Magnetic Door Holders
- For use with door closers to control the release and closing of residential, commercial, and public area doors
- Adjustable armature plate reduces installation time and adjusts to door alignment changes
- Surface-mount or flush-mount models are available
- Fail-safe operation
- Low profile design
- Holding force – 33-lb (15kg)
- 3 voltages: 12/24 VAC/VDC, and 120VAC
- Cast aluminum faceplate
- No residual magnetism for easy release
- Built-in voltage spike suppressor
- Optional extension bars available: 3 /4″, 1″, 4″, 7″
- Use with SECO-LARM door closers SD-C121-S, SD-131-SQ, SD-C101-SGQ, SD-C101-SBAQ, or SD-C101-SBBQ
SECO-LARM Magnetic Door Holders
The SECO-LARM Magnetic Door Holders are designed for virtually any remote door release application. The UL Listed SECO-LARM Magnetic Door Holders, used in conjunction with UL Listed SECO-LARM door closers, control the release and closing of residential, commercial, and public area doors including apartments, schools, hotels, hospitals, and offices. The fail-safe operation, tri-volt coils, and adjustable armature plate allows for easy and flexible installation. SECO-LARM Magnetic Door Holders also come in surface-mount or flush-mount models with full mounting hardware included.
|Operating voltage||12 VAC/VDC, 24 VAC/VDC, 120VAC|
|Current draw||[email protected], [email protected]|
|[email protected], [email protected]|
|Holding force||33-lb (15kg)|
|Magnet box||23/4″49/16″x3″ (70×116.5×76 mm)||23/4″x49/16″x21/16″ (70×116.5×52 mm)|
|Door armature||29/16″x29/16″x 19/16″ (65x65x40 mm)|
|Weight||Magnet box||1-lb 6.6-oz (641g)||1-lb 1.6-oz (498g)|
|1x Door holder
2x Jumpers (1x pre-installed)
4x M4x8 Machine screws
1x 1″ Extension bar
|1x Armature plate
2x M5x15 Machine screws
2x M3x10 Machine screws
1x Extension bar wrench
1 /4″ Wood screws
1x Back box*
Available Accessories: Extension Bars
|3 /4″ (19mm)
- Determine the mounting location of both the Magnetic Door Holder and the Armature Plate. Run the power wires to that location in compliance with any local codes.
- Select the voltage (two jumpers for 12VAC/VDC, or a single jumper for 24VAC/VDC or 120VAC) for the Door Holder (See “Voltage Settings:” below) and adjust the jumpers.
- For the DH-151SQ (Surface-Mount Magnetic Door Holder):
a. Mount the backbox to the location where your wires are run and connect the wires according to the wiring diagram on pg. 2.*
b. Finish screwing down the unit to the backbox and test the unit.
- For the DH-171SQ (Flush-Mount Magnetic Door Holder):
a. Connect the wires according to the wiring diagram on pg. 2.*
b. Finish screwing down the unit to the single-gang box and test the unit.
- Mount the Armature Plate to the door and make sure it lines up with the door holder (extensions available if needed, see pg. 2).
- Double-check all connections and mountings to make sure the installation is complete.
*IMPORTANT: The wiring connections must match the voltage jumper settings and the supplied voltage.
Set the voltage using the jumpers as in the diagram.
NOTE: Factory default is 120VAC. To avoid personal injury or damage to the product, ensure that the jumper setting matches the wiring connections (See “Wiring Diagram:” on pg. 2) and the supplied voltage. Improper settings/wiring will void the warranty and SECO- LARM will not be responsible for any resulting injury.
California Proposition 65 Warning: These products may contain chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer and
birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
This SECO-LARM product is warranted against defects in material and workmanship while used in normal service for two (2) years from the date of sale to the original customer. SECO-LARM’s obligation is limited to the repair or replacement of any defective part if the unit is returned, transportation prepaid, to SECO-LARM. This Warranty is void if the damage is caused by or attributed to acts of God, physical or electrical misuse or abuse, neglect, repair or alteration, improper or abnormal usage, or faulty installation, or if for any other reason ECO-LARM determines that such equipment is not operating properly as a result of causes other than defects in material and workmanship. The sole obligation of SECO – LARM and the purchaser’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the replacement or repair only, at SECO-LARM’s option. In no event shall SECO-LARM be liable for any special, collateral, incidental, or consequential personal or property damage of any kind to the purchaser or anyone else.
NOTICE: The SECO-LARM policy is one of continual development and improvement. For that reason, SECO-LARM reserves the right to change specifications without notice. SECO-LARM is also not responsible for misprints. All trademarks are the property of SECO- LARM U.S.A., Inc. or their respective owners. Copyright © 2021 SECO-LARM U.S.A., Inc. All rights reserved.
SECO-LARM U.S.A., Inc.