Russell Hobbs Hand Blender Instructions
- low (I)
- high (II)
Read the instructions, keep them safe, pass them on if you pass the appliance on. Remove all packaging before use.
Follow basic safety precautions, including:
This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been supervised/ instructed and understand the hazards involved.
Children must not use or play with the appliance.
Keep the appliance and cable out of reach of children.
Misuse of the appliance may cause injury.
Unplug the appliance before assembly, disassembly, or cleaning.
Don’t leave the appliance unattended while plugged in.
Never process hot or boiling liquids.
If the cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent, or someone similarly qualified, to avoid hazard.
- Don’t put the handle in liquid.
- Don’t use the wand in hot oil – even moderately hot oil can cause a nasty burn.
- Don’t try to chip ice, don’t try to chop raw meat, and take great care with the blades.
- Don’t use the appliance for any purpose other than those described in these instructions.
- Don’t operate the appliance if it’s damaged or malfunctions.
- Don’t run the motor for more than 1 minute, or it may overheat. After 1 minute, switch off for at least 2 minutes, to let the motor cool.
- If blending hot liquids in a pan, always remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool down a little before blending.
- Never leave the blender resting in the pan because the bottom of the pan could still be very hot and damage the blender.
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
- Unplug the appliance.
- To fit the wand, push it on to the end of the handle, and turn it anti -clockwise.
- To remove the wand, turn it clockwise, then pull the wand off the handle.
- Put the plug into the power socket.
- Press the top button for low speed, release it to switch off.
- Press the bottom button for high speed, release it to switch off.
- Generally, large quantities, thick mixes, and a high ratio of solids to liquids suggest longer timings and slower speeds.
- Smaller quantities, thinner mixes, and more liquids than solids suggest shorter timings and higher speeds
- Generally, the wand can do anything a normal blender can do, but faster, and with less washing up
- make mayonnaise, milkshakes, smoothies, or fruit drinks in the beaker. You can blend, pulp or purée instructions ingredients in the pan or bowl you’re going to cook them in.
- Whatever container you use, make sure it’s on a stable, flat surface, and support it with your free hand, to prevent it wandering over the work surface.
- Don’t immerse the wand past its junction with the handle.
- When using it in hot liquids, don’t let the blade break the surface at an angle, as you might spray liquid outside the bowl/pan/container.
- Don’t switch on till the blade is inside the food container.
- Switch off before lifting the blade from the food container.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Switch the appliance off, and unplug it.
- Take great care with the blades – don’t handle them directly, use a nylon washing-up brush.
- Wipe the handle surfaces with a soft damp cloth.
- Clean the blade end of the wand in hot soapy water, with a nylon brush.
- Don’t put any part of the appliance in a dishwasher.
To avoid environmental and health problems due to hazardous substances in electrical and electronic goods, appliances marked with this symbol mustn’t be disposed of with unsorted municipal waste, but recovered, reused, or recycled.