PowerFins Cordless Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY • WHEN USING AN ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING. PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VACUUM.
If the charging cord plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT force into an outlet or try to modify to fit. To reduce the risk of shock and unintended operation, turn off the power and remove the Li-Ion battery before servicing.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury, or property damage:
THE FLOOR NOZZLE, WAND, AND HANDHELD VACUUMS CONTAIN ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS:
- This vacuum consists of a motorized nozzle, wand, and handheld vacuum. These components contain electrical connections, electrical wiring, and moving parts that potentially present risk to the user.
- Before each use, carefully inspect all parts for any damage. If a part is damaged, discontinue use.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- This vacuum contains no serviceable parts.
- Use only as described in this manual.
DO NOT use the vacuum for any purpose other than those described in this manual.
- With the exception of the filters and dust cup, DO NOT expose any parts of the vacuum to water or other liquids.
- Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children. Do not allow the appliance to be used by children. DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close supervision is necessary when used near children.
- This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children.
- Always turn off the vacuum before connecting or disconnecting any current-carrying hoses, motorized nozzles, chargers, batteries, or other electrical or mechanical parts.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuum with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without a dust cup, filters, and brush roll in place.
- Only use Shark®’s branded filters and accessories. Failure to do so will void the warranty.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzle or accessory openings. DO NOT use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessory airflow is restricted. If the air paths or the motorized floor nozzle become blocked, turn the vacuum off. Remove all obstructions before you turn on the unit again.
- Keep nozzle and all vacuum openings away from hair, face, fingers, uncovered feet, or loose clothing.
- DO NOT use if the vacuum is not working as it should, or has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum unattended while powered on.
- When powered on, keep the vacuum moving over the carpet surface at all times to avoid damaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place the vacuum on unstable surfaces such as chairs or tables.
- DO NOT use to pick up:
b) Large objects
c) Hard or sharp objects (glass, nails, screws, or coins)
d) Large quantities of dust (including drywall, fireplace ash, or embers).
DO NOT use as an attachment to power tools for dust collection.
e) Smoking or burning objects (hot coals, cigarette butts, or matches)
f) Flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, or kerosene)
g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach, ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:
a) Poorly lit areas
b) Wet or damp surfaces
c) Outdoor areas
d) Spaces that are enclosed and may contain explosive or toxic fumes or vapors (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, paint, paint thinners, mothproofing substances, or flammable dust)
- Turn off the vacuum before plugging in or unplugging the charger.
- Turn off the vacuum before any adjustment, cleaning, maintenance or troubleshooting.
- During cleaning or routine maintenance, DO NOT cut anything other than hair, fibers, or string wrapped around the brush roll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completely before replacing in the vacuum to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
- DO NOT modify or attempt to repair the vacuum or the battery yourself, except as indicated in this manual.
DO NOT use the battery or vacuum if it has been modified or damaged. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Always turn off this appliance before connecting or disconnecting the motorized nozzle or hand tool.
- The battery is the power source for the vacuum. Carefully read and follow all charging instructions.
- To prevent unintentional starting, ensure the vacuum is powered off before picking up or carrying the vacuum. DO NOT carry the appliance with your finger on the power switch.
- Use only Shark® charger DK33-288080H-U. Use of an incorrect charger may result in no charging, and/or unsafe conditions. A charger that is suitable for one type of battery pack may create a risk of fire when used with another battery pack.
- Keep the battery away from all metal objects such as paper clips, coins, keys, nails, or screws. Shorting the battery terminals increases the risk of fire or burns.
- Under abusive conditions, liquid may be ejected from the battery. Avoid contact with this liquid, as it may cause irritation or burns. If contact occurs, flush with water. If liquid contacts eyes, seek medical help.
- Battery should not be stored at temperatures below 3°C (37.4°F) or above 104°F (40°C) to maintain long-term battery life.
