Shen Zhen Putian Yonggao New Energy Technology EV700 Home Charger Installation Guide
EV700 Home Charger
Important Safety Instructions
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION WARNING ATTENTION AVERTISSEMENT
This manual contains important instructions for EV700. When using electric products, always follow basic precautions, including the following.
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions before installing and operating the WPT charging station. Install and operate only as instructed. Failure to do so may lead to death, injury, or property damage, and will void the Limited Warranty.
- Only use licensed professionals to install your WPT charging station and adhere to all national and local building codes and standards. Before installing the WPT charging station, consult with a licensed contractor, such as a licensed electrician, and use a trained installation expert to ensure compliance with local building and electrical codes and standards, climate conditions, safety standards, and all applicable codes and ordinances. Inspect the charging station for proper installation before use.
- Always ground the WPT charging station. Failure to ground the charging station can lead to risk of electrocution or fire. The charging station must be connected to a grounded, metal, permanent wiring system, or an equipment grounding conductor shall be run with circuit conductors and connected to the equipment grounding terminal or lead on the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE). Connections to the EVSE shall comply with all applicable codes and ordinances.
- Install the WPT charging station using a WPT approved method. Failure to install on a surface that can support the weight of the charging station can result in death, personal injury, or property damage. Inspect the charging station for proper installation before use.
- This charging station is not suitable for use in hazardous locations. Do not install EV700 near flammable, explosive, or combustible materials.
- This device should be supervised when used around children.
- Do not put fingers into the electric vehicle connector.
- Do not use this product if the input power cable or EV charging cable is frayed, has broken insulation, or any other signs of damage.
- Do not use this product if the enclosure or the EV connector is broken, cracked, open, or shows any other indication of damage.
- Use 105°C wire copper conductors only.
- Do not operate EV700 in temperatures outside its operating range.
For charging stations set to 16-48 A, the range is -22˚F to 122˚F (-30˚C to 50˚C). For charging stations set to 50 A, the range is -40˚ to 113˚F (-40 to 45˚C).
- When using the EV Charger in an inside location such as a garage, position the EV Charger’s main controller at least 18 inches (46 cm) above the floor.
- Disconnect from all power sources before servicing unit.
- For outdoor use, the pedestal shall be located at a height between 600 mm (24 inches) and 1.2 m (4 feet) above grade；
For indoor use, the pedestal shall be located at a height between 450 mm (18 inches) and 1.2 m (4 feet) above grade；
- This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the part responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
FCC RF Radiation Exposure Statement Caution: This Transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the
FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
IC RF Radiation Exposure Statement Caution: This Transmitter must be installed to provide a separation distance of at least 20 cm from all persons.
Important: Under no circumstances will compliance with the information in this manual relieve the user of his/her responsibility to comply with all applicable codes or safety standards. This document describes the most commonly used installation and mounting scenarios. If situations arise in which it is not possible to perform an installation following the procedures provided in this document, contact WPT. WPT is not responsible for any damages that may occur resulting
from custom installations that are not described in this document or for any failure to adhere to installation recommendations.
The EV700 is electronic and therefore may not be disposed of as part of unsorted domestic waste. Inquire with local authorities regarding proper disposal.
No Accuracy Guarantee
Commercially reasonable efforts were made to ensure that the specifications and other information in this manual are accurate and complete at the time of its publication. However, the specifications and other information in this manual are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
Notice: The EV700 Home charging station requires a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet. Contact an electrician if you do not have a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 installed.
Check the box to ensure you have the Quick Start Guide, this installation guide, and these parts:
a. Charging station
• Mounting Bracket
• Input Cable (2 ft.)
• Output Cable (18 ft./24 ft. optional)
• Device/Mounting Bracket Joiner Screw
b. Screws (4) and washers (4)
c. User Guide
d. RFID Card
NOTE: The EV700 contains no field serviceable parts. Do not attempt to repair or service the unit yourself. Contact WPT for repairs or servicing.
