streetwize SWEV3 Type 2 to Type 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Cable
Intention For Use
- Thank you for purchasing this electric vehicle (EV) cable from Streetwize.
- This cable is intended for charging EV vehicles with a Type 2 inlet via a European standard charging station with a Type 2 socket.
- This product is suitable for use with battery electric vehicles (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) that have a Type 2 socket.
BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH ALL THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT. PLEASE KEEP THIS DOCUMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- EV charging cable
- Storage bag
Type 2 to Type 2
Amperage: 32A Charge current: 22kW Triple Phase
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Electrical & Fire Hazard The electric vehicle cable needs to be properly connected to the vehicle charging inlet.
- Incorrect connection can lead to electric shock or fire during charge.
- Only use a fully compliant vehicle charging station You must comply with the safety instructions written in your vehicle manual and in this document
Electrical shock, short circuit, fire, or explosion
- If either the product is damaged/faulty or the socket is damaged/faulty, do not use the product. Failure to comply can lead to either a short-circuit, electrocution, explosion, fire or burns.
- Never use the charging cable if it is damaged.
- Always ensure the cable is properly connected to the socket.
- Operating the cable using a damaged socket can result in a serious injury or fire.
- Never attempt to open the cable’s casing on either end of the cable. Please seek a qualified professional for any servicing or repairs.
- Always use the correct voltage when using the cable.
- Never attempt to modify or repair the electrical component of this product.
- Never touch any of the electric components of the vehicle charging inlet or the electrical vehicle cable.
- Keep sockets, plug connections, and the electric cable away from the moisture, water, snow, ice and other liquid. Do not immerse any of the components of the cable in water.
- Even though the cable does come with an IP55 rating, the health & safety measures outlined in this point are imperative.
- In the event of a thunderstorm, never attempt to charge your vehicle.
- Never insert any object into either the vehicle charging inlet or into the plugs of the cable.
- Only use a dry cloth when cleaning.
- Only clean the cable if it is fully disconnected from both the vehicle and grid socket.
- This charging cable should not be operated by a person(s) who is not familiar with the product’s use or those who have not read this document.
- This product is not a toy and should be kept away from children. If the cable is in use and children are near it, they must be supervised at all times.
- Do not slide the cable over any sharp edges.
- Never kink the charging cable.
- Do not drive over the plug or cable.
- Always handle the cable with care. Never exert any unnecessary force or strain on the cable.
- Do not coil the cables.
- Do not use the cable outside of the operating temperature range from -30oC to 50oC.
Preliminary Measures Prior To Charging
Before using this cable to charge your vehicle, please follow the steps below to ensure safe use of the product.
- Ensure the charging cable is free from damage, rust, and any other abnormality. If it has damage, rust or any other abnormality, please do not use it.
- Check to see if the cable has any moisture. If so, please wipe dry with a clean & dry cloth and allow it to fully dry.
- Make sure you have the correct cable for your vehicle.
- Never use the cable in an environment where there is flammable substances
To use the electric vehicle cable, please follow the instructions below:
- Before using the cable, please refer to your vehicle manual and familiarise yourself with instructions on how to charge your vehicle.
- Completely unravel the charging cable, taking care the cable is fully grounded to prevent tripping over the cable.
- Plug the cable into your vehicle’s charging inlet.
- Then insert the other end of the charging station’s inlet/socket.
- Ensure both plugs are securely in place.
- Please note, that for Type 2 sockets, you can secure them in place using the lock-and-key mechanism. With Type 1 sockets, you can use the latch to secure them in place.
- Once the connection between the power station and the vehicle has been made, you can turn on the power supply at the power station to commence charging.
- You can monitor the charge status either via your vehicle (refer to your vehicle’s manual) or via the charge station.
- Once the charge is complete, turn off the power supply at the power station first.
- Then disconnect the electric vehicle cable from the power station, and then disconnect the cable from your vehicle’s charging inlet.
- Place the cable back into the provided storage bag.
The table below shows the average charge times for our current electric vehicle charging cable range. Please note, the charge times are based on a 24kWh battery being charged to 80%.
|SKU||Cable Type||Ampage||kW||Phase||Suitable For||Charge Time (approx)|
|SWEV1||Type 1 to Type 2||32A||7.4kW||Single Phase||Home charging & charging at public station||2hr 35mins|
|SWEV2||Type 2 to Type 2||32A||7.4kW||Single Phase||Home charging & charging at public station||2hr 35mins|
|SWEV3||Type 2 to Type 2||32A||22kW||3 Phase (Fast)||Commercial||55mins|
|SWEV4||Type 2 to UK 3Pin||10A||3.7kW||Single Phase||Home Charging||5hrs 15mins|
|SWEV5||Type 1 to Type 2||16A||3.7kW||Single Phase||Home charging via personal charging station||5hrs 15mins|
|SWEV6||Type 2 to Type 2||16A||3.7kw||Single Phase||Charging at public station||5hrs 15mins|
Maintenance & Care
- Electrical & Fire Hazard Only clean the product with a dry cloth. Do not use any cleaning agents or flammable solvents, such as alcohol or benzene.
The disposal of decommissioned devices must be in accordance with the applicable country-specific and regional laws and guidelines. Equipment and batteries must never be disposed of with domestic waste.
- Decommissioned equipment must be placed in a collection facility for electronic waste or disposed of via your dealer
- Dispose of the packing material in the respective collection bins for cardboard, paper, and plastics.
- If you require any technical support for your product within the warranty period, please contact us at support @streetwizeaccessories.com and provide the product name and supplier code (see Technical Specifications) along with the technical query and proof of purchase.
|Product||Streetwize Type 2 to Type 2 32A EV Charging Cable|
|Application Standard||IEC 62196|
|Terminal Temperature Rise||<50K|
|Contact Resistance||0.5mΩ Max|
|Mechanical Life||no-load plug in/out >10000 times|
|Coupled Insertion Force||45N<F<100N|
|Impact of External||can afford 1M drop and 2T vehicle run over press|
|Environmental Performance||Operating Temperature||-30˚C to +50˚C|
|Case Material||Thermoplastic, flame retardant grade UL94 V-0|
|Terminal||Copper Alloy, Silver Plating|
2016 No. 1101 The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 2016 No. 1091 The Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016 2012 No. 3032 The Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012
2014/35/EU2014/30/EU 2011/65/EU + (EU)2015/863IEC 62196-1 Plugs, socket-outlets, vehicle connectors and vehicle inlets – Conductive charging of electric vehicles IEC 62196-2 Plugs, socket-outlets, vehicle connectors and vehicle inlets – Conductive charging of electric vehicles