Searching for Contacts
Search contacts stored on the device, SIM card, or linked to an online account.
1. Open Contacts.
For more complete search results, ensure that Contacts is configured to display all of your contacts. On the contacts screen, touch > Display preferences and select All contacts.
2. On the contact list, you can:
– Swipe the contact list up or down.
– Slide your finger up or down the index on the right-hand side of the screen to scroll through your contacts.
– Enter the contact name, initials, phone number, email address, or other information in the search bar at the top of the contact list. Search results will be displayed underneath.
You can enter multiple keywords, such as “Tom New York”. The system will find the contacts that meet the search criteria.
3. Select a contact. You can call them, send a text message, or edit their contact information.
If an error message is displayed or you are unable to search for a contact, touch > Organize contacts and select Rebuild index data.
Searching for a contact from the home screen
1. Swipe down on the home screen to display the search bar.
2.’ Enter one or more keywords (such as the contact’s name or email address). The search results will be displayed beneath the search bar.’
You can enter multiple keywords, such as “Tom New York”. The system will find contacts that meet the search criteria.
3. Select a contact. You can then choose to call them, send them a text message, or edit their contact information.
Questions about your Huawei Mate 10? Post in the comments!
Huawei Mate 10 Manual [PDF]