- MODEL: WPTAC-7KW-S18-TD, WPTAC-7KW-S24-TD, WPTAC-9KW-S18-TD, WPTAC-9KW-S24-TD, WPTAC- 11KW-S18-TD, WPTAC-11KW-S24-TD
- Product name: AC Wallbox Charging Station
- Shell materia: Metal plate
- Linear way: Lower incoming line, lower outgoing line
- External Dimension of: 380*250*90mm
- Weight: 8.0kg
- Input voltage: 208-240V AC
- Input current: 32A/40A/48A
- Input current: 50±10Hz
- Power: 7kW/9kW/11kW
- Output voltage：208-240V AC
- Output current：32A/40A/48A
- Standard：UL2594，UL2231，UL1998，UL991，SAE J1772
- MTBF：100，000 hours
- Applicable scene：Outdoor / Indoor
- Operating ambient temperature：-30℃～+50℃
- Operating Humidity：5%～95%
- Elevation above sea level：＜2000m
- IP Class：Type 3R
Do not use this product if there is any damage to the unit.
Risk of electric shock. Do not remove cover or attempt to open the enclosure. No user serviceable parts Inside. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.
Risk of shock and explosion. This equipment has arcing or sparking parts that should not be exposed to flammable vapors. This equipment shall be located at least 18 inches (460 mm) above the floor. To reduce the risk of fire, replace only with same type and ratings of fuse. This device is intended only for charging vehicles and does not requiring ventilations during charging. Disconnect from all power sources before servicing unit.
These additional tools will be helpful for a quick installation:
a. A NEMA-6-50 outlet or NEMA 14-50 outlet
b. Measuring Tape
d. Stud finer
Prior to installation, verify your site has a sufficient electrical capacity and suitable location for mounting
1. Be sure the area you have selected to mount your EV700 has sufficient space to accommodate the device. See dimensions below.
CAUTION: The circuit in use must be rated for 125% maximum load.
The EV700 is a continuous load device.
2. Be sure the property owner has selected a location for installation that allows enough cable to reach the car, plus enough for remaining cable slack. Verify that a stud is available for mounting the charging device.
Notice: A plug-in install with a 50 amp is the only amperage allowed in Canada.
6. Failure to install this device on a surface that can support the weight of the charging station, cables, and necessary cable movement could result in personal injury or property damage.
WARNING: When installing outdoors, be sure the electrical outlet in use is weather-resistant and is out doorrated.
Electric Requirements for Plug In
DANGER: SHOCK RISK. Prior to wiring, make sure to turn off circuit breaker to the 240 V outlet. Do not return power to outlet until installation is complete. Failure to follow this step could result in shock or electrocution.
The homeowner should know the final amperage of the circuit and the expected charging rate available after activation. Discuss with your electrician or power utility company.
- Before installing the WPT charging station, consult with a licensed WPT contractor or a licensed electrician, and use a trained installation expert to ensure compliance with local building and electrical codes and standards, climate conditions, safety standards, and all applicable codes and ordinances. Inspect the charging station for proper installation before use.
- The EV700 is ready to be used out of the box if a 240V NEMA 6-50 or NEMA 14-50 outlet is available for use.
- If a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet is not available, contact a licensed electrician for installation.
- The EV700 is a constant current charging device requiring 32 amps from the property’s main power source.
CAUTION: The circuit in use must be rated for 125% maximum load. The EV700 is a continuous load device.
- At minimum, it is recommended that a wire rated 600V/105°C, 8-gauge, 50-amp copper conductor is used to power the NEMA 6-50 or NEMA 14-50 outlet.
- Ensure the electrical panel supports a 240V AC dedicated circuit with a new, dedicated, non-GFCI two-pole circuit breaker, in accordance with local codes and ordinances. Affix the label with the appropriate rating to the circuit in the panel.
Mounting the EV700
- The bracket will need to be mounted independently of the EV700 charging device. Remove the joiner screw on the bottom side of the device to separate the bracket.
