PowMr POW-LVM2K-12V Inverter Charger User Manual
Important Safety Instructions
Please save these instructions
This manual contains important safety, installation, and operating instructions for the inverter. The following symbols are used throughout the manual:
WARNING Indicates a potentially dangerous condition. Use extreme caution when performing this task.
CAUTION Indicates a critical procedure for safe and proper operation of the inverter.
NOTE Indicates a procedure or function that is important to the safe and proper operation of the inverter.
General Safety Information
- Installation and wiring must comply with the Local and National Electric Codes (NEC) and must be done by a certified technician.
- Read all of the instructions and cautions in the manual before beginning the installation.
- There are no serviceable parts for this inverter. Do NOT disassemble or attempt to repair the inverter.
- Make sure all connections going into and from the inverter are tight. There may be sparks when making connections, therefore, make sure there are not flammable materials or gases near installation.
- The inverters are suitable for 12V Battery Banks ONLY.
- ALWAYS make sure inverter is in OFF position and disconnect all AC and DC connecting when working on any circuit associated with the inverter.
- NEVER connect the AC output of the unit directly to an Electrical Breaker Panel/ Load Centre which is also fed from the utility power / generator.
- When connecting battery terminals, ensure the polarity of the battery connections is correct. Incorrect polarity may cause permanent damage to the unit.
- Be careful when touching bare terminals of capacitors as they may retain high lethal voltages even after power is removed.
- Do NOT let the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals of the battery touch each other.
- Use sealed Lead-Acid, Flooded, Gel, AGM, Lithium or Calcium batteries which must be deep cycle.
- Explosive battery gases may be present while charging. Be certain there is enough ventilation to release the gases.
- Be careful when working with large lead acid batteries. Wear eye protection and have fresh water available in case there is contact with the battery acid.
- Over-charging and excessive gas precipitation may damage the battery plates and activate material shedding on them. Too high of an equalizing charge or too long of one may cause damage. Please carefully review the specific requirements of the battery used in the system.
- The unit should be installed in a well-ventilated, cool, and dry environment. Make sure the fans of the unit and the ventilation holes are not blocked.
- Do not expose the unit to rain, moisture, snow, or liquids of any type.
GEN ERAL IN FORM ATION
The PowMr Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter Charger delivers superior performance for remote off-grid applications. The inverter is of pure sine wave capable of producing cleaner, smoother, and more reliable electricity for a user’s electronic needs. The inverter is also able to charger the battery bank when AC power is connected to the inverter.
- Robust and sleek design
- LCD and LED display used to view inverter status and programming features
- Offers high quality waveform with little harmonic distortion
- 4-Stage battery charger with configurable charging current
- 8 Pre-Set battery voltages including Lithium; User-defined option available
- Automatic generator start option
- Peak efficiency >90%
- Multiple electronic protections
Pure Sine Wave
The PowMr Power Inverters output a pure sine wave similar to the waveform of the grid power. In a pure sine wave, the voltage rises and falls in a smooth fashion with very low harmonic distortion and cleaner utility-like power. This gives users stable enough power to operate tools, fans, lights, computers, and other electronics without any interference. Pure sine wave inverters are in many cases more efficient, allowing users to use less energy and allow for more device capability. The main advantage to pure sine wave inverters is that they are used to operate sensitive electronic devices that require a high quality waveform with little harmonic distortion. Almost any electronic device could be powered using a pure sine wave inverter.
IN TRODU CTION
Basic System Architecture
Instruction to working mode Inversion priority mode
- In case of normal battery voltage, the inverter operates under inversion mode and load power is supplied by battery inversion;
- The system automatically switches to battery-powered mode if the battery is fully charged by solar energy or wind Energy through controller.
- The battery can also be charged when inverter operates under electric supply mode, which is determined by mode Setting of charging current, the charging current can be OA if charging is unnecessary
Electric supply priority mode
- In case the load is powered by electric supply, the electric supply has to pass input protection device, And filter before supplying power to load in order to ensure power stability, it can be also charge the battery(determined By charging mode)
- In case of outage or abnormity of electric supply ,the system automatically switches to battery-powered mode
- In case electric supply is normal ,the system automatically switches to electric supply mode to supply power to load
- Pure sine wave inverter
- Configurable input voltage range for home appliances and personal computers via LCD setting
- Configurable battery charging current based on applications via LCD setting
- LCD and LED Display
- Over temperature auto restart
- Overload/ Over temperature/ short circuit protection
2. Real view
Battery Charging Stages
- Bulk Stage: The charger will supply constant current until the battery voltage reaches the
- boost voltage: The software will calculate the time charging began up until the battery voltage reaches 0.3V below the boost voltage. It uses this time to as TO and T0x1 0 = T1. Boost Stage: The charger will supply constant voltage and reduce the current slowly through this stage. The charger will stay in this stage until T1 has run out. After this time the charger will enter the float stage. This stage will last between 1 hour and 12 hours depending on T1.
- Float Stage: During this stage the charger will supply a constant voltage which is determined by the battery selected and will keep current at a minimum. This stage acts as a trickle charger.
- Equalization: This stage is only available if the battery selector is switched to position 8. During this stage the batteries are charged at a higher voltage than normal and for most batteries this could cause damage. Please refer to the batteries owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer to see if this stage is needed.
Operation and Display Panel
LCD Display Icons
After pressing and holding ENTER button for 3 seconds, the unit will enter setting mode. Press “UP” or “DOWN” button to select setting programs. And then, press “ENTER” button to confirm the selection or ESC button to exit.
After setting out the output frequency, the output voltage, the charge current and the AC input voltage range, it is necessary to turn off the electricity and restart the inverter.
Fault Reference Code
SHENZHEN HEHEJIN INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD