Remington S9001 Hydracare Cool Mist Straightener Instruction Manual
Register Your New Product Today!
By registering your new Remington® product, you will receive special offers.
Register online at: RemingtonProducts.com
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING. KEEP AWAY FROM WATER.
As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when switch is off. To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Do not use while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place or store this appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning it.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when it is plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities or special needs.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
Do not use attachments not recommended by manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, it it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or it it has been dropped into water. Contact consumer support at the toll-free number listed in the warranty section.
- Keep the cord away from the heated surfaces. Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop or insert any object into any of the appliance’s openings.
- Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair and the like.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- This appliance is hot when in use. Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces.
- Do not place the heated unit directly on any surface while it is hot or plugged in.
- The plug on this appliance has one blade wider than the other, it is a polarized plug. As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way.
If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Always store this appliance and cord in a moisture-free area. Do not store it in temperatures exceeding 140°F (60°C).
- This appliance is for household use only.
- Do not plug or unplug this appliance when your hands are wet.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Advanced ceramic coated plates
- Temperature display
- Hydracare™ straightener ON icon
- Hydracare™ straightener
Cool Mist outlet
- Water reservoir
- Swivel cord
- Hinge lock
+/– Temperature functions
Hydracare™ straightener on/off button
Accessories (not shown)
- Protective silicone sleeve
*Product may vary from what is shown.
- Fast heat up—ready to use in 15 seconds.
- Automatic safety shut off – this unit will switch itself off if no button is pressed or it is left on after 60 minutes.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Before use, ensure the hair is clean, dry and tangle-free.
- For extra protection use a heat protection spray.
- Hairsprays contain flammable material – do not use while using this product.
- Section the hair prior to styling. Style the lower layers first.
- Your straightener can also be used without activating the Hydracare™ straightener function.
- Before operating the Hydracare™ straightener function, the reservoir must be filled with filtered or distilled water.
- DO NOT operate Hydracare™ straightener function if the reservoir is empty.
Filling the Reservoir
- Unplug your straightener before filling the reservoir.
- Beware of the hot plates if your straightener has been in use.
- To prolong the life of the product we recommend using filtered or distilled water ONLY.
- Lift the front end of the reservoir upwards slightly (fig. A).
- Slide the reservoir forwards and lift out (fig. B).
- Gently open the plug using the tab and fill with water using the pipette provided (fig. C).
- Replace the plug securely and dry off any excess water on your hands and the outside of the reservoir.
- Replace the reservoir into the body of the straightener and press it downwards until it clicks into place.
- Plug the product into a power outlet.
- Press and hold the on/off ( ) button to switch on.
• To use the Hydracare™ straightener function see “Using the Hydracare™ straightener Function” below.
- Select the appropriate temperature for your hair type using the +/- controls on the side of the product. Start styling at on lower temperatures first.
- The ‘+’ button will increase the temperature and the ‘-’ button will decrease the temperature.
Recommended temperatures when the Hydracare™ straightener function is off:
Thin / fine, damaged or bleached hair
Normal, healthy hair
Thick, very curly or difficult-to-style hair
Caution: the hottest temperatures should only be used by experienced stylers.
- The temperature on the display will stop flashing when the product is ready to use.
- Working on one section at a time, run the straightener through the entire length of the hair without stopping.
- After use, press and hold the on/off ( ) button for two seconds to turn off then unplug the appliance.
Using the Hydracare™ straightener Function
- Before operating the Hydracare™ straightener function, the reservoir must be filled with water.
- Press and hold the Hydracare™ straightener on/off switch ( ) for 2 seconds to activate.
- The Hydracare™ straightener icon ( ) will illuminate during styling.
- The recommended optimum temperature of 340°F is automatically selected. If required this can be overridden using the +/- controls on the side of the product.
- The temperature on the digital display will stop flashing when the product is ready to use.
IMPORTANT: In use, always ensure the Hydracare™ straightener moisture mist outlet is facing downwards towards the end of the hair (fig. D). If the outlet is
facing upwards towards the roots of your hair, your hair will be left damp and the performance of the straightener will be restricted.
4. When the plates are closed onto the hair, moisture in the form of a light mist is emitted from the outlet.
5. Working on one section at a time run the straightener through the entire length of the hair without stopping.
Temperature Boost Function
- For quick touch ups of stubborn, hard to style sections.
