REMINGTON® R3500AU POWER SERIES R3 USE & CARE MANUAL
2 YEAR WARRANTY
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be observed, including the following.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER: As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is off.
For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (rcd) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION AND FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS
- The appliance should never be left unattended when plugged into a power outlet, except when charging the appliance.
- This appliance should not be used by children or other persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working correctly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. If the supply cord or plug of the appliance is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. It cannot be repaired.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Charge, use and store the product at a temperature between 0°C and 32°C.
- Do not use outdoors or where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use this appliance with damaged or broken tracks, foils or cutters, as injury may occur.
- For use on facial hair only. Not intended for shaving the hair on your head.
- Do not plug or unplug the appliance with wet hands.
- For household use only.
- Do not place or store the appliance or charging adaptor where it can fall or be knocked into a sink or bath.
- Do not place in or drop into water or any other liquid for extended periods of time.
- If an appliance falls into water, “unplug it” immediately. Do not reach into the water.
- Unplug the charging adaptor from the electrical outlet immediately after fully charging.
- Unplug the power adaptor from the appliance before cleaning the appliance in water.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
- Do not use attachments not recommended by Remington.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening of this appliance.
- Always store the charging adaptor in a moisture-free location.
- Do not use on people who are asleep.
- Do not use an extension cord or a voltage converter with this appliance.
- Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Remington strongly recommends that an approved Safety Switch (Residual current device) be installed to protect all bathroom power outlets. Ask an electrical contractor for advice.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for purchasing your new Remington® Power Series R3 rotary shaver. Inside this manual you will find tips on using and caring for your shaver.
- On/Off Button
- Shaving Head
- Head Release Button
- Pop Up Trimmer (not shown)
- Charging Indicator Light
- Power Port (not shown)
- Head Guard
- Cleaning Brush
- Power Adaptor
|Power System||Cordless (Rechargeable)|
|Initial Charge Time||4 Hours|
|Full Charge Time||4 Hours|
|Cordless Shave Time||60 Minutes|
|Replacement Part No.||SPR-R3500AU|
Power System: Cordless – shaver can only be used without the power cord. The shaver will not run while it is charging.
Indicators: Lights display the battery charge level
- Low Charge: LED light will flash red to indicate the shaver needs to be recharged. There is less than 3 minutes of run time remaining.
- Charging: LED light will pulse green to indicate the battery is taking charge.
- Full Charge: When fully charged the LED will light up green for 5 minutes and then turn off.
Voltage Type: Worldwide Voltage – shaver automatically adapts to an outlet voltage between 100V and 240V.
Note: Some countries will require the use of a plug adaptor that is not included with your shaver.
Before using, read the important safety instructions in this manual.
- Ensure the product is switched off. Connect the shaver to the adaptor (Diagram A). A B C 6
- Connect to the mains (Diagram B) and charge for at least 4 hours when using for the first time (Diagram C). This first charge is important to the shaver’s battery life.
- When plugged, the charging indicator will light up.
- When empty, the battery should be charged for 4 hours, and will provide 60 minutes of shaving time.
- To preserve the life of the batteries, allow the shaver to fully discharge every six months, and then recharge them for 24 hours
- Do not shave in the shower with the power cord plugged into the shaver
- Make sure the shaver and your hands are dry when charging the shaver.
- Always charge the shaver in a cool, dry place.
- Press power button to turn on. (Diagram D)
- Shave face and neck using short, circular strokes. (Diagram E)
- After shaving, turn the shaver off. (Diagram D)
- The Remington® Power Series R3 is waterproof. You may use shaving foam or gel with your shaver. You may also shave in the shower.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after getting up before shaving, to ensure your face is free of puffiness that may be present from sleeping.
- Always hold the shaver at a right angle to the skin so that all three heads are touching the skin with equal pressure.
- Stretch skin with the free hand so hairs stand upright, making it easier for them to enter the cutting chamber.
- Use moderate to slow, circular stroking movement.
- The use of short, circular motions in stubborn areas may obtain a closer shave, especially along the neck and chin line.
- Do not press hard against the skin to avoid skin irritation and/or damage to the rotary heads.
- As with every shaver, your shave will improve over time. Allow up to four weeks of daily shaving to develop an effective shaving style and for your skin to adjust to the new shaver. The adaptation period might take a little longer if your skin is sensitive, if you are switching from a different method of shaving, or if you alternate between shaving methods.
- Push trimmer release button to engage trimmer. (Diagram F)
- Trim long, difficult hairs and side burns.
- Close trimmer by pressing down. (Diagram G)
Note: Lubricate teeth with oil every 6 months.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- Open the shaver head by pressing the release button on the front of the shaver (Fig. H) and flipping open the head away from the body of the shaver (Fig. I).
- Tap out excess hair shavings.
- Rinse the head of the shaver in running water.
- Close the head assembly.
- Perform cleaning steps 1 and 2.
- Hold the shaver upside down so that the open cutter assembly is facing towards you. Slide the blue cutter support frame upwards towards the shaver to release it from the assembly (Fig. J).
- Pull the cutter support frame away from the inner cutters (Fig. K).
- Thoroughly brush hairs from the inner and outer cutters. Rinse out remaining debris (Fig. L).
- Place the cutter support frame back into position and lock into place (Fig. M-N).
- Align the spring hinge into the slot at the back.
- Detach the power adaptor from the shaver before cleaning in water.
- Shaver heads are suitable for cleaning under an open water tap.
- Shaver heads can be rinsed with water. The water temperature should not exceed 70 degrees. Unplug the shaver before cleaning with water.
- Keep the adaptor and cable dry.
REPLACING THE HEAD & CUTTERS
Please refer to the specifications’ table on page 5 of this manual that lists the correct replacement part number for your shaver.
It is very important to replace your head and cutters when necessary to ensure a close, comfortable shave without irritation. We recommend they be replaced every 6 months. Here are some signs of head and cutter wear, indicating that replacement is needed:
- Irritation: As the heads get excessively worn you may experience some skin irritation. This would be especially noticeable when you apply moisturizing lotion.
- Pulling: When the cutters wear you may feel a sense of pulling and a loss of closeness when you shave. This is an indication that it is time to replace your heads and cutters.
Replacement heads & cutters may be obtained from your local retailer, or directly from Remington®. Simply fill out the enclosed accessory order form – refer to page 8 & 9, or alternatively your order can be processed over the phone via the Remington® Service Hotline.
Note: The battery is not intended to be removed or replaced under normal use. The only time the battery should be removed or the unit opened or disassembled, is at the end of the product’s useful life before it is discarded.
- The R3500AU contains a nickel metal hydride battery. Once the shaver has reached the end of its life, to ensure proper disposal of the product, please take the appliance to a recycling centre, where the internal rechargeable battery should be removed by a professional and recycled separately.
- For more information about recycling of electrical and battery operated appliances, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
Caution: Do not put in the fire or mutilate your batteries when disposing as they may burst and release toxic materials. Do not short circuit as it may cause burns.
We suggest you use local waste management centres to recycle this product at end of life.
Suitable for use in bath or shower.
This product conforms to radio frequency interference requirements.
Any product purchased and used commercially carries a limited 90 Day Warranty.