RossMax Digital Thermometer
The Digital Medical Thermometer provides quick, highly accurate reading over the human body temperature range. Please read the instructions completely first.
The quality of the thermometer has been verified and conforms to the provisions of the EC council directive 93/42/EEC(Medical Device Directive) Annex I essential requirements and applied harmonized standards. EN 12470-3: 2000 /A1: 2009 Clinical thermometers-Part 3: Performance of compact electrical thermometers (non-predictive and predictive) with maximum device.
Attention: Consult the accompanying documents. Please read this manual carefully before use. Please be sure to keep this manual.
How to Use
1.Push the On/Off button by the display window. The display will
for 2 seconds and beep sound will be heard.
2. Releasing the on/off button, last measured temperature will be shown for about 2 seconds. Then shows the self-test temperature 37.0°C(98.6°F),and then Lo°C (Lo°F) displays.
3. Wipe or dip the probe with alcohol for disinfection. Position the probe in oral, rectal or axillary site.
4. Once the degree sign °C ( °F) on the display has stopped flashing (usually within 30 to 60 seconds), an Beep signal will sound for approx. 10 times, the measured temperature is shown on LCD window. The temperature reading will not change after the unit is removed from testing position. If the temperature <37.8°C(100.0°F ), the buzzer will alarm “Bi—Bi—Bi—Bi—”. If the temperature ≥ 37.8°C (100.0°F), the buzzer whose frequency is higher will alarm “Bi-Bi-Bi—-Bi-Bi-Bi–” about 10 times rather than”Bi—Bi—Bi—Bi—”
5. The unit will automatically turn off in 10 minutes for energy saving. However, to prolong the life of the battery, it is suggested to press the On/Off button to turn the unit off once the measurement is done.
6. Please dispose of any used battery and the thermometer according to the local regulations.
Note: After step 2, if the room temperature is greater than 32.0°C (89.6°F ). it will be displayed the room temperature. Note: Usage of the probe cover may result in a 0.1°C(0.2°F) difference from actual temperature.
Note: To clean the probe before and after using the thermometer to ensure an accurate reading and avoid cross contamination approximately.
Place the probe well under the patient’s tongue. Confirm the patient to keep his mouth closing for about 1 minute.
Do not drink hot or cold fluids, exercise, and smoke or perform other activities prior to a reading. These activities will raise or lower temperature readings when compared to your normal, average temperature.
Tightly place probe in the patient’s armpit for about 1~5 minutes. *Please ensure the close contact between the probe and the armpit of the baby or children.
Always uses probe cover when taking rectal measurements.
- Commonly used for young children when it is difficult to take an oral or axillary temperature.
- Lubricate with a water-soluble gel. Do not use petroleum jelly.
- Gently insert the probe tip no more than 1.5-2 cm into the rectum
for about 1 minute. Do not force the tip into the rectum if resistance is encountered.
- Disinfect the thermometer after use. Refer to “cleaning and disinfection“section.
ºC /ºF Switchable
Temperature readings are available in the Fahrenheit or Celsius scale (°C / °F; located in the right of LCD.) With the unit off, press and hold the On/Off Button for approximately 4 seconds to change the current setting.
- When the BATTERY SIGN appears on the upper right corner of the LCD, the battery is exhausted and needs replacement.
- Pull the battery cover off in the direction shown below.
- Pull out the battery with a sharp objects such as pen. Keep exhausted battery from reaching by the children.
- Place a new 1.5V D.C. button size battery type SR41 or LR41 or equivalent in the chamber with positive side faced up and negative side faced down.
- Install the battery cover back.
Display on the LCD
M: Last measured temperature
When the BATTERY SIGN appears on the upper right corner of the LCD, the battery is exhausted and needs replacement.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Clean the unit by wiping it with a dry cloth and sterilize the probe with ethyl alcohol.
- Don’t let the unit contact any chemical thinner.
- Not waterproof. Do not soak the display in water. Only the probe is waterproof.
- Do not bend or drop the thermometer. It is not shockproof.
- Do not boil probe for disinfect.
- Do not store the unit under direct sunlight, at a high temperature, in high humidity or dust. Neither store the unit under the sunlight, nor at the high temperature or humidity.
- Do not disassemble. See BATTERY REPLACEMENT to replace battery.
- Avoid strong electromagnetic interference such as microwave ovens and cell phones.
- Please be noticed to keep the probe dry before putting the thermometer into the carry case.
- The thermometer contains small parts (battery, etc.) that can be swallowed by children. Therefore never leave the thermometer unattended to children.
- The thermometer should be cleaned after measurement no matter the probe cover has been installed or not.
- Battery should not be charged or placed into extreme heat as it may explode.
- Do not use the thermometer in ear. Intended use is for oral, axillary and rectal measurement.
- Use of the probe cover may result in a 0.1ºC(0.2ºF) discrepancy from actual temperature.
- Remove battery from the thermometer when not in operation for a long time.
- If the unit is stored in an extreme environment before measurement, please make sure it has been firstly adapted in the room temperature, so that the unit can be measured normally.
- Please note that this is a home healthcare product only, and it is not intended to serve as a substitute for the advice of a physician or medical professional.
- Do not use this device for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem on disease. Measurement results are for reference only. Contact your physician if you have or suspect any medical problems. Do not change your medications without the advice of your physician or healthcare professional.
- This device may not meet its performance specification if stored or used outside temperature and humidity ranges specified in specifications.
- If this device is used according to the operations instruction, periodic re-calibration is not required. If you still have questions, please send the device to dealers.
- Please do not dispose of the product in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Disposal can take place at your local retailer or at appropriate collection points provided in your country.
- This device is for oral, axillary and rectal use only.
- High, prolonged fever requires medical attention especially for young children. Please contact your physician.
- For save reason, during children’s temperature measurement, please keep them from crying, walking, talking and any related dangerous activities.
EMC guidance and manufacturer’s declaration
This instrument is covered by a 5 year guarantee from the date of purchase, batteries and accessories are not included. The guarantee is valid only on presentation of the guarantee card completed by the dealer confirming date of purchase or the receipt. Opening or altering the instrument invalidates the guarantee. The guarantee does not cover damage, accidents or non-compliance with the instruction manual. Please contact rossmax service.
Date of purchase:
Store where purchased:
Price Paid (excl. Tax):
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!