Quattro™ FX NV
NON-VENTED FULL FACE MASK
NON-VENTED FULL FACE MASK
Quattro FX NV
|1||Spring frame*||61759 (S)|
|5||Ports cap||16570 (2)|
|6||Headgear clip||61353 (2)|
|8||Spring frame support||—|
|A||Complete system||61742 (S)|
* Includes 1 & 4
Thank you for choosing the Quattro FX Non-Vented (NV) mask.
The Quattro FX NV channels airﬂ ow noninvasively to a patient with or without supplemental oxygen.
The Quattro FX NV is intended to be used with an active-exhaust-valve ventilator system, to provide ventilatory assistance to patients with respiratory insufﬁ ciency and respiratory failure.
The Quattro FX NV is:
- to be used by adult patients (> 30 kg) requiring non-life-support ventilatory assistance.
- intended for single-patient re-use in the home or multi-patient re-use in the hospital/institutional environment.
- This mask must not be used without qualiﬁ ed supervision for patients who are unable to remove the mask themselves.
- This mask is not for use on patients with impaired laryngeal reﬂ exes or other conditions predisposing to aspiration in the event of regurgitation or vomiting.
- The mask should not be worn unless the ventilator system is turned on and operating properly.
- At a ﬁ xed rate of supplemental oxygen ﬂ ow (if used), the inhaled oxygen concentration will vary depending on the pressure settings, patient breathing pattern, mask size selection, and leak rate.
- If oxygen is used with the ventilator, the oxygen ﬂ ow must be turned off when the ventilator is not operating, so that unused oxygen does not accumulate within the device enclosure and create a risk of ﬁ re.
- Discontinue using this mask if you have ANY adverse reaction to the use of the mask, and consult your physician or sleep therapist.
- Using a mask may cause tooth, gum or jaw soreness or aggravate an existing dental condition. If symptoms occur, consult your physician or dentist.
- Remove all packaging before using the mask.
- Ensure the soft sleeves are ﬁ tested at all times during use.
Using your mask
ResMed has tinted the Quattro FX NV elbow blue to identify it as a non-vented mask.
The Quattro FX NV has a standard female 22mm tapered ﬁ thing for external connection to the ventilator.
Refer to the Technical speciﬁ cations section in this user guide for information about mask leaks, dead space, and resistance.
Prior to ﬁ fitting your mask, remove the spring frame support from the rear of your mask and retain it for future use.
The Fitting illustrations section in this guide shows the sequence for obtaining the best ﬁ t and comfort in using your mask.
- With both lower headgear clips released, position your mask at an angle against your face, ensuring that the top of the cushion contacts your nasal bridge ﬁ rst.
- Keeping the upper position of the mask in place, swing the lower half of the mask down against your face so that it rests halfway between your bottom lip and chin.
- Hold the mask ﬁ firmly against your face and pull the headgear over your head.
- Bringing the lower straps below your ears, clip the headgear into the lower part of the spring frame.
- Unfasten the Velcro ®, pull the upper headgear straps evenly until they are comfortable and ﬁ rm, and reattach the Velcro
- Repeat step 5 with the lower headgear straps.
Headgear and Cushion Check
- Ensure your headgear is positioned correctly. Refer to the Headgear check illustrations in this user guide
- The Quattro FX cushion is designed to sit mid-bridge. Refer to the Cushion check illustrations for correct positioning.
Removing your mask
To remove your mask, disconnect the lower headgear clips and pull the mask and headgear up over your head.
Before disassembling your mask, detach the air tubing and unclip the lower headgear clips from the spring frame. Refer to the disassembly illustrations in this guide.
- Remove the elbow assembly from the mask.
- Gently pull the spring frame away from the frame. Remove the soft sleeves from the spring frame.
- Gently separate the cushion from the frame.
- Remove the ports cap.
Refer to the reassembly illustrations in this guide.
- Replace the ports cap.
- Fit the cushion into the channel of the frame. Fit the top section ﬁ rst, then work your way around, pushing the cushion into the frame. Ensure that the cushion is not twisted or distorted around the frame.
- Replace the soft sleeves with the spring frame and align the spring frame with the frame.
- Starting at the top, gently push and click the spring frame into the frame.
- Gently push and click each side of the lower spring frame into the frame.
- Replace the elbow with the mask assembly.
Cleaning your mask in the home
Your mask and headgear should only be hand washed by gently rubbing in warm (approximately 30°C) water using a mild soap. All components should be rinsed well with drinking quality water and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight.
Daily/After each use:
- To optimize the mask seal, facial oils should be removed from the cushion after use.
- Handwash the separated mask components (excluding headgear).
- Handwash the headgear. It may be washed without being disassembled.
