heater is for use on 120 volts. DO NOT attempt to modify the plug in any way or use adaptor to defeat the purpose of the grounding feature.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let skin come in direct contact with hot surfaces. The grill directly in front of the heater outlet becomes hot during heater operation.
- Front of fireplace should remain not blocked while in use.
- CAUTION: Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or those with disabilities. Never leave the heater operating unattended.
- Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after the heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Take heater to authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment or repair.
- Under no circumstance should this electric heater be modified. Parts having to be removed for servicing must be replaced by a certified repair center prior to operating this electric heater again.
- Do not use outdoors or anywhere it can get wet. This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate heater in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate this appliance where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- To disconnect heater, turn off all controls, then remove plug from outlet.
- Connect to property grounded outlets only.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- CAUTION: A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, propane, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored or where the unit will be exposed to flammable vapors. The heater should not be used as a drying rack for clothing. Do not hand any decorations on the heater.
- Do not modify this heater. Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons
- Avoid the use of an extension cord because the extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire. However, if you have to use an extension cord, the cord shall be No.16AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875 watts, and 3-wire cord with grounding type plug and cord connector.
- Do not plug this product into a receptacle controlled by a wall switch or dimmer.
- Always use a certified electrician should new circuits or outlets be required.
- Always disconnect power before performing any cleaning, maintenance or relocation of the heater.
- For off-season storage, keep in a dry place.
NOTE: Procedures and techniques that are considered important enough to emphasize.
CAUTION: Procedures and techniques, which, if not carefully followed, will result in damage to the equipment or personal property or may cause personal injury. WARNING: Procedures and techniques, which, if not carefully followed, will expose the user to the risk of serious injury, illness or death.
This heater and parts become hot when in use. The area directly around and under the heater must be clear and free of any obstructions.
DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO OPERATE THIS HEATER. KEEP CHILDREN AND PETS AWAY FROM HEATER AND CONTROLS.
- Power supply: 120V AC
- Frequency: 60Hz
- Power: 750W/1500W
NOTE: If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
TOOL REQUIRED: PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWDRIVER
WARNING: Make sure the fireplace INSERT controls are in the OFF position and the INSERT is NOT plugged in.
CAUTION: Place a piece of cardboard or protective sheet on the floor in order to avoid scratching the decorative surface of your mantle during assembly.
Please DO NOT fully tighten the KD screws until all panels are assembled.
- Step 1: Attach 2 CONNECTOR [S] to the UPPER FRONT PANEL [E] with 4 Large KD SCREWS (2 screws for each side). See Fig.A.
- Step 2: Attach all PLASTIC CONNECTOR [X] to the PANELS [C, D and E] as shown in Fig.B. (2 screws for each PLASTIC CONNECTOR) Fig. B
NOTE: If the KD SCREW(S) do not fit during assembly, loosen the 2 screws to adjust the PLASTIC CONNECTOR until the PANELS/KD SCREWS can be installed.
- Step 3: Attach the SIDE PANELS [C] to the FRONT PANELS [D] with 6 KD SCREWS as shown in Fig. C. (3 screws for each side)
- Step 4: Attach the LEFT and RIGHT SIDE PANELS [C, D an G] to the BASE [B] using 4 KD SCREWS (2 screws for each side). See Fig.D.
- Step 5: Place the LOWER FRONT PANEL [F] in between the lower section of 2 FRONT PANELS [D] and attach with 2 Large KD SCREWS (1 screw for each side)
- Step 6: Attach the LEGS [Q] to the INSERT with 8 LEG SCREWS [P] (4 screw for each side). See Fig.F.
- Step 7: Carefully place the INSERT into the unit opening. The front of INSERT should be flush with the front of the mantel. Once the INSERT is in place, attach 2 MOUNTING BRACKETS [V] with 2 KD SCREWS onto the bottom of insert. (1 screw for each bracket) See Fig.G.
- Step 8: Attach the UPPER FRONT PANEL [E] in between the upper section of 2 FRONT PANELS [D] with 2 Large KD SCREWS. (1 screw for each side) See Fig.H.
- Step 9: Attach 2 MOUNTING CLIPS [U] onto the top of INSERT and lock in place with 2 SHORT KD SCREWS [T]. See Fig.I
- Step 10: Install the TOP PANEL [A] to the unit as shown and attach with 4 KD SCREWS. See Fig.J.
