SOMOGYI SMC 38 Elektronic Smart Automatic Battery Charger
- Lower charging current; for (14,4V – 0,8A) 12V/1,2-14Ah types, e.g. 12V motors
- Higher charging current; for (14,4V – 3,8A) 12V/14-120Ah types, e.g. 12V cars
- Higher charging current; for (14,7V – 3,8A ) 12V/14-120Ah types, winter mode for low degree, with an increased charging voltage
- Lower charging current and voltage; for (7,3V – 0,8A) 6V/1,2-14Ah accumulators
- Reversed polarity warning, red LED
- Standby mode indicator green LED
- Charge status indicator
- Charge status stages
- Voltmeter, the display of the actual voltage
- Mode selector button
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Before using the product for the ﬁrst time, please read the instructions for use below and retain them for later reference. The original instructions were written in the Hungarian language. • This appliance may only be used by persons with impaired physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lacking in experience or knowledge, as well as children from the age of 8, if they are under supervision or have been given instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety and they have understood the hazards associated with use. Children should not be allowed to play with the unit. Children from the age of 8 may only clean or perform user maintenance on the appliance under supervision. Children below the age of 8 years should be kept away from the appliance, and its power cable. • The charger is water-resistant (IP65) but the power plug is not protected. Use only under dry, indoor conditions! • Connect only to a standard 230V ~ / 50Hz socket! • Read the warnings of manufacturer about the battery to be charged, to avoid damaging it! • Frozen batteries are forbidden to be charged, even in winter mode. • Can only be used in a well-ventilated place! During charging the battery may become warm and may cause toxic and explosive gases. This is a natural phenomenon. Ventilate, do not inhale, and do not stay near it! Using sparks and naked ﬂames or smoking is prohibited! Warning! Risk of explosion! • Do not cover the device, ensure the free ﬂow of air by locating it! Covering it may cause overheating, ﬁre or electric shock! • The possible circuit of the clips can cause ﬁre, explosion and electric shock! It is forbidden to touch them to each other or metal objects! • Keep children away from the accumulator! • Non-rechargeable batteries must not be charged. Risk of explosion! • Do not have any assets connected to the battery during charging. Unplug it from the vehicle’s electrical power beforehand. • After use, unplug it from the mains. • The appliance should be located so as to allow easy access and removal of the power plug! Lead the power cable so as to prevent it from being pulled out accidentally or tripped over!Do not lead the power cable under carpets, doormats etc.! • Do not expose the device to splashing water and do not place objects, ﬁlled with liquids e.g.: glass on it! • Do not place any open ﬂame sources such as burning candles on the unit! • Do not operate with an inverter! • Connections must be stable and free of short circuit. • When leading the connection cables, make sure that their insulation are not damaged. • Do not use if any connecting cables are damaged. • Connect the mains plug into the wall outlet and do not use an extension or distributor. • Immediately disconnect the power cord and do not use the charger it it is cranked, dropped or the connection cable is damaged. • In hot environment, automatic switch-off can occur even at lower loads. • Protect it from dust, humidity, liquids, moisture, frost and shock as well as from direct heat and sunlight! • Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the unit or its accessories, because it can cause ﬁre, accident or electric shock! • Do not short-circuit the battery or throw it in ﬁre! • Due to the presence of mains voltage, observe the usual rules of life protection. Do not touch the device or the connecting cable with wet hands. Do not use in dusty, humid environments or in the presence of gases. Designed for non-industrial use. This appliance can only be used to charge the specified type of batteries. It is forbidden to use it as a power supply and operate units from it. • There is no warranty for the failures, resulting from improper installation or irresponsible use. The manufacturer is not responsible for any damage caused by similar causes. • This product is made for household use, not for industrial. • The appliance does not require maintenance. • Due to continuous improvements the design and specifications may change without any prior notice. • We don’t take responsibility for printing errors and apologize if there’s any.
Caution: Risk of electric shock!
Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the unit or its accessories. In case any part is damaged, immediately power off the unit and seek the assistance of a specialist. In the event that the power cable should become damaged, it should only be replaced by the manufacturer, its service facility or similarly qualiﬁed personnel. Protected against penetration of dust and waterjets. The power connector is not protected, the product is suitable for indoor use.
Power off the unit by unplugging it from the electric outlet prior to cleaning. The clips should not be connected to anything and should not contact each other or other metal objects. Use a soft, dry cloth. Do not use any aggressive cleaners or fluids.
Warning! If a battery has leaked acid, wear protective gloves and clean the contaminated area with a dry cloth.
If the charger does not switch to maintenance charge after full charge after 3 days, then an error may have occurred. Possible reasons of this:
- The battery may be worn out and needs to be replaced.
- Batteries with high antimony content may behave differently, and may occasionally let the charger to charge too long which leads to overcharging. Be careful to avoid this!
- A sulfated, old battery is difficult to charge, and therefore the charging time is long. A heavily worn battery can not be charged fully. Therefore, always make sure that the charger has switched to maintenance charging mode after charging is completed, before leaving it unattended. If the maintenance mode works, everything is fine. If the charger does not switch to maintenance mode after 3 days, the battery will probably no longer can be used and needs to be replaced.
If the device is not charging, the following may occur:
- No power supply; check the power cable and charger cable connector.
- The malfunction indicator LED (5) lights up, e.g. reversed polarity.
- The clips are not connecting properly or are short-circuited.
- It is possible that the battery is defective and cannot be charged.
Waste equipment must be collected and disposed of separately from household waste because it may contain components hazardous to the environment or health. Used or waste equipment may be dropped off free of charge at the point of sale, or at any distributor which sells equipment of identical nature and function. Dispose of the product at a facility specializing in the collection of electronic waste. By doing so, you will protect the environment as well as the health of others and yourself. If you have any questions, contact the local waste management organization. We shall undertake the tasks pertinent to the manufacturer as prescribed in the relevant regulations and shall bear any associated costs arising.