reolink Go 4G Network Camera with Solar Panel Outdoor Power Charging User Guide
What’s in the Box
- Reolink go x1
- Outdoor Security Mount x1
- Rechargeable Battery x1
- Skin x
- Micro USB Cable x1
- Surveillance Sign x1
- Quick Start Guide x1
- Mounting Hole Template x1
- Reset Needle Pack of Screws x1
- The camera and the rechargeable battery are packed separately in the same package.
- Please dress the camera with the skin for better weatherproof performance when you install the camera outdoors.
Install the SIM Card and Battery
- Rotate the back cover counterclockwise, insert the SIM card into the slot.
- Insert the battery into the camera and tighten the back cover.
Tips for SIM Card
Size of the micro SIM card required is as below
- The SIM card supports WCDMA and FDD LTE.
- Some SIM cards have a PIN code, please firstly use your smartphone to disable the PIN.
- Activate the card through your smartphone or your operator before insertingit into the camera.
Please make sure the SIM card can work in your smartphone.
Register Online (Camera Initial Setup)
- After the SIM card and battery are installed, a red light will be on, and you will hear the voice prompt”Camera is starting up, please wait”. The red LED will be solid on for some seconds and go off.
- A blue LED will flash for some seconds and then go solid before going out, you would hear”Network connection succeeded”, which means the camera has been successfully connected to the network.
Note: You may also run into the below situations:
|No||Voice Prompt||LED Status||Camera Status||Solution|
|1||“SIM card cannot be recognized!”||Red LED is solid on for some seconds and then start to ﬂash||Camera cannot recognize this SIM card||
|2||” The SIM card is locked with a PIN. Please disable it”||Your SIM card has a PIN||Put the SIM card into your mobile phone and disable the PIN|
|3||“Network connection failed”||Red LED is solid on for some time and then go off completely||Camera fails to be registered to the operator network||
|4||Blue LED will not go solid and just go off||Camera fails to connect to the Reolink server||Device will go into Standby mode and try to reconnect later|
Download and install the Reolink App in App Store (for iOS) and Google Play (for Android). Available on the Get it on
- Please click the “ ” button in the top right corner to add the camera.
- Scan the QR code on the side of the camera and follow the steps to complete the setup.
- After you created a password for your camera, please follow the steps to sync the time, and then start live view or go to “Device Settings”
- Add New Device
- Enable/Disable PIR Motion Sensor (In default, the PIR sensor is enabled.)
- Device Settings
- Access the Live View
- Battery Status
Attention for Camera Installation
PIR Sensor Detecting Distance
The PIR senor has 3 sensitivity levels for your adjustment: Low/Mid/High.
Higher sensitivity offers longer detecting distance. The default sensitivity of the PIR sensor is at “High”.
|Sensitivity||Value||Detecting Distance (For moving and living things)||Detecting Distance (For moving vehicles)|
|Low||0 – 50||Up to 4 meters (13ft)||Up to 10 meters (33ft)|
|Mid||51 – 80||Up to 6 meters (20ft)||Up to 12 meters (40ft)|
|High||81 – 100||Up to 10 meters (33ft)||Up to 16 meters (52ft)|
Path for adjusting distance in App: Device settings-PIR settings
Important Notes for Reducing False Alarms
To reduce false alarms, please note that:
- Do not install the camera facing any objects with bright lights, including sunshine, bright lamp lights, etc.
- Do not place the camera too close to a place where there are frequently moving vehicles. Based on our numerous tests, the recommended distance between the camera and the vehicle is 16 meters (52ft).
- Stay away from the outlets, including the air conditioner vents, humidifier outlets, the heat transfer vents of projectors, etc.
- Do not install the camera where there are strong winds.
- Do not install the camera facing the mirror.
- Keep the camera at least 1 meter away from any wireless devices, including Wi-Fi routers and phones in order to avoid wireless interference.
PIR Sensor Installation Angle
When installing the camera, please install the camera angularly (the angle between the sensor and the detected object is larger than 10°) for effective motion detection. If the moving object approaches the PIR sensor vertically, the sensor may not detect the motion events.
- The PIR sensor’s detecting distance: 23ft (in default)
- The PIR sensor’s detecting angle: 120° (H)
Camera Ideal Viewing Distance
The ideal viewing distance is 2-10 meters (7-33ft), which enables you to recognize a human.
Charge the Battery
- Charge the battery when it’s installed to the camera.
- Charge the battery separately.
- Charge the battery with the Reolink solar panel
Important Safeguards on Rechargeable Battery Use
Reolink Go is not designed for 24/7 full capacity running or around-the-clock live streaming. It’s designed to record motion events and remotely view live streaming only when you need it.
Please learn some useful ways to maximize the battery life in this post:
- Please charge the rechargeable battery with a standard and high-quality DC 5V or 9V battery charger.
- If you want to power the battery via the solar panel, please note that the battery is ONLY compatible with Reolink solar panel. You cannot charge the battery with other solar panel brands.
- Please charge the battery in temperatures between 0°C and 45°C.
- Always use the battery in temperatures between -20°C and 60°C.
- Please make sure the battery compartment is clean.
- Please keep the USB charging port dry, clean and free of any debris and make sure the battery contacts are aligned.
- Always make sure the USB charging port is clean. Please cover the USB charging port with the rubber plug after the battery has been fully charged.
- Never charge, use or store the battery near any ignition sources, such as fire or heaters.
- Always store the battery in a cool, dry and ventilated environment.
- Never store the battery with any hazardous or combustible objects.
- Do keep the battery away from children.
- Do not short-circuit the battery by connecting wires or other metal objects to the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals. Do NOT transport or store the battery with necklaces, hairpins or other metal objects.
- Do NOT disassemble, cut, puncture, short-circuit the battery, or make it dispose of in water, fire, microwave ovens and pressure vessels.
- Do NOT use the battery if it gives off an odor, generates heat, becomes discolored or deformed, or appears abnormal in any ways. If the battery is being used or charged, remove the battery from the device or the charger immediately, and stop using it.
- Always follow the local waste and recycle laws when throwing the used battery away.
How to Install Wall Mount
- Step 1
Use the allen wrench to loose the screw.
- Step 2
Screw the wall mount into the wall.
- Step 3
Screw the camera to the wall mount and adjust the camera to the proper direction.
- Step 4
Tighten the screw using the allen wrench.
- How to Extend the Battery Life of Reolink Battery Powered Cameras – Reolink Support Official Reolink® Support
- Reolink: Global Innovator in Smart Home Security and Camera Solutions