Princess Chocolate fountain XL Instruction Manual
© Princess 2019
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the damage.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Never move the appliance by pulling the cord and make sure the cord cannot become entangled.
- The appliance must be placed on a stable, level surface.
- The user must not leave the device unattended while it is connected to the supply.
- This appliance is only to be used for household purposes and only for the purpose it is made for.
- To protect children against the dangers of electrical appliances, please make sure that you never leave the appliance unattended. Therefore you have to select a storage place for the appliance where children are not able to grab it. Make sure that the cable is not hanging in a downward position.
- To protect yourself against an electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or appliance in the water or any other liquid.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
- Take the appliance and accessories out the box. Remove the stickers, protective foil or plastic from the device.
- Before using your appliance for the first time, wipe off all removable parts with a damp cloth. Never use abrasive products.
- Place the appliance on a stable, horizontal and level surface, do not place the appliance on non-heat-resistant surfaces and ensure a minimum of 10cm free space around the device. This device is not suitable for installation in a cabinet or for outside use.
- Keep in mind that chocolate can drip or splash, the place of use should be easy to clean.
- Put the power cable into the socket.
- Place the appliance on a dry, stable and flat surface.
- The switch has the following positions:
- 0 (off)
- I (heating element and motor element are both in operation)
- II (only heating element is on)
- We recommend using chocolate with a high proportion of cocoa butter, couverture chocolate (a very high-quality chocolate with a higher percentage of cocoa butter) or chocolate specially made for chocolate fondues, so that the device will function optimally. Use some vegetable oil if the cocoa butter content is not high enough (at least 60% of cocoa) to make the chocolate liquid.
- Do not use chocolate that contains solid ingredients, such as nuts or almonds, as this can damage the chocolate fountain.
- Turn the switch to the “II” position. It will take between 3-5 minutes to warm up. Whilst the unit is heating, prepare the chocolate. For the full cascading chocolate fountain effect, you will need around 600 grams of melted chocolate.
- The quickest way to prepare the chocolate is in a microwave. Use a suitable jug or container and add 600 grams of chocolate chips (or broken bars) and cook on full power for 2 minutes. Take it out of the microwave and stir the mixture, ensuring that all the chocolate has melted. Pour it slowly into the preheated bowl of the fountain.
- As a rough guide, dip a desert spoon into the mixture and allow it to run off the spoon. If the mixture is slightly translucent this is a good indicator that the consistency is correct.
- Turn the switch to the “I” position, the spiral drive draws the warm chocolate up to the top of the tier system and then the enticing cascade starts to flow over the tiers. The chocolate will pour back into the bowl and then starts its journey all over again.
- Once the chocolate is in full flow, everyone can start to dip the food of their choice like exotic fruits, profiteroles, marshmallows and biscuits. The fountain is also suitable for sauces other than chocolate. For something completely different try a warm fruit sauce or a cheese, barbecue or sweet chili sauce.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Before cleaning, unplug the appliance and wait for the appliance to cool down.
- Never immerse the electrical device in water or any other liquid. The device is not dishwasher proof.
- Clean the appliance with a damp cloth. Never use harsh and abrasive cleaners, scouring pad or steel wool, which damages the device.
- The components are suitable for cleaning in a dishwasher.
- Do not pour the remaining chocolate into the toilet or into the drains. Pour the chocolate in a plastic bag or disposable container then into the garbage.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling of used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
You can find all available information and spare parts at www.princesshome.eu!