- Step 11: Tighten all KD SCREWS.
- Step 12: Carefully move the assembled unit to the desired location. The Fireplace Mantel should not be positioned in area exposed to direct sunlight.
WALL ANCHOR SAFETY SET（If have this accessory）
The use of wall anchor safety cable is highly recommended in order to reduce the risk of the fireplace being tipped over accidentally.
WARNING: This cable may reduce possible risk of injury if the fireplace is improperly handled, but is not a substitute for proper adult supervision. Children should not be left unattended near any heater.
- Drill a 5/16 in (8mm) hole in the wall. Insert the plastic wall anchor into the hole and gently tap until the flange on the anchor is against the wall surface.
- Position the back edge of the mantel close to the wall.
- Attach the safety cable to the mantel using the screw for mantel.
- Use the screw for wall to attach the other end of safety cable to the wall.
- Make sure all screws are tight.
After reading complete instructions, confirm all controls on fireplace are in the OFF position. Plug the fireplace into a 15AMP/120Volt outlet. If the cord does not reach, you may use an extension cord rated for a minimum of 1875 WATTS. Once the fireplace insert has been properly connected to a grounded, electrical outlet, it is ready to operate.
The controls are located behind the grill below front glass and can be accessed by pulling the grill up from the top, forward and down.
- O/I: Press this button for main power and flame effect. The indicator light will turn on. See below for other control switches.
- 750W: For low heat function – Press this switch while the O/I switch is in the on position for low heat. The indicator light will turn on.
- 1500W: For high heat function – Press this switch while the O/I switch and the 750W switch are in the on position for high heat. The indicator light will turn on.
- Temperature Control: To adjust the temperature to your individual requirements, turn the temperature control dial to the right (clockwise) to increase the desired temperature and to the left for lower temperature. This temperature control dial can only be used while the O/I switch and 750W & 1500W switches are in the ON position. When the heater reaches the desired temperature, the heater and 750W/1500W indicator light will turn off but the fan will continue to operate. Adjust this knob to restart the heater.
- Dimmer Control Knob: Turn the dimmer dial clockwise or counter clockwise to get the desired flame intensity. The dimmer switch can only be used when the O/I switch is in the on position.
Note: When the O/I switch is turned off, all other heater functions will stop even though the switches may be in the on position.
NOTE: In order to shut down the heater safely, it is recommended to turn the Temperature Control knob to lowest setting and allow the heater to cool down before press the O/I switch to off position.
WARNING: Completely disconnect power before attempting any maintenance or cleaning, to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock. The bulbs in your unit can become extremely hot. Allow at least 10 minutes between turning off the unit and removing the light bulbs to avoid the accidental burning of the skin. Maintenance should only be performed by a certified technician.
RISK OF FIRE: Do not exceed the recommended bulb wattage.
Replacing The Light Bulb
- Step 1: Remove 12 screws on the back of fireplace and open the rear cover. There are 2 larger screws and 10 smaller screws.
- Step 2: You will find 1 X 40W Type B-10 bulb under log-set bed.
- Step 3: Loosen and remove the burnt out bulb and replace with new bulb.
- Step 4: Close the rear cover. Secure the 2 larger screws into the top left corner hole and bottom right corner holes as shown in the diagram. Secure the 10 smaller screws into the remaining holes. Make sure the screws are in the correct holes and have been tightened.
- Step 5: Plug in the unit.
Before cleaning any parts of the fireplace make sure to first turn off the controls and then unplug the unit from power source.
CAUTION: Wait until the unit has completely cooled before attempting any cleaning.
Cleaning Glass Panel: Remove dust with clean dry cloth. Remove fingerprints and other marks from glass door by using a clean damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or spray liquids on glass door surfaces. Metal and metal painted parts should be cleaned with clean damp cloth only. Do not use abrasive cleaners or spray liquids on these surfaces.
Your satisfaction is important to us! If any problems or questions, please contact us at [email protected] or call our after-sale support hotline at 1-877-606-2818
Monday-Sunday PST 09:00AM–18:00PM
Please mention the complete Order ID & model/SKU number.