Sunbeam- MSU1GQS-N000-11A00- Heated- Mattress -Pad
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS DO NOT DESTROY
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons. Misuse or failure to follow these warnings and instructions may cause overheating, fire, personal injury, including burn injuries and/or property damage:
- Be sure to read carefully all instructions before using this heated product.
- Do not use this heated product with an infant, child, incapacitated or immobile person, paraplegic or quadriplegic, a diabetic, anyone insensitive to heat, such as a person with poor blood circulation, or anyone who cannot clearly understand the instructions and/or operate the controls.
- Do not tuck in, pinch, flex or expose the wired heating area of this heated product.
- Do not route electrical cords between the mattress and box spring. Do not allow the cords to be pinched. Do not use with damaged cords. Damaged cords can lead to overheating or fire.
- Keep the control away from drafty areas that may become damp or wet such as an open window.
- Do not use pins or other metallic means – They may damage the electric wiring.
- Do not use if wet. If a spill occurs, turn heated product off, unplug, and dry before re-using.
- Controller is not waterproof. Do not immerse in water or other liquids.
- e sure that this heated product is used only on an AC supply circuit of the proper voltage. Do not use with an extension cord. Do not use with generators, power converters or inverters.
- Turn off or unplug this heated product when not in use.
- Excessive heating may result from folding or bunching this heated product while in use.
- Examine the heated product, cord and controller before each use for signs of wear or damage. If improper operation, wear or damage is observed, discontinue its use immediately, unplug it, and call Sunbeam Consumer Care in the U.S. at 800-892-7684, or in Canada at 800-667-8623.
- For throw blankets and back/body pads only: Do not use with rocking chairs, recliners, chairs with casters or wheels, or other furniture subject to movement.
- Do not use this heated product on a waterbed, bunk bed, mechanically adjustable bed or a child’s crib/bed.
- Do not use in conjunction with another electrically heated product.
- Do not tuck in the supply cord or control in a sofa or other furniture.
- All portions of this heated product should be visible at all times.
- Wrapping of cord around the controller may damage the cord.
- Loop loosely when storing. Allow to cool before storing and do not crease by placing items on top of it. Store in the original packaging, in a cool, dark, dry place.
- Do not dry clean this heated product. Cleaning solvents may damage the insulation of the heating element. Improper laundering may cause problems with the heating wire, which can lead to fire.
- Keep all dogs, cats and other pets away from this heated product. This is an electrical appliance that they can damage or be injured by.
- If provided with a detachable controller, use only with the provided controller.
- Do not use this heated product with analgesic creams, liniments, salve or ointment preparations. Skin burns could result.
- Check with your healthcare provider before using with a pacemaker or any medical devices.
- Not for hotel, motel, hospital or other institutional use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
NORTH AMERICAN MODELS WITH POLARIZED PLUGSPOLARIZED PLUG
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. If the plug fits loosely into the AC outlet or if the AC outlet feels warm do not use that outlet.
Do not plug main power cord into the wall outlet until you have completely set up your heated product per the instructions.
- Disconnect power cord from wall before detaching control from heated product.
- Always make sure cords and controls are NOT trapped or pinched between bed slats, mattress, springs, against wall, foot board or bed frame, or between furniture, walls or chairs.
FOR USE WITH SUNBEAM® HEATED BEDDING PRODUCTS
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE.
If you have any questions while setting up or using your product, please visit us on the World Wide Web at: www.sunbeam.ca and www.sunbeambedding.com or contact Sunbeam Consumer Care in the U.S. at (800) 892-7684 or in Canada at (800) 667-8623.
HEATED BLANKET AND MATTRESS PAD SETUP:
- Place on bed with label at foot of bed facing out
- Connect the cord into the module at the bottom of the heated blanket/ mattress pad until the plastic hinges click into place.
- Cord must be COMPLETELY CONNECTED. A risk of fire could result from a loose connection.
- Run the Control Cord on the floor under the bed.
- Plug Power Cord into wall.
- Do not use with generator power or inventor.
USING YOUR HEATED BLANKET AND MATTRESS PAD CONTROL FEATURES: Using Your Control:
- To turn the control on, press the “On/Off” button.
- To turn the heated blanket OFF, press the “On/Off” button.
ALWAYS turn the heated blanket “OFF” when not in use.
The “Auto-Off” feature is designed for conservation of energy by automatically turning your blanket off after 10 hours of continuous use.
After a power outage, the “Auto-Off” feature automatically resets the timer.
For Dual Controls
Each control operates independently and will turn off 10 hours after the control is turned “On”.
To restart all heated products after a power failure
Press the power button and the heated product will begin to warm.
CARE AND CLEANING OF YOUR HEATED BEDDING PRODUCT
Do not dry clean. Do not use bleach. Do not use wringer. Do not iron. Do not immerse control or cord in water or other liquids. Do not use mothballs or sprays of any kind. Do not reconnect the heated product until it is completely dry.We recommend washing before initial use.
BEFORE WASHING OR STORING YOUR HEATED BEDDING PRODUCT
- Disconnect power cord from wall BEFORE detaching control cord from the heated product.
- Ensure that no cords are still connected and none of the wires have worn through the fabric.
- Carefully follow all washing instructions or your heated product may shrink and possibly cause a fire hazard.
- Machine wash in cold water, gentle cycle or hand wash.
- Do not use commercial dryers or the dryers at your local laundromat. They get too hot and would damage the wiring of the heated product.
- Tumble dry low, delicate cycle or hang to dry (see instructions below).
- Remove the blanket/mattress pad while still damp and gently stretch to its original size.
- Drape the heated product over a clothesline or a shower rod. DO NOT use clothespins
- Heated product must be COMPLETELY dry before reconnecting the power plug or control plug.
HANG TO DRY
- While still damp, gently stretch the blanket/mattress pad back to its original size.
- Drape the heated product over a clothesline or hang over a shower rod. DO NOT use clothespins.
- Heated product must be COMPLETELY dry before reconnecting the power plug or control plug.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Sunbeam’s limitation of liability Sunbeam Products, Inc or in Canada Newell Brands Canada ULC (collectively, “Sunbeam”) shal not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express, implied or statutory warranty or condition. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in duration to the warranty set forth at www.sunbeam.ca/heatedbedding/instructionmanuals. Sunbeam disclaims all other warranties, conditions or representations, express, implied, statutory or otherwise. Sunbeam shall not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the purchase, use or misuse of, or inability to use the product including incidental, special, consequential or similar damages or loss of profits, or for any breach of contract, fundamental or otherwise, or for any claim brought against purchaser by any other party. Some provinces, states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from province to province, state to state or jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For product questions contact customer service at 1 (800) 667 8623.
Scan for operating instructions, and warranty details.
How to scan QR Code:
- Open your camera app or QR Code scanning app.
- Position your phone so the QR Code appears in the viewfinder.
- Link will appear at the top.Or you can visit: www.sunbeam.ca/heatedbedding/instructionmanuals © 2020 Sunbeam Products, Inc. All rights reserved. Imported and distributed by Newell Brands Canada ULC, 20B Hereford St, Brampton, Otario L6Y 0M1.