BLITZ DELUXE RICE COOKER
1.8L | 2.8L
BEFORE OPERATING THIS UNIT, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS.
Due to hot parts and potential hazards, this appliance is not suitable for the use of children under 8 years old. Even when off please keep the appliance and cord out of the reach of children. Children over 8 must be supervised by an adult at all times when using or cleaning the appliance. This is not a toy!
The appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities if they have been given supervision and instruction and understand the use and hazards involved. Always disconnect the appliance from the socket if it is left unattended and before assembling, disassembling, or cleaning.
If the mains cable is damaged, it must be replaced by qualified persons in order to avoid any hazards.
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND KEEP THEM SAFE.
REMOVE ALL PACKAGING BEFORE USE.
2 Handle with Safety Lock Button
3 Steam Regulating Vent
4 Control panel
5 COOK indicator
6 KEEP WARM indicator
|8 Removable non-stick bowl
9 Rice Cooker base
10 One-touch operation switch
11 Condensation Collector
12 Heating element (inside)
13 Rice scoop
14 Measuring cup 160ml
Rated Voltage: 220-240V
3423 | 1 8L 900W
3424 | 2 8L 1000W
Deluxe Rice Cooker Instruction Manual
WHEN USING ANY ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE, BASIC SAFETY
PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE
WHEN USING ANY ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Read all instructions carefully before using the appliance
- This appliance is intended for household use only. It is not suitable for commercial use such as kitchen areas and other working environments.
- Ensure that the appliance and mains cable are always placed on a firm and flat surface, away from the edge of the worktop and out of reach of children Do not place the appliance onto a metal tray or metal surface whilst in use Do not place the appliance on, or near, hot gas or electric burner or in a heated oven Do not operate the appliance with wet hands or barefoot
- Route the mains cable so it does not overhang, and cannot be tripped over or caught
- Do not let the mains cable run across an open space, such as between a low socket and a table, or across any hot area, such as a cooker, the heat may damage it
- The connections on both sides of the mains cable (the appliance and socket) should never be strained If the mains cable is damaged it must be replaced by a qualified person or service to avoid any hazards
- Do not use the appliance in a bathroom, near water, or outdoors. Do not immerse any of the parts (appliance, mains cable, plug) in water or other liquids to protect against fire, electric shock, and personal injury.
- Do not use the appliance if it is damaged or is malfunctioning. Do not leave the appliance unattended whilst in use. Use and store it out of reach of children.
- This appliance must not be operated by an external timer or a remote control system
- SQ Professional Ltd may not be held liable for eventual damages to persons, animals, or objects caused by incorrect installation or deriving from improper, erroneous or unreasonable use
- To reduce the risk of electric shock ensure that the removable bowl 8 is completely dry before you place it into the rice cooker base 9 and connect the appliance to a power supply.
- Turn the removable bowl 8 left and right to ensure that it is properly fitted onto the heating element 12
- Never use the removable bowl 8 on top of the stove or in an oven at high heat will deform its shape
- Always fully defrost frozen meat or poultry before cooking or steaming Ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked
- Do not move the rice cooker when it is switched on.
- Do not move the rice cooker with the full removable bowl 8 inside it as it might be heavy and the mains cable may catch on something as you move
- Do not switch the rice cooker on unless there is at least a minimum amount of water or ingredients in the removable bowl 8 Avoid filling the removable bowl 8 up above the MAX mark Remove the removable bowl 8 from the rice cooker base 9 before filling it with water
- During the cooking process, steam may escape from steam vent 3 on lid 1 This is normal Never cover, touch or obstruct the steam vent 3.
- Avoid using the rice cooker near or below curtains, shelves, cupboards, or anything that might be damaged or deformed by hot steam
- Use extreme caution when opening the lid 1 during or after cooking. Hot steam will escape and may cause burns.
- When lifting the steamer or removable bowl 8 from the rice cooker base 9 ensure that they have cooled down sufficiently or use oven gloves to prevent burns.
- After the cooking cycle is completed the operation switch9 will automatically switch to KEEP WARM position 6 To completely switch off the rice cooker unplug the mains cable from the socket. Operation switch 4 must never be held in the COOK position 5 as this may cause damage to the switch-off mechanism
- Before removing the steamer 7 or removable bowl 8 always unplug the rice cooker base 9
- Always unplug the rice cooker when not in use.
- Before emptying the removable bowl 8 remove it from the rice cooker base 9 to avoid spilling the contents onto the heating element 12 which can cause damage to the rice cooker
- Unplug the rice cooker from the socket after every use, especially before cleaning or removing the removable bowl Ensure that the rice cooker base 9, removable bowl 8, and steamer 7 are completely cooled down before cleaning and storing away
- Keep the rice cooker base 9, removable bowl 8, steamer 7, mains cable, and plug away from sources of heat Store in a dry place
- Do not use the rice cooker for any purpose other than intended use.
- Use the rice cooker base 9 only with the removable bowl 8 and steamer 7 supplied (and vice versa) and do not tamper with it in any way
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE!
BEFORE FIRST USE
ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT THE REMOVABLE BOWL IS COMPLETELY DRY, INSIDE AND OUT, BEFORE PLACING IT INTO THE RICE COOKER BASE.
Wash the steamer 7, removable bowl 8, measuring cup 14 and rice scoop 13 with warm, soapy water Rinse and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth Wipe the rice cooker base with a damp cloth and dry with a soft cloth
RICE COOKING GUIDE
ALWAYS TAKE CARE TO AVOID THE EXPULSION OF STEAM WHEN OPENING THE LID. DO NOT KEEP THE FOOD IN ‘KEEP WARM’ MODE LONGER THAN 5-10 MINUTES AS IT WILL START TO DRY AND LOSE FLAVOUR.
- Measure the desired amount of rice using the measuring cup 11 provided One cup of rice will provide approximately two cups of cooked rice
- Rinse the rice in the removable bowl 8 until the water becomes relatively clear and dispose of the water
- Use the water measurement lines inside the removable bowl 8 to add an appropriate amount of water For softer rice, allow the rice to soak for 10-20 minutes prior to cooking
- Close the lid 1 and plug the mains cable into a socket
- Press the operation switch 9 down to cook mode The COOK indicator 7 will light up
- For best results leave the lid 1 on for the first 10-15 minutes of cooking
- To check on the rice, carefully open the lid 1 and keep clear of the escaping steam to avoid burns
- When cooking is complete, the rice cooker will automatically switch to ‘keep warm’ mode and the KEEP WARM indicator 8 will light up
- After cooking, allow the rice to stand for 5-10 minutes without removing the lid 1 This will ensure that rice is thoroughly cooked
- Disconnect the rice cooker from the power supply, then lift the removable bowl 8 from the rice cooker base 9 using the oven gloves Place it on a heatproof surface and use the provided rice scoop 10 to fluff the rice
ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT THE WATER HAS NOT COMPLETELY EVAPORATED FROM THE REMOVABLE BOWL CAUSING IT TO BOIL DRY.
DO NOT KEEP THE STEAMED FOOD IN THE ‘KEEP WARM’ MODE FOR LONGER THAN 5-10 MINUTES AS IT MAY BECOME OVERCOOKED OR TURN SOGGY.
- Add the desired amount of water into the removable bowl 8
- Place the steamer 7 on top of the removable bowl
- Place the food into the steamer 7 and cover with the lid 1 Plug the mains cable into the socket Press the operation switch 9 down to cook mode The COOK indicator 7 will light up
- When the steaming process is complete the rice cooker will automatically switch to ‘keep warm’ mode and the KEEP WARM indicator 8 will light up
- Rinsing the rice before cooking will remove excess bran and starch as well as nutrients and will result in loose rice with easily separated grains. Unwashed rice is sticky and more suitable for dishes like sushi or riceballs. Some types of rice may stick to the bottom of the removable bowl. To prevent sticking add a little vegetable oil before adding the rice.
- Raisins and dried fruits will absorb as much water as rice, so put them into the measuring cup along with the rice.
- Since most vegetables only absorb a small amount of water, there is no need to increase the amount of water for larger servings of vegetables. For more even cooking cut all pieces of food into the same size.
- Keep the lid closed during the entire steaming process. Opening the lid will cause a loss of heat and steam, resulting in longer cooking time
- If you find it necessary to open the lid, use extreme caution. You may want to add a small amount of water to restore the cooking time. Altitude, humidity, and room temperature may affect cooking times.
ALWAYS UNPLUG THE RICE COOKER AND ALLOW IT TO COMPLETELY COOL DOWN BEFORE CLEANING AND STORING AWAY.
- Remove the removable bowl 8 Wash it with warm, soapy water using a sponge or dishcloth Rinse and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth
- The steamer 7, rice scoop 13, and measuring cup 14 can be washed by hand or in a dishwasher Removable bowl 8 is not dishwasher safe.
