- Before using the PollenMaster machine we highly recommend that you freeze your dried material for 2+ hours in a plastic bag. This will harden your plant material allowing the resin to freeze and fall from the plant material easier, making the sieving process considerably more efficient. Leaf should be separated from stem and tumbled separately. When tumbling stems they should be cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Now that leaf material is ready to be sifted you can open the lid of the PollenMaster and then gently lift the drum out.
- Now that you have removed the drum you can open it to insert your leaf material. The lid of the drum is magnetically attached so you may need to firmly pull it off. Close the lid of the drum and then gently put the drum back in the PollenMaster, motor side first. Note: Lift the drum out on the opposite side of the motor first.
- You can now turn on your PollenMaster. We recommend the first session be between 2-5 minutes in order to collect the purest quality of fallen resin glands. A kitchen timer should be used to keep track of the sifting sessions. Stems should be tumbled for a longer period of time due to the fact that there is no plant matter that can be broken down and get through the screen and pollute your end product.
- Remove the drum and using a clean paint brush, gently brush all the trichomes into a pile and use a card to pick up the trichomes and seal in an airtight jar for optimum freshness.