- Locate the stud closest to the NEMA 6-50 (or 14-50) socket on which you wish to mount the EV700. The mounting bracket allows for vertical or horizontal screw installation.
2a. If your stud is visible, add an additional stud for horizontal and vertical screw applications.
2b. If you are mounting on sheet rock wall, we recommend using a 50lb hollow wall anchor at all four anchor points.
- Place the mounting bracket against the wall between 39-43 inches (990-1092mm) above the ground.
- Make sure the bracket is evenly mounted using a level tool, and make markings with a pencil.
- Drill pilot holes for each anchor screw.
- Install the mounting bracket using the washers, and anchor screws.
- Hang the EV700 on the wall mounting bracket.
- Reattach the device to the newly mounted bracket using the joiner screw once again.
- Extend the cable to its full length to remove any kinks or tension.
- Drape the charging cable over the top of the charging station and dock the connector in its holster.
- Restore power to the circuit at the electrical panel.
- Plug the charging station into the outlet.
NOTE: Be mindful of the EV700 charging cable. Keep it positioned to prevent trampling, tripping, or damage. (Example: Do not close a garage door or drive over the charging cable.)
Operating the EV700 For Charging
Once the EV700 is powered properly, the main LCD touchscreen displays amperage, input voltage, kWh, charge time, and temperature.
The default charge activation settings for the EV700 are automatic and application operation – “Auto & App”.
This setting allows you to simply plug the EV700 into your EV to begin charging, while also allowing operation via the App.
Plug the EV700 into your EV to begin charging. The LCD touchscreen will now display live statistics. The LED color indicator will also blink green while a charging session is taking place.
To change the operation settings to a different type of charge activation, select the gear at the bottom left of the touch screen.
To protect your EV700’s settings, a passcode must be entered before making any changes.
The default passcode is 123456. Enter these numbers and touch the check mark at the bottom right hand of the number pad.
Once you have entered the code the touchscreen will display three properties available for modifying – Current Settings, Binding Card, and Start Mode.
Select Start Mode to select your preferred charging initiation style.
You may choose from three charge initiation processes.
- App Only
- RFID & App
- Automatic & App
Select the arrow at the bottom right of the touchscreen once you have made a selection to return to the home screen.
“App Only’” restricts the EV700 to begin charging by mobile app only. Plug the EV700 into your EV, and the touchscreen will prompt you to activate the charge on your mobile device. RFID
“Card & App” restricts the EV700 to begin charging only by RFID card, or mobile app. Plug the EV700 into your EV and the touchscreen will prompt you to activate the charge by swiping or using your mobile device.
Place the RFID card on the EV700 between the touch screen and the Wi-Fi symbol for at least 2 seconds to activate/deactivate a charge session.
For more user information about network setup, current setting, and RFID card setup scan this QR code!
This Limited Warranty for WPT EV700 Home Electric Vehicle charging station (“Warranty”) applies to you, the original purchaser of a new TURNONGREEN EV700 charging station (the “charging station”) from TURNONGREEN solely for use by you at your residence. This warranty is not transferrable and is valid for purchasers located in the U.S.A. and Canada only.
LIMITED ONE-YEAR PARTS EXCHANGE WARRANTY: Subject to the exclusions from Warranty coverage set forth below, WPT warrants that, when used under normal operating conditions, your charging station will be free from any defects in materials or workmanship for a period (the “Warranty Period”) of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. If, during
the Warranty Period, your charging station becomes defective in breach of the Warranty, WPT will, upon written notice of the defect received during the Warranty Period, either repair or replace, at WPT election, the charging station. The Warranty covers both parts and factory labor necessary to repair your charging station, but does not include any on-site labor costs related to un-installing or reinstalling the repaired or replacement charging station.
1. In connection with your RMA request, you will be asked for each of the following:
• A detailed description of the problems you are experiencing with the charging station;
• The model number and serial number of the charging station;
• Proof of purchase;and
• Shipping information
2. If WPT determines that the defect appears to be covered by your Warranty and your Warranty is still in effect you will be provided a Returned Material Authorization number (RMA number) to reference when returning the defective charging station for repair or replacement.
