RHPH7001 220-240V Plug In Heater
Plug In Heater
Model Number: RHPH7001
220-240V AC 50Hz 700W
This product is only suitable for well insulated spaces or occasional use For Customer Services please call 0345 209 7461 Or visit us at mda.russellhobbs.com
PLEASE RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be observed, including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Check that the your mains voltage corresponds with the rating
on the appliance. This appliance must be positioned upright on the floor away from curtains, furniture or wall coverings and other flammable items.
- The appliance must not be left unattended while it is connected to the mains supply. ·
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use the handle or the controls.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plug, or appliance in water or other liquid. Do not operate with wet hands.
- Do not let the cord hangover the edge of a worktop, table etc. or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner.
- The supply cord cannot be replaced. If the cord is damaged the appliance should be scrapped.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- This appliance must not be immersed
- To disconnect remove the plug from the mains outlet. Do not pull the plug out by the cord.
- Never remove parts from the appliance, such as the feet, screws and so on.
- Never use the appliance near a bath, shower or a swimming pool.
- Never place flammable objects or clothing on top of the appliance.
- Allow a 100cm safe area around the appliance on the top and sides and a 150cm safe area at the front
- Never use the appliance in a room with explosive gas such as petrol, or while using any kinds of flammable glues, sprays or solvents.
- Prevent overheating of the appliance by keeping the air inlets and outlets clean and free of anything that may cause blockage. Check all inlets and outlets from time to time for accumulated dust. DO NOT COVER.
- Do not place any part of your body near the air inlet, outlet or on the fins ,to avoid personal injury, electric shock or fire.
- If overheating should occur, the built-in overheating safety device will shut the appliance off.
- Caution: Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns. Particular attention must be given when children or vulnerable people are present.
- Do not insert any foreign objects into the grill.
- Keep all grills clear of any draped fabric or curtains. The appliance must not be located immediately below a mains socket. Do not use the appliance with a programmer, timer or any other device that switches the appliance on automatically. A fire risk exists if the appliance is covered or positioned incorrectly.
- Do not operate this appliance for any thing other than its intended use.
- This appliance is not intended for commercial use
- This product is intended for household use only. Do not use outdoors.
- This product is only intended for heating.
- Warning: It is hazardous for anyone other than a competent person to carry out any service or repair operation which involves the removal of a cover which gives protection against exposure to electrical parts.
- Warning: Children should not use this appliance. Close supervision is necessary when any appliances are used near children.
- Warning: This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to make sure that they do not play with or use the appliance.
- Warning: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater
THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE PLUGGED INTO AN EARTHED SOCKET
- Before switching on, make sure that the voltage of your electricity supply is the same as that indicated on the rating plate. This product is designed to operate on 220 240V AC; 50Hz. Connection to any other power source may damage the unit.
- This product may be fitted with a non re-wireable plug. If it is necessary to change the fuse in the plug, the fuse cover must be refitted. If the fuse cover becomes lost or damaged, the plug must not be used until a suitable replacement is obtained.
- If the plug has to be changed because it is not suitable for your socket, or becomes damaged in any way, it should be cut off and an appropriate plug fitted. This should be carried out by a qualified electrician. The plug removed must be disposed of safely, as insertion into a 13 Amp socket is likely to cause an electrical hazard.
- The heater can be positioned in the upright position (Control panel is at the top):
- WARNING: There must be at least 30cm clearance from the base of the heater to the ground.
- WARNING: There must be at least 50cm clearance between the sides of the heater and any object, including walls.
- This heater will heat up to 10m2 room
- Control panel & display
- Air outlet
- ON/OFF switch
For Customer Services please call 0345 209 7461 Or visit us at mda.russellhobbs.com
Mode O Mode selection (Low/High/Timer/Off)
Temp + Increase the temperature setting
Temp – Decrease the temperature setting
Heats up to 10 square metre (100square foot) room
- Plug the heater into a suitable power outlet, ensuring all the positioning instructions are followed.
Note: The heater must be positioned upright (Control panel is at the top). The distance between the heater bottom and the ground should be more than 30cm, the distance between the side of the heater and the wall or any other object should be more than 50cm.
USING YOUR PLUG HEATER
- Press the `ON/OFF’ button on side of the unit to “On” position. The heater will turn on.
- Press the `Temp. +’ button to increase the temperature setting or press the `Temp. ’ button to decrease the temperature
- To adjust the speed of the fan to high or low press the `MODE’ button. The display will show LL for low mode and HH for high mode
- When finished, press the `MODE’ to the `OFF’ setting. The heater will turn off immediately. However the fan may continue to operate for approximately 1 minute to allow for the interior components to cool. The fan will then turn off automatically. Turn the power switch at the side of the heater to the `OFF’ position and unplug heater from power outlet. 6. To set the timer function (0 12 hours) press and hold the `MODE’ button. The unit will be in the timer function and the display will show 0. Press the timer button until you have set the timer to the number of hours you want the heater to run for before it will power itself off. The hour options for the timer are from 0 to 12 hrs. (in 1 hr increment).
- The product will run continuously unless the timer has been set or you turn off the power.
- When powering off the heater, the heater will stop the heating process immediately. However the fan will continue to operate for approximately 1 minute to allow for the interior components to cool. The fan will then turn off automatically.
USING YOUR PLUG HEATER
Safety Protective Devices
The appliance is fitted with an over heat protection system
Overheat protection – the power to the heating elements will automatically cut off if the temperature of the heating elements exceeds a certain limit. In the event of overheating, the heater will stop operating. Switch the appliance off and allow it to completely cool.
