SECURECOM Video Wireless Access Point
The SecureCom Video Wireless Access Point (WAP) is a secure wireless access point that automatically connects to SecureCom Video cameras and DMP Wi-Fi enabled panels.
The WAP allows DMP Wi-Fi enabled panels to communicate through Wi-Fi connection to the Central Station and SecureCom Wireless.
When connected, the WAP and cameras allow app users to view live or recorded video feeds from their smartphones.
- All SecureCom Video Cameras
- DMP Wi-Fi enabled panels
What is Included?
- V-IP1006RR 450 Mbps Wireless Access Point
- 3 Detachable Antennas
- Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
- PoE Power Injector
POWER THE WIRELESS ACCESS POINT
- Connect the Wireless Access Point (WAP) to a router or a switch using an Ethernet cable.
- Power the WAP by using one of the following options:
a. Power Adapter Plug the provided power adapter into the power jack on the back of the WAP, then connect it to a standard wall outlet. See Figure 2.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Connect the WAP to the PoE port on the power injector using an Ethernet cable. Connect the LAN on the power injector to the router or switch using an additional Ethernet cable. Connect the provided power adapter from the DC jack on the power injector to a standard wall outlet. See Figure 3.
- Press the ON/OFF button on the WAP. If you are connecting it to an XT30/XT50 Series or an XTLplus Series panel, the WAP and the panel will automatically connect.
Note: For larger installations, multiple WAPs can be installed. Each additional WAP requires a wired connection to the customer’s router or switch.
CONNECT A CAMERA
For best results, ensure the WAP and camera are no more than 20 feet apart during pairing.
On power up, SecureCom cameras search for the WAP and pair to it automatically.
WARNING: Do not press and hold the WPS button on the back of the WAP for 30 seconds or more.
This resets the unit to default firmware, which causes paired devices to lose connection and prevents SecureCom devices from pairing automatically. To have firmware reloaded, the unit must be returned to DMP.
- To enable pairing, press the WPS button on the back of the WAP for 1.5 seconds, then release it. The lock indicator on the WAP starts flashing once per second.
- Press the WPS button on the camera. When the camera is connected to the WAP, the lock indicator stops flashing.
- Repeat the previous steps to manually pair another device.
ACTIVATE THE CAMERA
- Log in to Dealer Admin at dealer.securecomwireless.com.
- Go to Customers.
- Select the system’s name.
- Press Add Camera and enter the 12-digit MAC Address located on the back of the camera. Press Next.
- Enter a name for the camera, then configure time settings as needed.
- If the camera image needs to be inverted due to mounting position, toggle Flip Image.
- To allow this camera to record motion triggered video clips, select Clips.
a. If you only want this camera to offer a live camera view through the Virtual Keypad app, choose Never Record Motion.
b. If you want this camera to record video clips any time it detects motion, choose Always Record on Motion.
c. If you want the camera to record motion triggered clips only when the system is armed, choose
Record Motion When Armed.
- To record video clips continuously during the first minute after the system triggers an alarm, select Record on Alarm.
- Press Save
The device status is displayed next to the camera name. Refresh the page to display the latest status.
To view the camera’s live feed for the first 60 minutes after it is activated, go to System Information > Video Devices and select the camera. This enables you to troubleshoot issues and adjust camera positioning. Once 60 minutes has expired, the camera feed can only be viewed by the user from Virtual Keypad.
SECURECOM VIDEO WIRELESS ACCESS POINT
- Power 9 VDC
- Dimensions 1.4” H × 7.1” W × 4.9” D
- Wireless Speed 450 Mbps
- Range Max 100 ft.
V-IP1006RR Wireless Access Point
All SecureCom Video Cameras
DMP Wi-Fi enabled panels
INTRUSIO N • FIR E • ACCES S • NETWORKS
2500 North Partnership Boulevard Springfield, Missouri 65803-8877
800.641.4282 | DMP.com