- DO NOT charge the battery at temperatures below 5°C (40°F) or above 104°C (104°F). Charging improperly or at temperatures outside of the specified range may damage the battery and increase the risk of fire.
- Store the appliance indoors. DO NOT use or store it below 3°C (37.4°F). Ensure the appliance is at room temperature before operating.
- DO NOT expose the battery to fire or temperatures above 265°F (130°C) as it may cause an explosion.
- Use appliances only with specifically designated battery packs. Use of any other battery packs may create a risk of injury and fire. |
- Disconnect the battery pack from the appliance before making any adjustments, changing accessories, or storing the appliance. Such preventive safety measures reduce the risk of starting the appliance accidentally.
- For IZ462H/QZ462HQ, use only with Shark battery pack XSBT750.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Insert Wand into Floor Nozzle.
- Insert Handheld Vacuum into the wand.
For proper operation, ensure all components are completely connected and clicked into place.
The Lithium-Ion PowerPack battery does not come fully charged. Prior to first use, charge completely.
During first use, run the battery down until it is completely out of power. This will condition the battery.
LED BATTERY POWER AND CHARGING INDICATORS
RECYCLING THE LI-ION BATTERY
This product uses a lithium-ion rechargeable and recyclable battery. When the battery no longer holds a charge, it should be removed from the vacuum and recycled. DO NOT incinerate or compost the battery.
When your Lithium ION Power Pack Battery needs to be replaced, dispose of it or recycle it in accordance with local regulations. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent lithium-ion batteries in the bin or in a municipal solid waste stream. Return spent power packs to an authorized recycling center or to the retailer for recycling. contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent power pack.
To charge, remove the handheld vacuum from the wand by pressing the Wand Release button and pulling up. Plug the charger into the charging port.
CHARGING THE BATTERY
USING THE LI-ION CHARGER
Plug the Li-Ion Charger into a wall outlet.
If your handheld vacuum’s battery is non-removable, press the Wand Release button to detach the handheld vacuum. Plug the charger into the charging port on the handheld vacuum.
To put the vacuum in storage mode, press the MultiFLEX Wand Unlock Latch while folding the handheld vacuum forward until the wand clicks and locks. Plug the charger into the charging port on the handheld vacuum.
If the battery is removable, press and hold the Battery Release Button, then slide out the battery. Plug the charger into the charging port on the battery. To reinstall the battery, slide it into the slot in the back of the handheld vacuum.
Slide switch to the bottom to turn off the power. To begin vacuuming in Standard Mode, slide switch to the desired setting.
Hard Floor/Small Area Rugs The brush rolls spin slowly to clean bare floors and small area rugs. Carpet
The brush rolls spin faster to pick up debris below the surface of your carpets.
For an added boost in power, pull the Trigger on the handheld vacuum. Release it to return to normal power.
To clean floors, place a foot on the floor nozzle and tilt the handheld vacuum back.
NOTE: Brushrolls will only engage when the handheld vacuum is tilted back.
Press the wand release button and lift the handheld vacuum off the wand. Attach an accessory for great cleaning on stairs, furniture, and other above-floor areas. Stand the vacuum upright and press the nozzle release button located at the bottom of the wand, above the nozzle. Lift wand to detach. Great for cleaning baseboards, ceiling fans, window sills, and other hard-to-access areas.
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wand and the handheld vacuum.
USING THE MULTIFLEX® WAND
Press the unlock latch on the back of the wand then adjust the angle.
Adjust the wand to a lower angle to easily clean under furniture.
To put the vacuum in storage mode, press the unlock latch while folding the handheld vacuum forward
To take the vacuum out of storage mode, press the unlock latch and lift up the handheld vacuum until the wand clicks and locks into place.
MAINTAINING YOUR VACUUM
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
Press the wand release button to detach the handheld vacuum from the wand.
To empty the Dust Cup while it is attached to the handheld vacuum, position the dust cup over a trash receptacle and slide the CleanTouch™ Dirt Ejector slider forward.
