SONICWALL 02-SSC-3919 Nsa 5700 Total Secure Advanced Edition 1 User Guide
1 Package Contents
NOTE: The included power cord is approved for use only in specific countries or regions. Before using a power cord, verify that it is rated and approved for use in your location. The power cord is for AC mains installation only. Refer to the NSa 5700 Safety, Regulatory, and Legal Information document for additional safety information. : Items missing? Contact SonicWall Technical Support at: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/contact-support
2 Front Panel
3 Rear Panel
4 Connect and Power On
To power on your NSa and connect the LAN and WAN:
- Connect the provided power cord to the appliance and to an electrical outlet (100-240 volts). The NSa powers on. The startup sequence takes about eight minutes.
- Connect the NSa LAN interface (X0 by default) to your local, internal network.
- Connect the NSa WAN interface (X1) to the Internet.
5 Setup Options
NOTE: After initial setup, be sure to download the latest firmware from MySonic Wall and upgrade your NSa. Your appliance must be registered to download the latest firmware from MySonic Wall.
6 Initial Setup and Registration Using Local Management
- Configure your computer with an IP address in the 192.168.1.x subnet, such as 192.168.1.100, and set the network mask to 255.255.255.0.
- Using the provided Ethernet cable, connect the MGMT interface to your computer.
- Navigate to https://192.168.1.254 in your web browser and log in with the default credentials:
- Launch the Setup Guide wizard or manually configure the NSa to configure your WAN interface, change the admin password, and select other settings.
- After completing the setup wizard, reconfigure your computer to automatically obtain an IP address and DNS server address, or set it to the appropriate static network settings.
- Connect your computer to the LAN or WAN network and log into SonicOS/X. The LAN provides a DHCP IP address to your computer. The default LAN IP address is https://192.168.168.168.
NOTE: You cannot reach the Internet or other external destinations while connected to the MGMT interface without first configuring a default gateway in its interface settings.
7 Click Register and enter your MySonic Wall credentials to register your NSa.
TIP: Registering the appliance from SonicOS/X requires that DNS settings are configured for the WAN interface. For DHCP WAN type, DNS is set automatically.
7 Cloud Management
Use CSC to access MySonicWall and NSM to register and manage your NSa.
NOTE: This option requires a Cloud Management license.
- Log into CSC at cloud.sonicwall.com using your MySonicWall credentials.
- Select the MySonicWall tile to register your NSa.
- Enable Zero Touch and NSM licensing on your NSa in MySonicWall.
- Select the Network Security Manager tile in CSC to manage your NSa from the cloud.
8 SonicExpress App
Use SonicExpress on your smartphone to register and configure your NSa.
- Download and launch the SonicExpress App on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap Login and log in with your MySonicWall credentials.
- Select the Tenant for the NSa. Tenants can contain multiple SonicWall appliances.
- Connect your iOS/Android device to the NSa with the smartphone USB cable. This cable is not supplied with the NSa.
NOTE: Use the USB cable from your mobile device.
- Use the Setup Guide to register the NSa, synchronize service licenses, change the password, and configure essential interface settings.
9 SonicWall Secure SD-Branch
SD-Branch combines SD-WAN, SD-LAN, unified security and centralized management for distributed enterprises.
Copyright © 2021 SonicWall Inc. All rights reserved.
SonicWall is a trademark or registered trademark of SonicWall Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S.A. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The information in this document is provided in connection with SonicWall Inc. and/or its affiliates’ products. No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property right is granted by this document or in connection with the sale of SonicWall products. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SPECIFIED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THIS PRODUCT, SONICWALL AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY RELATING TO ITS PRODUCTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON- INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SONICWALL AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SONICWALL AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SonicWall and/or its affiliates make no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and reserves the right to make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time without notice. SonicWall Inc. and/or its affiliates do not make any commitment to update the information contained in this document.
For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/legal/.