SOMOGYI ELEKTRONIC CDS 93 Solar Candle User Manual
With its solar and battery powered design, the solar candle provides cosy, realistic candlelight illumination without additional electricity costs. Charged by the built-in solar cell during the day, the battery supplies 1 white LED during the night. The lifetime of the light emitter is app. 100,000 operating hours and it is maintenance-free. At the end of its lifecycle, the built-in battery can be replaced.
- solar panels
- on/off button
You can turn on the light by setting the switch under the base to the ON position. If you do not use the device for a long time (e.g., in wintertime), remove the battery, carefully clean the housing and store it above freezing point. Insert the components into each other until they stop. The light will then operate automatically: the battery will be charged during the day, and the light will turn on when it is getting dark and continue to illuminate. Lighting time depends on the duration and intensity of the light previously reaching the appliance. Its functioning can be checked before installation by covering the entire upper part of the solar cell. Note that the light is designed to operate when it is dark. When it is bright, it glows dimly or not at all.
In order for the battery to be charged as much as possible (so that it can power the LED for a long time during the night) you need to place the garden torch in sunlit place out of any shadow. The longer the solar panel is exposed to direct sunlight, the longer the lamp will work at night. Following a fully sunny day, this will be approximately 8 hours – although the battery is not fully charged even at the end of such days.
REPLACING THE BATTERY
If the duration of the lighting significantly decreases during use with similar daylight conditions, you will need to replace the battery. The recommended type is AAA Ni-MH battery of 100-300mAh. Carefully turn the inner cover of the hood counterclockwise. Remove the 2 screws around the switch and carefully lift off the cover. Take care not to damage the wires. Replace the battery in the battery compartment with a new one, observing the correct polarity (place the negative pole to the spring pin).
Notes: To increase the lifetime of the battery, if possible, discharge and recharge it once in every month using an external battery charger three times in a row. Do this when you remove the appliance for the winter, and before installing a new battery
- Inserting a battery with a capacity exceeding the specifications will not result in longer operating time!
- A battery cooled at temperatures around freezing point will not supply enough voltage for proper operation.
- You are recommended to de-install, clean and put in frost free storage the appliance before winter.
- Clean the housing, with particular regard to solar panel regularly, taking care not to scratch these by using aggressive detergents.
- Do not exert excessive force when assembling and installing the luminaire.
- Battery replacement must be performed by an adult!
- Make sure to insert the battery observing the correct polarity.
- If the product is not used for a longer period, remove the battery.
- If any fluids have leaked from the batteries, clean the battery compartment with a dry cloth wearing protective gloves.
- Caution! The use of an incorrect battery may cause danger of explosion. Only use equivalent, or interchangeable batteries for replacement.
- Do not expose the battery to direct heat or sunlight. Never open, place into fire or short circuit the batteries.
- Never charge non-rechargeable batteries. Explosion hazard!
- Do not use a single-use battery instead of the rechargeable one, as its voltage and efficiency are different.
- Do not weld or solder anything directly to the batteries!
- Store unused batteries in their original packaging and away from metal objects.
- Do not mix together the already unpackaged batteries.
The product is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children.
Waste equipment must be collected and disposed separately from household waste because it may contain components hazardous to the environment or health. Used or waste equipment may be dropped off free of charge at the point of sale, or at any distributor which sells equipment of identical nature and function. Dispose of product at a facility specializing in the collection of electronic waste. By doing so, you will protect the environment as well as the health of others and yourself. If you have any questions, contact the local waste management organization. We shall undertake the tasks pertinent to the manufacturer as prescribed in the relevant regulations and shall bear any associated costs arising.
DISPOSING OFALKALINEAND RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Batteries, whether alkaline or rechargeable, must not be handled together with regular household waste. It is the legal obligation of the product’s user to dispose of batteries at a nearby collection center or at a retail shop. This ensures that the batteries are ultimately neutralized in an environment-friendly way
Uvoznik za HR: ZED d.o.o. • Industrijska c. 5, 10360 Sesvete, Hrvatska • Tel: +385 1 2006 148 • www.zed.hr
Uvoznik za BiH: DIGITALIS d.o.o. • M.Spahe 2A/30, 72290 Novi Travnik, BiH • Tel: +387 61 095 095 • www.digitalis.ba