REMOVING AND CLEANING THE DUST CUP
To remove the dust cup from the handheld vacuum, press the CleanTouch™ Dust Cup Release button near the handheld vacuum nozzle. Tilt the dust cup and lift it off to remove. To empty dust and debris, hold the dust cup over the trash, then slide the CleanTouch Dirt Ejector slider forward.
To clean the interior of the dust cup, rinse it with water. Place it on its side with the lid open to air-dry for at least 24 hours before reinstalling.
CLEANING THE FILTERS
Regularly rinse and replace the filters to maintain your vacuum’s suction power.
To clean filters, rinse them with water only. Allow all filters to air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
Clean the pre-motor filters at least once a month and post-motor or HEPA filter at least once a year. Tap off loose dirt between washes when needed. More frequent cleaning may sometimes be necessary with heavy use.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use soap when cleaning the filters. Use water only.
Press the dust cup release button and remove the dust cup. Pull the foam and felt filters out of the back of the dust cup.
Remove the dust cup. Pull the post-motor filter out of the handheld vacuum.
Pre-Motor Foam and Felt Filter Kit
Post-Motor HEPA Filter
If any hair is wrapped around the brush roll, continue cleaning using the Carpet setting on a bare floor surface, a low-pile carpet, or a small area rug. If some fibers remain wrapped around the brush roll after continued use, carefully remove them. If you run over a hard or sharp object or notice a noise change while vacuuming, check for blockages or objects caught in the self-cleaning brush roll or Soft Roller.
- Turn off the vacuum.
- Using a coin, turn locks counterclockwise to open, then lift off the cover to access the self-cleaning brush roll.
- The clear airway of blockages.
- Replace cover by sliding inserts into slots, then pressing down firmly on all sides before turning locks clockwise to close, until they click securely into place.
CLEANING SOFT ROLLER
- To remove Soft Roller from the nozzle, pull the Soft Roller out by the tab.
- Tap loose debris off the Soft Roller. Use a dry towel to wipe the Soft Roller clean, and to remove any debris caught in the teeth behind the Soft Roller.
- Hand washes the Soft Roller as needed. Use only water, and let air-dry completely for at least 24 hours.
- Reinsert the Soft Roller.
- MAINTAINING YOUR VACUUM
CHECKING FOR BLOCKAGES
Checking for Blockages in the Handheld Vacuum:
- Turn off the vacuum.
- Remove the handheld vacuum from the wand.
- Check all intake openings to the dust cup and remove any debris or blockage.
Checking for Blockages in the Wand:
- Turn off vacuum.
- Remove the handheld vacuum and floor nozzle.
- Check intake openings for blockages and debris.
- Clear away debris and blockages.
- Turn off vacuum.
- Remove the handheld vacuum and floor nozzle from the wand.
- Check the Clog Access Hose on the MultiFLEX section of the wand by pinching the tabs on both sides of the hose and lifting the hose out.
- Clear any debris and blockages.
Checking for Blockages in the Floor Nozzle:
- Turn off vacuum.
- Detach the wand.
- Use the edge of a coin to open the three locks on the bottom of the floor nozzle.
- Remove the cover and tilt back the neck of the floor nozzle.
- Check the opening and remove any debris.
- Replace the cover by sliding the inserts into the slots, then pressing down firmly on all sides before turning the locks clockwise to close, until they click securely into place.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of shock and unintended operation, turn off the power and remove the Lithium-Ion PowerPack battery before servicing.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction. The nozzle light is red. (Refer to the Checking for Blockages section for more information.)
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and completely air-drying the filters before reinserting in the vacuum.
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Check floor nozzle for blockages; clear blockages if required.
- Remove any string, carpet fibers, or hair that may be wrapped around the brush roll.
- Check connection between handheld vacuum and wand for blockages; clear blockages if required. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Service.
