redback 107478 19 Inch 40V Li-ion Lawn Mowers
Important Safety Information
WARNING: Read and thoroughly understand all instructions and safety information before assembling or operating the lawn mower. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death. Do not allow anyone to operate this lawn mower who has not read this manual. As with all power equipment, a lawn mower can be dangerous if assembled or used improperly. Do not operate this lawn mower if you have doubts or questions concerning safe operation. Call our customer service department at 720-287-5182, 1-877-487-8275, or visit www.redbackpowerusa.com if you have any questions or concerns about the safe operation of this equipment.
Do not use the lawn mower for any purpose other than for which it was designed. Any other use is unauthorized and may result in serious injury or death.
Personal Protective Equipment
When operating this lawn mower it is essential that you wear safety gear including goggles or safety glasses, appropriate footware and tight fitting gloves (no loose cuffs or draw strings). Always wear ear plugs or sound deafening headphones to protect against hearing loss when operating this mower. Always wear sturdy footwear. Never wear sandals, sneakers or open shoes, and never operate the lawn mower with bare feet. Do not wear loose clothing that might get caught in moving parts.
Important Safety Information
Failure to follow warnings, cautions, assembly and operation instructions in the Operation Manual may result in serious injury or death.
READ THE OPERATION MANUAL BEFORE OPERATION.
- Do not permit children to operate this equipment at any time.
- Do not permit others that have not read and understood the complete Operation Manual to operate this equipment.
- The lawn mower can propel objects it strikes at high speeds. Keep all people and pets a minimum of 10 feet away from the work area when operating the lawn mower. It is recommended to wear heavy long pants during operation.
- Do not operate the lawn mower when under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication.
- Do not allow a person who is tired or otherwise impaired or not completely alert to operate the lawn mower.
- Do not operate the lawn mower in rain or other wet condi Protect the lawn mower from rain.
- Always keep hands, feet, hair and loose clothing away from the lawn mower.
- The battery should be removed before any repairs are attempted.
Battery tool use and care
- Recharge only with the charger specified by the manufacturer. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- Use power tools only with specifically designated battery packs. Use of any other battery packs may create a risk of injury and fire.
- When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects like paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals may cause burns or a fire.
- Under certain conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery may cause irritation or burns.
- DO NOT USE BATTERIES WITH DAMAGED CASES. Dispose of batteries properly. Do not dispose of batteries in household waste.
Important Safety Information
Safety icons are embossed into the discharge flap of the grass catcher receptacle on the lawn mower to remind you of important information while you are operating the unit.
- Use caution when operating this power equipment
- A lawn mower can eject objects at high speeds. Use caution when operating around other people and pets.
- Use caution when operating the lawn mower on slopes.
- Use caution when handling, dangerous pinch points!
- Stop the engine and remove the key before removing obstacles in mower’s path.
- Read and understand the Operation Manual before operating the lawn mower.
- A lawn mower can eject objects at high speeds. Use caution when operating near walls, fences and other obstacles.
- Remove key before making adjustments or performing maintenance.
- Keep feet and hands away from underside of mower: blades are extremely sharp!
- Avoid operating in the rain, protect the
- battery and mower from wet conditions.
Safety decals on the lawn mower are to remind you of important information while you are operating the unit. Make sure all decals are attached and in readable condition. Replace missing or defaced decals. Contact Redback USA at 1-877-487-8275 for replacement decals.
Attaching the Handlebars
- Align the lower handlebars with the handlebar brackets, push a hex bolt through on the top and secure with a hex nut on each side. Push a long carriage bolt through on the bottom and secure with a washer and triangle knob (see Figure 1).
- Place the upper handlebars on the lower handlebars aligning the holes in each. Insert the curved head bolt through the holes in the upper handle, the lower handle, plastic bushing and flat washer then secure with the triangle knob. Turn the triangle knob to tighten securely (see Figure 2).
Attaching the Grass Catcher
Lift the discharge flap. Hook the grass catcher bag into the lawn-mower. Fold the discharge flap down (see Figure 3).
