2 Port USB 2.0 Extender over Cat5e, Cat6, or Cat7 | Locally or Remotely Powered | Up to 330 ft (100 m)
Product Diagram (USB2002EXT2NA)
|1||USB-A Ports||• Used to connect USB Devices (mouse, keyboard,
etc.) to the Remote Extender.
• Solid Blue: The Extenders are receiving power.
• Solid Green: The Extenders are linked.
• Off: The Extenders are not linked.
• Solid: The extender is linked to the Host Computer.
• Flashing: Extenders are in suspend mode. Activity:
• Flashing: Data is transmitted between Extenders.
• Off: Extenders are in a suspended mode.
|3||Mode Button||• Used for firmware management/updates.|
|4||Config Port||• Used for firmware management/updates.|
|5||Power Port 24V 1A (Local/Remote)||• Used to connect the Local and Remote Extender to AC Electrical Outlets, using the Power Adapter (included).|
|6||RJ45 Port – Link (Local/ Remote)||• Used to connect the Local Extender to the Remote Extender.
• Max. data transfer rate = 480Mbps
|7||USB-B Host Port||• Used to connect the Local Extender to a Host Computer, using the USB Cable (included).|
For the latest requirements, please visit www.startech.com/USB2002EXT2NA
- USB Enabled Host Computer
- Solid Core Cat5e unshielded twisted pair (UTP) or greater
- Position the Local Extender near the Host Computer and an AC Electrical Outlet.
- Position the Remote Extender near an AC Electrical Outlet.
- Connect a Cat5e Cable (or better) to the RJ45 Port on the Local Extender and the other end to the RJ45 Port on the Remote Extender.
Note: The Cat5e Cabling cannot go through any networking equipment (router, switch, etc.).
- Connect the USB cable (included) to the USB-B Host Port on the Local Extender and the other end to a USB port on the Host Computer.
- Connect the Power Adapter (included) to the Power Port on either the Local or Remote Extender and the other end to an AC Electrical Outlet.
- Connect USB Devices to the USB-A Ports on the Remote Extender.
FCC Compliance Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by StarTech.com could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. Industry Canada Statement This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Use of Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and other Protected Names and Symbols
This manual may make reference to trademarks, registered trademarks, and other protected names and/or symbols of third-party companies not related in any way to StarTech.com. Where they occur these references are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent an endorsement of a product or service by StarTech.com, or an endorsement of the product(s) to which this manual applies by the third-party company in question. StarTech.com hereby acknowledges that all trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, and other protected names and/or symbols contained in this manual and related documents are the property of their respective holders.
EU Declaration of Conformity
We, StarTech.com, declare under our sole responsibility that the USB2002EXT2NA to which this declaration relates is in conformity with European Standards EN 55024, EN 55032, EN 61000, and RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU + 2015/863/EU.
The European Union has established regulations for the collection and recycling of all waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). Implementation of WEEE regulations may vary slightly by individual EU member states. Please check with your local and state government guidelines for safe disposal and rec.
This product is backed by a two-year warranty. For further information on product warranty terms and conditions, please refer to www.startech.com/warranty.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the liability of StarTech.com Ltd. and StarTech.com USA LLP (or their officers, directors, employees or agents) for any damages (whether direct or indirect, special, punitive, incidental, consequential, or otherwise), loss of profits, loss of business, or any pecuniary loss, arising out of or related to the use of the product exceed the actual price paid for the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. If such laws apply, the limitations or exclusions contained in this statement may not apply to you. Safety Measures
- If the product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
4490 South Hamilton
Unit B, Pinnacle 15