4. Ship the defective charging station to WPT and reference the RMA number in the shipping documentation. The charging station must be returned in its original shipping container or in another shipping container designed to prevent damage to the charging station.
5. If your charging station is covered by your Warranty, WPT will either repair or replace the defective charging station at no charge to you and ship the repaired or replaced charging station back to you at WPT expense.
- You are responsible for the proper installation and maintenance of the charging station including the un-installing of any defective charging station and the installation of the repaired or replacement charging station returned to you.
- Any service or repairs beyond the scope of the Warranty above will be performed upon customer approval at WPT then prevailing labor rates and other applicable charges.
- Any charging station that is found by WPT to be out-of-warranty or otherwise ineligible for warranty service will be returned, repaired or replaced upon your approval at WPT standard charges at your expense.
- Please read carefully through the detailed descriptions of the WARRANTY, the EXCLUSIONS FROM LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY, and the LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY AND LIABILITY on the following pages to assure that your charging
station is eligible for warranty service without additional cost to you.
Replacement Parts or Charging Stations
You acknowledge that replacement parts or charging stations provided by WPT under the Warranty may be remanufactured or reconditioned parts or charging stations or, if the exact charging station is no longer manufactured by WPT, a charging station with substantially similar functionality (“Replacement Products”). All replaced parts, whether under warranty or not,
become the property of WPT.
Any replacement parts or charging station so furnished will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or ninety days from the date of delivery of such replacement parts or charging station, whichever is later. Should WPT be unable to repair or replace your charging station, WPT will refund the purchase price of the charging station to you.
Exclusions from Limited Product Warranty
IMPORTANT: The Warranty on your charging stations shall not apply to defects or service repairs resulting from the following:
- Improper site preparation or maintenance, improper installation, cosmetic damage such as scratches and dents, or normal aging.
- Abuse, vandalism, damage or other problems caused by accidents, misuse or negligence (including but not limited to physical damage from being struck by a vehicle), or use of the charging station in a way other than as specified in the applicable WPT documentation.
- Damage to the charging station caused by software, interfacing, parts, supplies or any other product not supplied by WPT.
- Installation, alteration, disassembly, modification, or relocation of the charging station that was not approved in writing by WPT or performed by WPT or by a licensed electrician pursuant to this guide.
- Damage as a result of extreme power surge, extreme electromagnetic field or any acts of nature.
- Any other causes beyond the control of WPT.
IN ADDITION: The Warranty on your charging station shall not apply if the original identification markings (for example, serial numbers and trademarks) have been defaced, altered or removed or if the charging station is used or installed for any purpose other than for use at a single family residence.
WPT SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY WPT SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE OR WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION.
Limitations on Warranty and Liability
NO AGENT OF WPT IS AUTHORIZED TO ALTER OR EXCEED THE WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS OF WPT. THE REMEDIES IN THIS LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. WPT MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (EVEN IF WPT HAS BEEN INFORMED OF SUCH PURPOSE) OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, ARE EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD DESCRIBED ABOVE. NO WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of express or implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
WPT IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF USE, OR COST OF COVER INCURRED BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR PURCHASE OR
USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE CHARGING STATION, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF WPT KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, THE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF WPT FOR ALL CLAIMS WHATSOEVER RELATED TO THE CHARGING STATION WILL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE CHARGING STATION. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE INTENDED TO LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF WPT AND SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., exclusive of its conflict of laws principles. The U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
This Warranty is the entire and exclusive agreement between you and WPT with respect to its subject matter, and any modification or waiver of any provision of this statement is not effective unless expressly set forth in writing by an authorized representative of WPT.
For more user information scan this QR code!
Copyright and Trademarks
©2021 WPT All rights reserved. This material is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. It may not be modified, reproduced or distributed without the prior, express written consent of WPT. WPT is a U.S. and European Union registered trademark and service mark of WPT. and cannot be used without the prior written consent of WPT.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: