SALTER Electronic Kitchen Scales Instruction Manual
BEFORE FIRST USE
Remove battery isolator tab (if present). Insert batteries ensuring +/- terminals are correct way round.
TO SWITCH ON: Place bowl on scale (if using a bowl). Press q/ZERO. Wait until
display shows 0.
TO CONVERT WEIGHT UNITS: Press UNIT to change between g, oz, ml and fl.oz. The ml and fl.oz measures (where included) are suitable for all water based liquids, eg. wine, stock, milk.
TO ‘ADD & WEIGH’ several different ingredients in one bowl: Press q/ZERO between each ingredient.
TO SWITCH OFF MANUALLY: Press q/ZERO for 2-3 seconds. Auto switch off will occur if display shows 0 for 1 minute or the same weight reading for 3 minutes.
Low power: Replace batteries
Weight overload: Remove some weight
Negative load: Press q/ZERO to return to 0
CLEANING AND CARE
Clean the scale with a damp cloth only. Do not immerse in water or use chemical/abrasive cleaners.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.
This symbol indicates that batteries must not be disposed of in the domestic waste as they contain substances which can be damaging to the environment and health. Please dispose of batteries in designated collection points.
15 YEAR GUARANTEE (UK & Ireland) FKA Brands Ltd guarantees this product from defect in material and workmanship for a period of 15 years from the date of purchase, except as noted below. This FKA Brands Ltd product guarantee does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorised accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of FKA Brands Ltd. This guarantee is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the UK / EU. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and / or authorised, or repair of product damaged by these modifications is not covered under this guarantee. FKA Brands Ltd shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential or special damages. To obtain guarantee service on your product, return the product post-paid to your local service centre along with your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase). Upon receipt, FKA Brands Ltd will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and returnit to you, post-paid. Guarantee is solely through Salter Service Centre. Service of this product by anyone other than the Salter Service Centre voids the guarantee. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. For your local Salter Service Centre, go to www.salterhousewares.co.uk/servicecentres
15 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (Australia & New Zealand)
We or us means HoMedics Australia Pty Ltd ACN 31 103 985 717 and our contact details are set out at the end of this warranty;
You means the purchaser or the original end-user of the Goods. You may be a
domestic user or a professional user;
Supplier means the authorised distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in Australia and New Zealand; and
Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia and New Zealand.
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This is not a complete statement of your legal rights as a consumer.
For New Zealand:
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. This guarantee applies in addition to the conditions and guarantees implied by that legislation.
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship under normal use and service. In the unlikely event that your HoMedics product proves to be faulty within 15 years from the date of purchase due to workmanship or materials only, we will replace it at our own expense, subject to the terms and conditions of this guarantee. The warranty period is limited to 3 months from the date of purchase for products used commercially/ professionally.
Terms and Conditions
In addition to the rights and remedies that you have under the Australian Consumer Law, Consumer Guarantees Act of New Zealand or any other applicable law and without excluding such rights and remedies warranty against defects:
- The Goods are designed to withstand the rigors of normal household use and are manufactured to the highest standards using the highest quality components. Whilst unlikely, if, during the first 15 Years (3 months commercial use) from their date of purchase from the Supplier (Warranty Period), the Goods prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials and none of your statutory rights or remedies apply, we will replace the Goods, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
- We do not have to replace the Goods under this Additional Warranty if th Goods have been damaged due to misuse or abuse, accident, the attachment of any unauthorized accessory, alteration to the product, improper installation, unauthorised repairs or modifications, improper use of electrical/power supply, loss of power, malfunction of damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, transportation damage, theft, neglect, vandalism, environmental conditions or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
- This Warranty does not extend to the purchase of used, repaired or second-hand products or to products not imported or supplied by HoMedics Australia Pty Ltd, including but not limited to those sold on offshore internet auction sites.
- This Warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Suppliers.
- Even when we do not have to replace the Goods, we may decide to do so anyway. In some cases, we may decide to substitute the Goods with a similar alternative product of our choosing. All such decisions are at our absolute discretion.
- All such replaced or substituted Goods continue to receive the benefit of this Additional Warranty for the time remaining on the original Warranty Period (or three months, whichever is the longest).
- This Additional Warranty does not cover items damaged by normal wear and tear including but not limited to chips, scratches, abrasions, discolouration and other minor defects, where the damage has negligible effect on the operation or
performance of the Goods.
- This Additional Warranty is limited to replacement or substitution only. As far as the law permits, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to property or persons arising from any cause whatsoever and shall have no liability or any incidental, consequential or special damages.
- This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia and New Zealand.
Making a Claim
In order to claim under this Warranty you must return the Goods to the Supplier (place of purchase) for replacement. If this is not possible, please contact our customer service department at the address below.
- All returned Goods must be accompanied by satisfactory proof of purchase which clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase and identifies product. It is best to provide an original, legible and unmodified receipt of sales invoice.
- You must bear any expense for return of the Goods or otherwise associated with making your claim under this Additional Warranty.
- This Additional Warranty does not cover items damaged by normal wear and tear including but not limited to chips, scratches, abrasions, discolouration and other minor defects, where the damage has negligible effect on the operation or performance of the Goods.
HoMedics Australia Pty Ltd, 14 Kingsley Close, Rowville, VIC 3178 | (03) 8756 6500 Phoenix Distribution NZ Ltd, Unit 1/9 Orbit Drive, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand | 0632 (09) 475 0007.