POLAR G604-A Stainless Steel Pizza Salad Prep/Saladette Counter
- Position on a flat, stable surface.
- A service agent/qualified technician should carry out installation and any repairs if required. Do not remove any components or service panels on this product.
- Consult Local and National Standards to comply with the following:
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Fire Precautions
- Wiring Regulations
- Building Regulations
- DO NOT use jet/pressure washers to clean the appliance.
- DO NOT use the appliance outside.
- DO NOT use this appliance to store medical supplies.
- DO NOT stand or support yourself on the base, drawers or doors.
- DO NOT allow oil or fat to come into contact with the plastic components or door seal. Clean immediately if contact occurs.
- Bottles that contain a high percentage of alcohol must be sealed and placed vertically in the refrigerator.
- Always carry, store and handle the appliance in a vertical position and move by holding the base of the appliance.
- Always switch off and disconnect the power supply to the unit before cleaning.
- Keep all packaging away from children. Dispose of the packaging in accordance with the regulations of local authorities.
- If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a POLAR agent or a recommended qualified technician in order to avoid a hazard.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience or knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Polar recommend that this appliance should be periodically tested (at least annually) by a Competent Person. Testing should include, but not be limited to: Visual Inspection, Polarity Test, Earth Continuity, Insulation Continuity and Functional Testing.
Caution Risk of Fire
Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
Warning: Keep all ventilation openings clear of obstruction. Unit should not be boxed in without adequate ventilation.
- Warning: Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Warning: Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Warning: Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are the type recommended by the manufacturer.
G604-A – POLAR 2 Door Pizza/Salad Prep Counter Refrigerator
G605-A – POLAR 3 Door Pizza/Salad Prep Counter Refrigerator
G606-A – POLAR 2 Door Saladette Counter
G607-A – POLAR 3 Door Saladette Counter
Please take a few moments to carefully read through this manual. Correct maintenance and operation of this machine will provide the best possible performance from your POLAR product.
The following is included:
- POLAR Refrigerator
- Shelf guides
- Gastronorm Adaptor Bars
- Floor guards
- Instruction manual
POLAR prides itself on quality and service, ensuring that at the time of packaging the contents are supplied fully functional and free of damage. Should you find any damage as a result of transit, please contact your POLAR dealer immediately.
Note: If the unit has not been stored or moved in an upright position, let it stand upright for approximately 12 hours before operation. If in doubt allow to stand.
- Remove the appliance from the packaging. Make sure that all protective plastic film and coatings are thoroughly removed from all surfaces.
- To optimize performance and longevity, ensure a minimum clearance of 2.5cm is maintained between the unit and walls and other objects, with a minimum 5cm clearance on the top. NEVER LOCATE NEXT TO A HEAT SOURCE.
Note: Before using the appliance for the first time, clean the shelves and interior with soapy water.
- Level the appliance by adjusting the screw feet.
Fitting the Shelves & Floor Guards
- Place one set of shelf guides on either side of the cabinet at the desired height.
- Slide the shelf into place.
- Repeat for the remaining shelves.
- Place the floor guards on the floor of the cabinet, ensuring the flat side is clear of the floor.
Note: This is vital for ensuring correct drainage of condensation.
GN Pan Layout
To get the best results from your POLAR appliance, follow ese instructions:
- Only store foodstuffs in the appliance when it has reached the correct operating temperature.
- Ensure gastronorm bays are full at all times, even if the gastronorms are unused or empty. Empty bays will greatly reduce efficiency of the appliance.
- Always close the lid when not in use.
- Do not place uncovered hot food or liquid inside the appliance.
- Wrap or cover food where possible.
- Do not obstruct the fans inside the appliance.
- Avoid opening the doors for prolonged periods of time.
Open/Close the Lid (G606-A/G607-A Only)
The lid of the G606-A and G607-A Saladette Counter is multi-positional:
- With the lid closed, slide the panel back into the half open position. This allows partial access to the gastronorm trays.
- Lift the lid up and back so the hinge settles into the support slot.
- Lift the lid up and completely back so the gastronorm trays are completely exposed.
WARNING: The sliding lid does not have a locking mechanism. Always make sure that the lid is in the ‘half-open’ position before opening.
- Close the door(s) of the appliance.
- Ensure the power switch is set to [O] and turn on at the socket.
- Switch on the Power [I]. The current temperature within the appliance is displayed.
To See the Setpoint
Push and immediately release the SET key. The display will show the setpoint value.
Changing the Setpoint
- Press the SET button for 3 seconds. The display will flash.
- Press the or buttons to display the required temperature
- Press the SET button to store the temperature.
The appliance will automatically run a defrost cycle every six hours.
Note: The cycle starts from the time the appliance is initially powered up.
To manually defrost the appliance:
- Press and hold the “aux” button for more than 2 seconds.
- The defrost cycle will start immediately and the Defrost LED illuminates.
Note: Starting a manual defrost also resets the automatic defrost timer. The next automatic defrost will start six hours after the manual defrost has finished.
Cleaning, Care & Maintenance
Switch off and disconnect from the power supply before cleaning.
- Clean the interior of the appliance as often as possible.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning agents. These can leave harmful residues.
- Clean the door seal with warm soapy water.
- Always wipe dry after cleaning.
- Do not allow water used in cleaning to run through the drain hole into the evaporation pan.
- Take care when cleaning the rear of the appliance. Sharp edges can cut.
- A POLAR agent or qualified technician must carry out repairs if required.
Note: Condensation will form in refrigeration with frequent opening of the doors and on hot humid days, please ensure condensation is allowed to drain properly or is wiped dry.
Cleaning the Condenser Filter
- The condenser is part of the refrigeration system. The condenser filter requires monthly cleaning.
