7.1 Channel USB External Sound Card | SPDIF
FCC Compliance Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Use of Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and other Protected Names and Symbols
This manual may make reference to trademarks, registered trademarks, and other protected names and/or symbols of third-party companies not related in any way to StarTech.com. Where they occur these references are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent an endorsement of a product or service by StarTech.com, or an endorsement of the product(s) to which this manual applies by the third-party company in question. Regardless of any direct acknowledgment elsewhere in the body of this document, StarTech.com hereby acknowledges that all trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, and other protected names and/or symbols contained in this manual and related documents are the property of their respective holders.
To view manuals, videos, drivers, downloads, technical drawings, and more visit www.startech.com/support
• Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
• Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
• Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
• Make sure to assemble this product according to the instructions. Failure to do so might result in personal injury or property damage.
• Never use this product if parts are missing or damaged.
2. Line IN
1. S/PDIF IN Port
2. S/PDIF OUT Port
3. USB-B Port
1. MIC 2 In Port (Left Channel)
2 .MIC 1 In Port (Right Channel)
- USB Audio Adapter x 1
- USB A to B Cable x 1
- Software CD x 1
- User Manual x 1
- An available USB port
- Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000
- Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2003 (32/64)
Connecting an Audio In Device (e.g. Receiver)
- Connect a Toslink Cable to the S/PDIF IN Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to the digit optical output port on an Audio Device.
Notes: The signal only passes through to the S/PDIF OUT.
The S/PDIF optical pass-through port on the Audio Adapter supports two-channel audio, but does not support 5.1 or 7.1 audio.
- Connect a Toslink Cable to the S/PDIF OUT Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to a digital optical input port on an Audio Device.
- Connect the USB-B connector of the USB-A to USB-B Cable (included) to the USB-B Port on the Audio Adapter and connect the USB-A Connector to a USB-A port on the Audio Device.
Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7
- Plug the USB Sound Adapter into an available USB port.
- Place the Driver CD into the CD-ROM drive. Click the Start button on the taskbar and click Run. Type “D:SOUNDCMedia6206setup.exe”. (Assuming you have placed the CD in CD-ROM drive labeled as D).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
- Restart your system. Once you have rebooted the computer, the USB Sound Adapter is now ready to be used.
- The Sound and Audio Devices settings in Control Panel (or the application) may need to be changed to make the USB Sound Adapter the default audio device before it outputs any audio.
Connecting a Peripheral Device
Note: Only one audio input device and one audio output device can be connected to the Audio Adapter at one time.
• Connect the 3.5 mm Audio Cable on a set of Headphones, to the Headphones Port on the Audio Adapter.
• Connect an Audio Cable to the Line In Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to an Audio Source (e.g. tape, CD, DVD Player) for output mixing and/or recording.
• Connect an Audio Cable to the Front Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to an external amplifier.
• Connect an Audio Cable to the Surround Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to an external amplifier while in either 4, 6, or 8 channel mode.
Center/ Bass Speaker
• Connect an Audio Cable to the Center/Back Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to an external amplifier while in either 6 or 8 channel mode.
• Connect an Audio Cable to the Back Out Port on the Audio Adapter and the other end to an external amplifier while in 8 channel mode.
MIC (1) IN
• Connect the Audio Cable on a Microphone, to the Mic 1 In Port on the Audio Adapter (right channel only).
MIC (2) IN
• Connect the Audio Cable on a Microphone, to the Mic 2 In Port on the Audio Adapter (left channel only).
|Volume Mute||Press this button to mute/ un-mute audio outputs.|
|Mic Mute||Press this button to mute/unmute the microphone.|
|Volume (UP, Down)||Increases or decreases audio output volume.|
|Microphone Mute LED||When the microphone inputs are muted, the light will turn on.|
|Power/ Activity LED||The light will be on when the system is powered up. The light will blink when activity is detected|
This product is backed by a two-year warranty.
For further information on product warranty terms and conditions, please refer to www.startech.com/warranty.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall it be the liability of StarTech.com Ltd. and StarTech.com USA LLP (or their officers, directors, employees or agents) for any damages (whether direct or indirect, special, punitive, incidental, consequential, or otherwise), loss of profits, loss of business, or any pecuniary loss, arising out of or related to the use of the product exceed the actual price paid for the product.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. If such laws apply, the limitations or exclusions contained in this statement may not apply to you.
Hard-to-find made easy. At StarTech.com, that isn’t a slogan. It’s a promise.
StarTech.com is your one-stop source for every connectivity part you need. From the latest technology to legacy products — and all the parts that bridge the old and new — we can help you find the parts that connect your solutions.
We make it easy to locate the parts, and we quickly deliver them wherever they need to go. Just talk to one of our tech advisors or visit our website. You’ll be connected to the products you need in no time.
Visit www.startech.com for complete information on all StarTech.com products and to access exclusive resources and time-saving tools. StarTech.com is an ISO 9001 Registered manufacturer of connectivity and technology parts. StarTech.com was founded in 1985 and has operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Taiwan servicing a worldwide market.
Share your experiences using StarTech.com products, including product applications and setup, what you love about the products, and areas for improvement.
45 Artisans Cres.
2500 Creekside Pkwy.
Unit B, Pinnacle
15 Gowerton Rd.,