- Wipe the rice cooker base 9 clean with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly
- Do not use harsh scourers, metal brushes, or abrasive detergents as they may damage the surface
CLEANING THE STEAM VENT
Open lid 1 and carefully detach the steam vent 3under the lid by turning it anti-clockwise Turn the steam vent cover A anti-clockwise to detach it from the steam vent body B Remove the steam vent washer C and clean all parts with warm soapy water or in a dishwasher Use a soft brush to remove any residue Assemble the steam vent and insert it into the lid.
The product must be earthed. This appliance is fitted with a 13A BS1362 fuse in a 13A BS 1363 plug. To replace the plug, fit the green-yellow wire to or E, blue wire to N, and the brown wire to L. Fit the cord grip. If in doubt, call a qualified electrician. If you remove the plug, dispose of it.
RICE / WATER MEASUREMENT TABLE
- As a general guide use one cup of water for each cup of rice
- Add slightly more water for softer rice or slightly less for firmer rice
When cooking brown or wild rice, add an additional 3/4 cup of water
- This is only a general measuring guide As there are many different kinds of rice available, rice/water measurement may vary
ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE.
|RICE TYPE||GRAIN TYPE||RAW RICE
|WHITE||LONG||190g||400m1||1.5 – 2|
|MEDIUM||195g||350m1||2 – 2.5|
|SHORT||200g||300m1||2.5 – 3|
|BROWN||LONG||190g||500m1||1.5 – 2|
|BASMATI, JASMINE, INDIAN STYLE RICE||180g||180-250m1||2|
These times are for a single layer of food You will need to experiment to find the times which suit your favorite foods and food combinations
- Leafy vegetables need very little cooking to keep them green and crisp To stop the cooking process put the vegetables into iced water
- If mussels are open prior to cooking do not use them Steam until the shells open fully, and discard any that remain closed after cooking
- Meat, poultry, and derivatives(mince, burgers, etc ) should be cooked until the juices run clear
- Fish must be cooked until the flesh is opaque throughout
|LOBSTER TAIL (frozen)||1||12-15|
To avoid environmental and health problems due to hazardous substances in electrical and electronic goods, appliances marked with this symbol must not be disposed of with unsorted municipal waste, but recovered, reused, or recycled
The product is not user-serviceable If it is not working, read the instructions, check the plug fuse and main fuse/circuit breaker If it is still not working, consult your retailer If that does not solve the problem ring Customer Service – they may be able to offer technical advice Please have the Model Number to hand, as they will not be able to help you without it.
If you are advised to return the product, pack it carefully, include a note with your name, address, day phone number, and description of the problem.
If under a guarantee, say where and when it was purchased and include a valid VAT receipt Send it to SQ Professional Ltd
THE GUARANTEE FOR THIS PRODUCT IS COVERED BY SQ PROFESSIONAL LIMITED ANY FAULTS WITH THIS PRODUCT ARISING THROUGH A MANUFACTURER DEFECT WILL BE COVERED FOR 1 YEAR FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE, SUBJECT TO A VALID VAT RECEIPT BEING RESENTED THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE FAULTS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY MISUSE OF GENERAL WEAR AND TEAR PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICES ON 01992 716 070 OR SEND AN E-MAIL TO [email protected], MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 09:30 – 17:30 THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
Rice is a valuable source of low fat, complex carbohydrates and is abundant in thiamin (B1), niacin (B3), and iron. It is an essential ingredient for a healthy diet. There are many different varieties of rice available in the market. Your rice cooker can cook any type perfectly every time. The following are the commonly available varieties of rice and their characteristics:
|LONG GRAIN RICE
Typically this rice (Basmati rice) is not starchy and sticky. After cooking the grains are firm and loose.
Brown rice is considered to be the healthiest variety. Rice grains are covered with bran layers and contain more B-complex vitamins, iron, calcium, and fiber than polished (white) rice. The brown rice with long grains and chewy texture is the most popular variety.
|SHORT GRAIN RICE
Often called “Pearl Rice” due to its round shape it is characteristically soft, sticky, and chewy. It is usually used for sushi, rice balls, and rice puddings.
Wild rice comes in many delicious varieties. It is often mixed with long grain rice for its firmer texture and rich brown to black color. Wild rice makes wonderful stuffing for poultry, tasty broths and can be mixed with your favorite dried fruits.
SCAN THE QR CODE TO EXPLORE
OUR FULL PRODUCT RANGE.
Voltage Business Centre, Units 1 – 3
6 Mollison Avenue, Enfield, EN3 7XQ
T: 01992 716 070 | F: 01992 700 538
E: [email protected]