StarTech 2 Port USB-C Alt-Mode Compact KVM Switch User Guide
USB-A Ports (x 2)
|Used to connect either a Mouse and/or Keyboard to the Compact KVM Switch. For use with the connected Computers.|
USB-C Ports (x 2)
|Used to connect a Display Device to the Compact KVM Switch.|
Input Switch Button
|Used to switch between the two connected Computers.|
LED Indicators (x 2)
|Solid Blue: Indicates which connected computer is currently selected.|
For the latest requirements, please visit www.startech.com/SV211HDUC
- Keyboard x 1
- Mouse x 1
- Monitor x 1
- Computers (requires compatibility with either Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C with DP Alt Mode) x 2
- Connect a Mouse and/or Keyboard to the USB-A Ports on the Compact KVM Switch.
- Connect an HDMI Cable to the HDMI Output on the Compact KVM Switch and the other end to the HDMI port on the Display Device.
- Connect a USB-C Cable (included) to the USB-C Port on the Compact KVM Switch and to a USB-C Port on one of the Host Computers.
- Repeat step 3 to connect the second Host Computer to the Compact KVM Switch.
Note: The connected Host Computers will power the Compact KVM Switch.
Press the Input Switch Button located on the top of the Compact KVM Switch, to switch between the two connected Computers.
To view manuals, FAQs, videos, drivers, downloads, technical drawings, and more, visit www.startech.com/support.
FCC Compliance Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by StarTech.com could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Industry Canada Statement
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe [B] est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference, and
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Use of Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and other Protected Names and Symbols
This manual may make reference to trademarks, registered trademarks, and other protected names and/or symbols of thirdparty companies not related in any way to StarTech.com. Where they occur these references are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent an endorsement of a product or service by StarTech.com, or an endorsement of the product(s) to which this manual applies by the third-party company in question. StarTech.com hereby acknowledges that all trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, and other protected names and/or symbols contained in this manual and related documents are the property of their respective holders.
This product is backed by a two-year warranty.
For further information on product warranty terms and conditions, please refer to www.startech.com/warranty.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the liability of StarTech.com Ltd. and StarTech.com USA LLP (or their officers, directors, employees or agents) for any damages (whether direct or indirect, special, punitive, incidental, consequential, or otherwise), loss of profits, loss of business, or any pecuniary loss, arising out of or related to the use of the product exceed the actual price paid for the product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. If such laws apply, the limitations or exclusions contained in this statement may not apply to you.
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power
45 Artisans Cres London, Ontario N5V 5E9
2500 Creekside Parkwy Lockbourne, Ohio 43137
Unit B, Pinnacle 15
Gowerton Rd, Brackmills
Northampton NN4 7BW