Note: Overheating can be caused by obstruction to the air intakes on the back of the machine or the grill on the front. If this occurs please disconnect the machine and allow it to cool for 30 minutes. Remove any obstruction and turn the machine back on.
CLEANING AND CARE
WARNING: Electrical Shock Hazard.
Before you clean the appliance, disconnect the mains plug from the wall socket.
- Allow the appliance to cool down completely before cleaning.
- Do not immerse cord, plug or appliance in any liquid or allow moisture to come into contact with electrical parts.
- Clean the outer surface using a moist cloth and wipe over with a dry, soft cloth.
- Do not use harsh detergents, abrasives or spray on cleaners.
- Don’t allow water to seep into the openings or come into contact with electrical connections.
- Allow sufficient drying time before operating again.
- Clean the air inlets and outlets regularly with a vacuum cleaner using the brush attachment (with a regular use, at least twice a year).
- When the appliance is not in use. We recommend that, the heater is re-packed in its original packaging and stored in a cool, dry place.
My appliance does not work when I turn it on:
- Check that your appliance is plugged in and the power is turned on at the mains socket.
- Try another mains socket.
- Check the appliance is in an upright position.
- Check that the thermostat setting has not been set too low.
- The air inlets are not obstructed
- If the appliance still doesn’t work, do not try to repair it yourself.
If your appliance power is automatically cut off, follow the step below:
- Unplug your appliance from the mains socket and allow it to completely cool down.
- Inspect your appliance. Clean the air inlet and air outlet with a vacuum cleaner if necessary. If there are any signs of physical damage (e.g. melting, or burning of the case), do not attempt to use the appliance. Please leave all maintenance work to qualified personnel.
- Plug in the appliance and switch it on again. If it cuts off again, move the appliance to a better ventilated location.
GUARANTEE AND CUSTOMER SERVICES
At Russell Hobbs, we take all our customer feedback seriously.
Feel free to contact our Customer Service Team, on 0345 209 7461, who will be more than happy to assist you.
This product is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of the original purchase. If any defect arises due to faulty materials or workmanship, the faulty product must be returned to the place of purchase. Refund or replacement is at the discretion of the retailer.
The following conditions apply:
- The product must be returned to the retailer with the original proof of purchase.
- The product must be installed and used in accordance with the instructions contained in this instruction guide and any other instructions for use which are supplied.
- It must be used for domestic purposes only and for its intended use.
- This warranty does not cover wear and tear, damage, misuse or consumable parts.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
For Customer Services please call 0345 209 7461 Or visit us at mda.russellhobbs.com
CONNECTION TO THE MAINS SUPPLY
This appliance is designed to operate from a mains supply of 220-240V~50Hz.
Check that the voltage marked on the product corresponds with your supply voltage.
How to change the fuse
1. Slot the end of a screwdriver into the recess in the fuse holder of the plug. 2. Pull the fuse holder upwards until free of the plug and slide the fuse out. 3. Replace the fuse and replace fuse holder, pushing down until locked into place.
Important: Only ever use a 5 amp fuse.
Rated voltage……………………….220V – 240V ~ 50Hz
Product dimensions (CMS)…………………..(H)13.6 x (W)12.5 x (D)11.2
|Heat output||Type of heat input, for electric sto age local space heaters only|
|Nominal heatoutput||P nom||0.7||kW||manual heat charge control, with integrated thermostat||NA|
|Minimum heatoutput !indicative)||P min||0||kW||manual heat charge control with room and/or outdoor temperature feedback||NA|
|Maximum continuous heat output||P max,c||0.7||kW||electronic heat charge control with room and/or outdoor temperature feedback||NA|
|fan assisted heat output||NA|
|Auxiliary electricity consumption||Type of heat output/room temperature control|
|At nominal heat output||`’max||0||kW||single stage heat output and no room temperature control||No|
|At minimum heatoutput||elmin||0||kW||Two or more manual stages, no room temperature control||No|
|In standby mode||t’SB||0.00038||kW||with mechanic thermostat room temperature control||Yes|
|with electronic room temperature control||No|
|electronic room temperature control plus day timer||Yes|
|electronic room temperature control plus week timer||No|
|Other control options (multiple selections possible)|
|room temperature control, with presence detection||No|
|room temperature control, with open windowdetection||No|
|with distance control option||No|
|with adaptive start control||No|
|with working time limitation||Yes|
|with black bulb sensor||No|
|Contact details||G25 LIMITED / G25 (NI) LTD|
|WIGAN, WN2 4AY / BELFAST, BTS SAD|
Russell Hobbs is a registered trademark used under license from Spectrum Brands (UK) Ltd. Made under license by G2S Limited, Wigan, WN2 4AY/G2S
(NI) Ltd, Belfast, BT5 5AD.
Russell Hobbs Support: call 0345 209 7461 or visit: mda.russellhobbs.com
The `wheelie bin’ symbol is known as the ‘Crossed-out wheelie bin Symbol’. When this symbol is marked on a product/batteries, it means that the product/batteries should not be disposed of with your general household waste. Only discard electrical/electronic/battery items in separate collection schemes, which cater for the recovery and recycling of materials contained
within. Your co-operation is vital to ensure the success of these schemes and for the protection of the environment. For your nearest disposal facility, visit www.recycle-more.co.uk or ask in store for details.
SEDEX Connecting businesses and their global suppliers to share ethical data and enabling improvement in ethical performance. Visit www.sedex.org.uk for further information.
We reserve the right, due to possible changes to design, to alter the instruction manual without prior notice.