AERIAL ACROBAT VIDEO DRONE
Item No. 205982
Thank you for purchasing the Sharper Image Aerial Acrobat Video Drone. Please read these instructions prior to using this device for the first time.
|• LED lights
• Glows in the dark
• Auto hover
• Headless mode (for beginners)
• 360° flips
• One-button launch
|• One button return
• 3-speed modes
• Includes 4GB memory card (supports up to 32GB)
• Charge time: 90-120 minutes
• Flight time: 7 minutes
• Flight range: 98 ft.
BATTERY INSTALLATION (TRANSMITTER)
- Open the battery cover and insert 4 AA batteries (included)
- Follow polarity diagrams inside the battery compartment
- Replace the battery cover
IDENTIFICATION OF PARTS (TRANSMITTER)
PAIRING THE TRANSMITTER AND DRONE
- Be sure the Transmitter has fresh batteries and the drone is fully charged
- Turn on the Transmitter
- Power on the drone by plugging the battery cable into the power outlet
- The drone will beep once and the lights will stop blinking once it is paired with the remote
- Once paired, in order to fly, place the drone on the ground and simultaneously push the throttle stick and direction stick forward, then diagonal down. This will get the propellers to start. Note: If the drone lights are blinking the item is not paired.
RESETTING THE GYROSCOPE
- If the vehicle is flying erratically, you may need to reset the gyroscope
- Hold both control levers down and point to the inside for 3 seconds
- The vehicle lights will turn solid when the operation is complete
PROPER FLYING CONDITIONS
- This vehicle can fly indoors or outdoors
- Make sure ate there no obstacles nearby (furniture, trees, power lines, etc.)
- When flying outdoors, fly in warm, sunny, calm conditions
- Do not fly in rain, snow, hail or heavy wind
STUNT FLIPS: 360° TUMBLING ACTION
- Fly the vehicle to a height of at least 3 meters (9 feet)
- Press the stunt button (upper right corner of the transmitter, shown). And then, Push the right lever in any direction to do a forward tumble, backward tumble, left tumble or right tumble
- If the vehicle crashes while attempting a stunt flip, please reset the gyroscope
HOW TO CONTROL THE AIRCRAFT
AERIAL VIDEO AND PHOTOS
- Insert SD card into the slot until it clicks into place
- While the drone is powered on, press Video to record video. Press again to stop recording
- While the drone is powered on, press Photo to take a single image. (Picture cannot be taken during video recording function.)
Continuous flashing red: Recording video Red light stops flashing: Stops recording video Red flashes once: Taking a digital photo
- To view videos and photos, power off the drone, remove the SD card, and insert it into the included USB card reader. Then, insert the card reader into your computer USB port
CHARGING THE DRONE
- The charging time is approximately 90-120 minutes
- Switch the drone power off, then open the battery cover and remove the battery
- Connect the USB cable (Port B) to the computer USB port
- Connect the battery to a USB cable (Port A), you will see a red light turn off
- Allow the battery to charge until the red light turns on again
- When the red light comes on, the drone is fully charged
- Disconnect the cable when the battery is fully charged
- Do not leave a charging battery unsupervised
- Use only the charging cable that came in this package
- Wait until the battery is cool before re-charging (about 30 minutes after flight)
- Do not throw this battery into a fire, as it may explode
- Do not short circuit this battery or expose it to some small metal parts, as this may cause accidents
HEADLESS MODE (EASY MODE)
Headless mode makes this drone easier for beginners to fly, because there is no specified “front end” or “rear end.” In Headless Mode, when you bank left, the drone banks left. When you bank right, the drone banks right, regardless of what direction the quad is facing.
To turn on Headless Mode
- Switch to Headless Mode (button is on the upper left side of the transmitter).
- You will hear a short “beep” and the indicator light will begin flashing. Now, the drone is in Headless Mode.
- To turn off Headless Mode, press the Headless Mode button again. You will hear a short “beep” and the indicator light will stop flashing and remain continuously on.
- Correcting forward direction: If the drone crashes while in Headless Mode, the direction of the aircraft’s indicator light will be the “forward” direction of the aircraft.
- One key return: while in Headless Mode, press “one key return” and the aircraft will return to the operator. Press it again to exit this feature and resume normal flight.
SPEED MODE: Press to select Low, Medium, and High.
AUTO HOVER MODE: When you reach your desired altitude, release the throttle lever to maintain the altitude in auto-hover mode.
ONE-KEY LAUNCH: Press to begin with an automatic liftoff.
ONE-KEY RETURN: Press to begin a slow descent and landing.
NOTE: As with all remote control toys, it may take some practice to become proficient in the use of this drone. Please be patient and observe all local laws concerning drone flights. Do not operate this vehicle in crowded areas. Do not operate this vehicle near streets, buildings, trees, power lines, or airports.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
WARRANTY / CUSTOMER SERVICE
Sharper Image branded items purchased from SharperImage.com include a 1-year limited replacement warranty. If you have any questions not covered in this guide, please call our Customer Service department at 1 (877) 210-3449. Customer Service agents are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
The SHARPER IMAGE® name and logo are registered trademarks.
©Sharper Image. All Rights Reserved.