Sony ICFP26 Portable AM/FM Radio
- DIMENSIONS: 5 x 4.69 x 2.74 inches
- WEIGHT: 3.04 ounces
- FREQUENCY RANGE: FM: 87.5 MHz – 108 MHz/ AM: 530 kHz – 1,710 kHz
- INTERMEDIATE FREQUENCY: FM: 10.7 MHz/AM: 455 kHz
- SPEAKER: 5.7 cm (2 1/4 inches) dia., 8 Ω
- POWER OUTPUT: 100 mW (at 10 % harmonic distortion)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 3 V DC, two R6/LR6 (size AA) batteries
- BATTERY LIFE*: 100 hours (FM reception)/ Approx. 110 hours (AM reception)
- BRAND: Sony
The Sony ICFP26 radio is a compact, vertical FM/AM radio. It comes with an LED battery status indicator. It has a built-in hand strap which increases its portability. It has an output power of 100mW. The portable pocket radio is powered by 2 AA batteries. It also features a dedicated socket for headphones which allows listening to music personally. The Sony ICFP26 has a built-in speaker and headphone hack and features a telescoping antenna. It is a black, easy-to-use and compact radio which is lightweight and perfect for carrying around.
For Better Reception
- Do not install the appliance in a confined space, such as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
- Do not expose the appliance to naked flame sources (for example, lighted candles).
- The nameplate and important information concerning safety are located on the bottom exterior.
- Batteries or batteries installed apparatus shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
Notice for the customers in the USA
The following FCC statement applies only to the version of this model manufactured for sale in the U.S.A. Other versions may not comply with FCC technical regulations.
For United States customers. Not applicable in Canada, including in the province of Quebec. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference.
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to operate this equipment.
- Operate the unit only on 3 V DC with two R6/LR6 (size AA) batteries.
- Avoid exposure to temperature extremes, direct sunlight, moisture, sand, dust or mechanical shock. Never leave in a car parked under the sun.
- Should anything fall into the unit, remove the batteries, and have the unit checked by qualified personnel before operating it any further.
- Since a strong magnet is used for the speaker, keep personal credit cards using magnetic coding or spring-wound watches away from the unit to prevent possible damage from the magnet.
- When the casing becomes soiled, clean it with a soft dry cloth moistened with mild detergent solution.
- Never use abrasive cleansers or chemical solvents, as they may deform the casing.
- Make sure not to splash water on the unit. This unit is not waterproof.
- Listening with this unit at high volume may affect your hearing. For traffic safety, do not use this unit while driving or cycling.
- Under certain circumstances, especially when the air is very dry, it is not uncommon to experience a discharge of static electricity, or shock, when your body comes in contact with another object, in this case the ear buds touching your ear(s). The energy from this natural discharge is extremely small and is not emitted by your product but rather a natural environmental occurrence.
- Depending on the strength of radio signals, the TUNE (tuning) indicator may not light up even if a broadcast is being received. Furthermore, the indicator may light up incorrectly due to extraneous noise even when a broadcast is not being received. Use the TUNE indicator as a reference.
- When connecting headphones (not supplied) to the unit, use headphones with a stereo (3-pole) or monaural (2-pole) mini plug. Sound may not be heard when using other types of plugs.
When to replace the batteries
Replace all batteries with new ones when the BATT (battery) indicator becomes dim or the sound becomes weak.
Notes on batteries
- Do not mix an old battery with a new one or mix different type of batteries.
- When you are not going to use the unit for a long time, remove the batteries to avoid damage from battery leakage and corrosion.
- Check if the batteries are inserted in the correct orientation (+ and -) when the radio does not turn on after battery replacement.
- Batteries have a recommended use-by date for proper use. When using expired batteries, battery life will be extremely short. Check the use-by date on the batteries and if they are expired, replace them with new ones.
If the battery compartment cover comes off
Insert the right hook tab of the lid into the right hole, then put the left hole, then put the left the opening and slide it slowly until it fits into the left hole. If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is this Stereo?
Yes, it is stereo.
- Is this really heavy?
The radio is very light weighing about 190 grams with the batteries.
- Can you listen to it with headphones? and do the headphones work in both ears or just one?
Yes, you can listen to it using stereo headphones and they work in both ears.
- What are the dimensions of this radio?
The dimensions of the radio are: 1.5 x 4.69 x 2.74 inches.
- Does this radio have an off/on switch?
Yes, the Sony radio features an on/off switch.
- Does it have a belt clip?
No, it doesn’t have a belt clip. It comes with a wrist strap only.
- How long can it run on batteries?
The battery life of the Sony radio is as follows:
About 110 hours (AM reception)
About 100 hours (FM reception)
- Is this loud enough for a baseball game?
Yes, it is loud enough and produces good quality sound for a baseball game.
- Is the power cord detachable? If not, is there storage for it on the radio?
No, the power cord isn’t detachable and it stores right behind the radio.
- Can a channel changer be used from across a room?
No, it isn’t supported by the radio.