- Always disconnect power supply before carrying out Routine Maintenance.
- Failure to clean the condenser filter will reduce the performance and life of your Polar unit and may invalidate your warranty.
- These models have a removable filter which can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
If your POLAR appliance develops a fault, please check the following table before making a call to the Helpline or your POLAR dealer.
|The appliance is not working||The unit is not switched on||Check the unit is plugged in correctly and switched on|
|Plug or lead is damaged||Call POLAR agent or qualified Technician|
|Power supply||Check power supply|
|The appliance turns on, but the temperature is too high/low||Too much ice on the evaporator||Defrost the appliance|
|Condenser blocked with dust||Clean the Condenser|
|Doors are not shut properly||Check doors are shut and seals are not damaged|
|Appliance is located near a heat source or air flow to the condenser is being interrupted||Move the refrigerator to a more suitable location|
|Ambient temperature is too high||Increase ventilation or move appliance to a cooler position|
|Unsuitable foodstuffs are being stored in the appliance||Remove any excessive hot foodstuffs or blockages to the fan|
|Appliance is overloaded||Reduce the amount of food stored in the appliance|
|The appliance is leaking water||The appliance is not properly levelled||Adjust the screw feet to level the appliance (if applicable)|
|The discharge outlet is blocked||Clear the discharge outlet|
|Movement of water to the drain is obstructed||Clear the floor of the appliance (if applicable)|
|The water container is damaged||Call POLAR agent or qualified Technician|
|The drip tray is overflowing||Empty the drip tray (if applicable)|
|The appliance is unusually loud||Loose nut/screw||Check and tighten all nuts and screws|
|The appliance has not been installed in a level or stable position||Check installation position and change if necessary|
|Dimensions H x W x D mm||Weight (kg)|
|G604-A||220-240V~ 50Hz||155W||1.2A||2°C – 8°C||R600a 68g||1180 x 903 x 700||70|
|G605-A||220-240V~ 50Hz||235W||1.3A||2°C – 8°C||R600a 110g||1180 x 1370 x 700||100|
|G606-A||220-240V~ 50Hz||155W||1.2A||2°C – 8°C||R600a 70g||882 x 900 x 700||70|
|G607-A||220-240V~ 50Hz||235W||1.3A||2°C – 8°C||R600a 100g||882 x 1365 x 700||107|
The plug is to be connected to a suitable mains socket. This appliance is wired as follows:
- Live wire (coloured brown) to terminal marked L
- Neutral wire (coloured blue) to terminal marked N
- Earth wire (coloured green/yellow) to terminal marked E
The appliances must be earthed. If in doubt consult a qualified electrician. Electrical isolation points must be kept clear of any obstructions. In the event of any emergency disconnection being required they must be readily accessible. Compliance The product must not be disposed of as household waste. To help prevent possible harm to human health and/or the environment, the product must be disposed of in an approved and environmentally safe recycling process. For further information on how to dispose of this product correctly, contact the product supplier, or the local authority responsible for waste disposal in your area. POLAR parts have undergone strict product testing in order to comply with regulatory standards and specifications set by international, independent, and federal authorities. POLAR products have been approved to carry the following symbol:
All rights reserved. No part of these instructions may be produced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of POLAR. Every effort is made to ensure all details are correct at the time of going to press, however, POLAR reserve the right to change specifications without notice.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
|Equipment Type • Uitrustingstype • Type d’équipement • Gerätetyp
• Tipo di apparecchiatura • Tipo de equipo • Tipo de equipamento
|Model • Modèle • Modell • Modello
• Modelo • Malli
|G-Series Pizza Prep Counter Fridge 254Ltr||G604 (& -E -A)|
|G-Series Pizza Prep Counter Fridge 390Ltr||G605 (& -E -A)|
|G-Series Saladette Counter Fridge 240Ltr||G606 (& -E -A)|
|G-Series Saladette Counter Fridge 368Ltr||G607 (& -E -A)|
|Application of Territory Legislation||Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC||Electrical Safety|
|& Council Directives(s)||EN 60335-1:2012 +A11:2014 +A13:2017||IEC 60335-1:2010 +A1:2013 +A2:2015|
|Toepassing van Europese||+A1:2019 +A14:2019 +A2:2019||IEC 60335-2-89:2010 +A1:2012 +A2:2016|
|Richtlijn(en) • Application de la/des||EN 60335-2-89:2010 +A1:2016 +A2:2017|
|directive(s) du Conseil • Anwendbare||EN 62233:2008|
|EU-Richtlinie(n) • Applicazione delle||Electromagnetic Compatibility|
|Direttive||Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)||EN 55014-1:2017|
|• Aplicación de la(s) directiva(s) del||Directive 2014/30/EU – recast of 2004/108/EC||EN 55014-2:2015|
|consejo • Aplicação de directiva(s) do||EN 55014-1:2017||EN 61000-3-2: 2014|
|Conselho||EN 55014-2:2015||EN 61000-3-3: 2013|
|EN 61000-3-2: 2014|
|EN 61000-3-3: 2013|
|Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive|
|(RoHS) 2015/863 amending Annex II to|
|Producer Name • Naam fabrikant • Nom du producteur • Name des Herstellers
• Nome del produttore • Nombre del fabricante • Nome do fabricante
I, the undersigned, hereby declare that the equipment specified above conforms to the above Territory Legislation, Directive(s) and Standard(s).
|7th January 2021|
|Ashley Hooper||Eoghan Donnellan||Josie Holt|
|Technical & Quality Manager||Commercial Manager/ Importer||Commercial Manager/ Responsible Supplier|
|Fourth Way,||42 North Point||15 Bagdally Road,|
|Bristol,||New Mallow Road||NSW 2560|