- The temperature boost function boosts the temperature to 450°F.
- Hold the ‘+’ button for 2 seconds to operate.
Caution: The highest temperature is not suitable for every hair type. If you plan to use this straightener on the boost setting of 450°F please test on a small section of your hair first.
Temperature Lock Function
- Set the desired temperature by pressing +/- buttons and lock the temperature controls by pressing the ‘-‘ button for 2 seconds. A symbol will appear next to the temperature.
- To unlock the temperature controls, press and hold the ‘-‘ button again for 2 seconds.
Let the appliance cool down before cleaning and storing.
STORAGE, CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Wipe away any condensation/steam residue with a damp cloth.
- Don’t use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents or solvents.
- Ensure the water reservoir is emptied after every use.
- Do not wrap cord around the appliance while storing.
The plates can be locked together for easy storage:
To lock, push the hinge lock to the locked position.
To unlock, pull the hinge lock to the unlocked position
NOTE: Do not heat the unit in the locked position.
At the end of this product’s life, you can mail it to Spectrum Brands at 507 Stokely Drive, Deforest, WI 53532 marked “Product Takeback: Please Recycle!”
Limited Five-Year Warranty
Spectrum Brands, Inc. warrants this product against any defects that are due to faulty material or workmanship for a five-year period from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty does not include damage to the product resulting from accident or misuse.
If the product should become defective within the warranty period, we will replace it free of charge. Return your product and sales receipt with your name, address and day time phone number to: Remington Returns Center, 507 Stokely Dr., P.O. Box 1, Deforest, WI 53532. For more information call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or Canada.
KEEP ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES.
This warranty does not cover products damaged by the following:
- Accident, misuse, abuse or alteration of the product
- Servicing by unauthorized persons
- Use with unauthorized accessories
- Connecting it to incorrect current and voltage
- Any other conditions beyond our control
No responsibility, obligations, or liability is assumed for the installation or maintenance of this product.
SPECTRUM BRANDS, INC. SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO FIVE YEARS FROM DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages.
This warranty shall not be valid where it is contrary to U.S. and other applicable laws, or where the warranty would be prohibited under any economic sanctions, export control laws, embargos, or other restrictive trade measures enforced by the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. This includes, without limitation, any warranty claims implicating parties from, or otherwise located in, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and the disputed Crimea region.
Spectrum Brands, Inc. Money-back Offer
If within 30 days after you have purchased your Remington® branded product from an authorized source, you are not satisfied and would like a refund, return it with the sales receipt indicating purchase price and date of purchase to the retailer from whom it was purchased. Spectrum Brands, Inc. will reimburse all retailers who accept the product within 30 days from the date of purchase. If you have any questions concerning the money-back guarantee, please call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or Canada.
Remington Guarantees Satisfaction After 30 Days!
Remington 60-Day Money Back Guarantee*
If within 60 days after purchasing any Remington® product, you are not completely satisfied and would like a refund, return it with the original dated sales receipt directly to Remington and receive a full refund.** For questions concerning the money-back guarantee, please call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or Canada.
*Applies to U.S. and Canadian customers’ returns only.
**Terms and conditions apply.
- Refund will be in the form of a check issued in U.S. Dollars and will be provided only if all Terms and Conditions are met.
- The following items must be returned to Remington and postmarked no later than 60 days after purchase of the Remington® product:
a. The Remington® product;
b. The original sales receipt indicating price and date purchased; and
c. The completed 60-day money back guarantee form located at
- In addition, Remington, in its discretion, must determine that the returned product was used in accordance with the instruction booklet (included with the product at the time of purchase).
- Returns should be mailed prepaid (no collect returns accepted) to: Remington 60-Day MBG
507 Stokely Drive, Box 1
DeForest, WI 53532
- Refund does not include postage costs for the return of the product, but will include applicable taxes paid by customer, if any.
- No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged product.
- Please allow 4–6 weeks to receive your refund by check.
Questions or comments: Call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or visit RemingtonProducts.com.
Dist. by: Spectrum Brands, Inc., Middleton, WI 53562
®/TM are owned by Spectrum Brands, Inc.
© 2021 Spectrum Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. 1/21 28255
Made in China.