- Do not use aromatic-based solutions or scented oils (eg, eucalyptus or essential oils), bleach, alcohol, or products that smell strongly (eg, citrus) to clean any of the mask components. Residual vapors from these solutions can be inhaled if not rinsed thoroughly. They may also damage the mask, causing cracks.
- If any visible deterioration of a system component is apparent (cracking, crazing, tears etc), the component should be discarded and replaced.
- Avoid connecting ﬂ flexible PVC products (eg, PVC tubing) directly to any part of the mask. Flexible PVC contains elements that can be detrimental to the materials of the mask and may cause the components to crack or break.
Reprocessing the mask between patients
This mask should be reprocessed when used between patients.
Cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization instructions are available from the ResMed website, www.resmed.com/masks/sterilization. If you do not have internet access, please contact your ResMed representative.
|Mask is uncomfortable|
|Headgear straps are too tight.||The cushion membrane is designed to inﬂ ate against the face to provide a comfortable seal with low headgear tension. Adjust straps evenly. Ensure that the headgear straps are not too tight and that the cushion is not crushed or creased.|
|Mask could be the wrong size.||Talk to your clinician to have your face size checked against ﬁ tting template. Note that sizing across different masks is not always the same. The Quattro FX cushion is designed to sit mid-bridge.|
|Headgear is touching the top of the ears.||Remove and reﬁ t your mask according to the instructions. Check that the top and bottom headgear straps are correctly positioned. Ensure that the Velcro tab is correctly aligned with headgear material and not cutting into top of the ear.|
|The cushion is riding up the face during use.||Check headgear positions against the instructions. The headgear should not be worn too far back on the head. Headgear may be the wrong size. If the problem persists, talk to your clinician.|
|The Spring frame is sitting too close to the eyes.||Your mask could be the wrong size. Talk to your clinician to have your face size checked against the ﬁ tting template.|
|Mask is too noisy|
|Ports cap or elbow incorrectly inserted.||Remove the ports cap and elbow from the mask, then reassemble according to the instructions.|
|Mask leaks around the face|
|The cushion membrane is creased or folded.||Turn off the device and remove the mask. Reﬁ t the mask according to the instructions. Ensure you position the cushion correctly on the face before pulling headgear over the head. Do not slide the mask down the face during ﬁ thing as this may lead to the folding or curling of the cushion.|
|Cushion incorrectly inserted into a frame.||Remove the cushion from the frame and reinsert starting at the top. Line upraised section on a cushion with a recess on top of the frame. Ensure the alignment markers at the bottom corners of the cushion line up with the indent features on the frame. Ensure cushion membrane looks even before reﬁ thing. If the problem persists, talk to your clinician.|
|Mask could be the wrong size.||Talk to your clinician to have your face size checked against the ﬁ tting template. Note that sizing across different masks is not always the same. The Quattro FX cushion is designed to sit mid bridge.|
|Spring frame incorrectly ﬁ tted to frame.||Remove the spring frame from the frame, then reassemble it according to the instructions.|
Technical speciﬁ cations
|Dead space information||Physical dead space is the empty volume of the mask to the end of the swivel. Using the large cushions it is 243 mL.|
|Therapy pressure||4 to 30 cm HO|
|Environmental conditions||Operating temperature: +5°C to +40°C
Operating humidity: 15% to 95% non-condensing.
Storage and transport: -20°C to +60°C
Storage and transport humidity: up to 95% non-condensing.
|Mask fully assembled with elbow assembly – no headgear.
121mm (H) x 176 mm (W) x 144 mm (D)
130 mm (H) x 176 mm (W) x 144 mm (D)
140 mm (H) x 176 mm (W) x 144 mm (D)
- The mask system does not contain latex, PVC or DEHP materials.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to change these speciﬁ cations without notice.
Ensure that the mask is thoroughly clean and dry before storing it for any length of time. Store the mask in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
To maintain optimum care of your mask, ensure the spring frame support is ﬁ tted when traveling.
This mask does not contain any hazardous substances and may be disposed of with your normal household refuse.
Caution, consult accompanying documents; LOT Lot number; REF Part number; European Authorised Representative; Temperature limitation; Humidity limitation; Does not contain latex; Manufacturer; Indicates a Warning or Caution and alerts you to a possible injury or explains special measures for the safe and effective use of the device; Keep away from rain; This way up; Fragile, handle with care.
ResMed acknowledges all consumer rights granted under the EU Directive 1999/44/EG and the respective national laws within the EU for products sold within the European Union.
ResMed Pty Ltd 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive Bella Vista NSW 2153 Australia
See www.resmed.com for other ResMed locations worldwide.
For patent information, see www.resmed.com/ip Quattro is a trademark of ResMed.
Velcro is a trademark of Velcro Industries B.V.
© 2018 ResMed.
QUATTRO FX NV
Global leaders in sleep and respiratory medicine