Inserting/Replacing the Battery
Charge the battery as described in the charger operation manual. Open the battery cover 1. Press the charged battery into the power tool until it clicks into place 2. Close the battery cover 3 . To remove, press the release button 1 and pull out the battery 2.
CAUTION Protect the battery contacts when the battery is not being used. Metal objects may short-circuit the contacts and pose
both an explosion and fire hazard!
Battery Charge Indicator
The unit has a LED battery charge indicator on the handlebar. The LED shows 4 meaning there is 100% battery power, 3 is 75% power, 2 is 50% power, 1 is 25% power and 0 indicates there is no power .
Overview of Components
The lawn mower safety key is located under the battery cover (see Figure 4). When the key is removed the power supply to the motor is interrupted. To insert the safety key press down until the key clicks into place. To remove the key, press the lock 1 and pull out the safety key 2.
Remove the safety key if the unit is left unattended; before adjusting, cleaning or performing other work on the unit; before removing blockages or obstacles in the lawn mowers path.
Powering the Lawn Mower
To switch ON press the switch interlock and hold down. Pull the power activation bar towards the handle (see Figure 5). The motor starts.
Release the power activation bar to turn the motor off.
Risk of injury! After releasing the power activation bar, the cutting blade continues running briefly.
Adjusting the Cutting Height
The cutting height can be varied in 7 increments from 1 to 3 inches with the cutting height adjustment. Pull the handle outwards slightly to set the cutting height and release the lever (see Figure 6).
Emptying the Grass Catcher
When the grass catcher bag is full it should be emptied immediately. Release the power activation bar to switch the motor off. Wait until the blade stops. Lift the discharge flap. Remove the grass catcher. Lower the discharge flap down again. Empty the grass catcher.
Working without the Grass Catcher
When working without the grass catcher, the mowed grass is
ejected directly downwards.
Attaching the Side Discharge and Discharge Plug
Lift the discharge flap. Hook the side discharge into the lawn-mower. Fold the flap down. Lift the back cover of the mower . Hook the discharge plug into the lawn-mower. Fold the back cover down (see Figure 7).
Before performing any maintenance on the lawn mower, remove the battery.
Cleaning the Lawn Mower
Remove the battery. Remove the grass catcher. Do not use water or liquid detergents. Whenever possible, always clean the unit directly after mowing. After mowing, always clean the lawnmower with a hand brush. Remove grass residues carefully out of the cutting area. Remove stuck clipping deposits using a stiff brush. Keep the ventilation slots clean and dust-free.
Cleaning the Grass Catcher
For thorough cleaning, the grass catcher can be cleaned with a hose.
Replacing/Sharpening the Cutting Blade
To protect against injury from the cutting blade, have a lawn mower repair service replace or sharpen the cutting blade.
Check the unit for damage. Repairs may be carried out by an authorized customer service center only.
Remove the safety key and remove the battery from the mower before storing. Store the lawn mower in a dry, dust-free and frost-free place ideally in a temperature range of 50°-77°F (10-25 °C). Store the battery and the unit separately.
Folding the Lawn Mower
The handle bar can be folded down to facilitate storage and transport. Loosen the triangle knobs on either side of the upper handlebars and move the handlebar forwards. Charge the battery before storing the unit in winter. Keep the unit, in particular its plastic components, away from brake fluids, gasoline, petroleum products, penetrating oil, etc. They contain chemical substances which may damage, attack or destroy the plastic components of the unit. Remove the battery from the lawn mower when not in use.
Recycle raw materials instead of disposing as waste. Battery, accessories and packaging should be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner. Plastic parts are identified for recycling according to material type.
CAUTION Do not use batteries with damaged casing. Do not attempt to open batteries.Do not dispose of in fire, water or household waste.
Warranty & Specifications
We, the manufacturer, reserve the right to change the product and/ or specifications in this manual without notification. The manual is for information usage only and the pictures and drawings depicted herein are for reference only.
Warranty Repair and Service
Do not return this product to the store for warranty issues or repair. Call our customer service department at 720-287-5182, 1-877-487-8275, or visit www.redbackpowerusa.com for the location of the nearest service center.
Record the information below for future reference.
- Model No.
- Serial No.
- Date of Purchase
- Place of Purchase