- Check clog access in the wand for any blockages and clear any debris.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Make sure you are not engaging Boost mode. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- Turn off the unit to disengage the brush roll and restart with the power/selector switch.
Brushrolls do not spin.
- Immediately turn off the vacuum. Remove any blockages before turning the vacuum back on. Make sure the handheld vacuum is tilted back far enough for the brush roll to engage. If the brush roll still does not spin, please contact Customer Service.
- If the floor nozzle has headlights and they are not illuminated, there is a connection issue between the handheld vacuum, wand, and nozzle. Try disconnecting and reattaching the pieces. If the headlights still do not illuminate, please contact Customer Service.
Vacuum turns off on its own.
There are several possible reasons for the vacuum turning off on its own, including blockages, battery issues, and overheating. If vacuum turns off on its own, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the vacuum and check the battery indicator lights located on the handheld vacuum. If recharging is needed, make sure the power/selector switch on the vacuum is set to the Off position before connecting the charger.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (See Emptying the Dust Cup and Cleaning the Filters sections).
- Check wand, accessories, and inlet openings and remove any blockages.
- Allow unit and battery to cool for at least 45 minutes until they return to room temperature.
- Restart with power/selector switch.
NOTE: If the vacuum still does not operate properly, contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
Battery Indicator Lights on the handheld vacuum are flashing.
- The bottom LED light is flashing (Fig. A): Battery needs to be charged.
- Top and bottom LED lights are flashing (Fig. B): Battery temperature is not optimal, so charging is temporarily paused. Leave battery plugged in and charging will resume soon.
- If top 2 or bottom 2 LED lights are flashing (Fig. C, Fig. D), call Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES ARE AVAILABLE ON SHARKACCESSORIES.COM
|A. 8″ Crevice Tool
B. 18″ Flexi Crevice Tool
C. Duster Crevice Tool
D. Dusting Brush
E. Multi-Angle Dusting Brush
F. Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
G. Upholstery Tool
H. Wide Upholstery Tool
|I. Pet Multi-Tool
J. Deep-Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool
K. MultiFLEX® Under-Appliance Wand
L. Accessory Bag
M. Li-Ion Charger
N. Dual Li-Ion Charger
O. Li-Ion Battery
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. For a list of the accessories included with this model, see the top inside flap of the box. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
REGISTER YOUR PURCHASE
RECORD THIS INFORMATION
Date of Purchase:
Store of Purchase:
TIP: You can find the model and serial numbers on the QR code label on the bottom of the back of the handheld vacuum and battery.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you keep your vacuum running at peak performance.
BATTERY REMOVAL AND DISPOSAL
This product uses a lithium-ion rechargeable and recyclable battery. When the battery no longer holds a charge, it should be removed from the vacuum and recycled. DO NOT incinerate or compost the battery When your lithium-ion battery needs to be replaced, dispose of it or recycle it in accordance with local ordinances or regulations. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent lithium-ion batteries in the trash or in a municipal solid waste stream. Return spent battery to an authorized recycling center or to the retailer for recycling. Contact your local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent battery.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your new Shark® vacuum.
SharkNinja Operating LLC
US: Needham, MA 02494
CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7
Illustrations may differ from the actual products. We are constantly striving to improve our products;
therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice.
For SharkNinja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
© 2020 SharkNinja Operating LLC. DUOCLEAN, MULTIFLEX, and SHARK have registered trademarks of SharkNinja
Operating LLC. CLEAN TOUCH is a trademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC.
IZ400 Series IB MP Mv9
PRINTED IN CHINA
- Shark®️ Replacement Parts & Accessories | Vacuum & Steam Mop Parts and Accessories Shark Logo Ninja Logo Shark Logo
- Vacuum Cleaners, Steam Mops & Irons | Home Cleaning Products by Shark® Shark Logo Ninja Logo Shark Logo
- Patent Information | Shark® Patents | Ninja® Patents – SharkNinja