SVEN MS-2250 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System
Congratulations on your purchase of the Sven speaker system!
© SVEN PTE. LTD. Version 2.0 (03.11.2021). This Manual and information contained in it are copyrighted. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are the property of their legal holders.
NOTICE OF RESPONSIBILITY RESTRICTION
Despite the exerted efforts to make this Manual more exact, some discrepancies may occur. The information in this Manual is given on «as is» terms. The author and the publisher do not bear any liability to a person or an organization for loss or damage which has arisen from the information contained in this Manual.
- Unpack the device carefully. Make sure there are no accessories left in the box. Check up the device for damage; if the product was damaged during transportation, address the firm which carried out the delivery; if the product functions incorrectly address the dealer at once.
- Check up the package contents and availability of the warranty card. Make sure the warranty card has a shop stamp, a legible signature or the seller’s stamp and purchase date, and the goods number corresponds to that in the warranty card. Remember: in case of warranty card loss or discrepancy of numbers you forfeit the right for warranty repairs.
- Do not switch on the speaker system immediately after you bring it into a room from the environment with a negative temperature! After unpacking, the speaker system should be kept in conditions of room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- Before installing and using the speaker system, read this manual carefully and keep it for future reference.
- Shipping and transportation equipment is permitted only in the original container.
- Does not require special conditions for realization.
- Dispose of in accordance with regulations for the disposal of household and computer equipment.
- The date of manufacture of the product is indicated on the box.
- Subwoofer — 1 pc
- Satellites — 2 pcs
- Remote control (RC) — 1 pc
- Audio cables — 2 pcs
- 2RCA to mini-jack signal cable — 1 pc
- AAA type batteries — 2 pcs
- Antenna wire — 1 pc
- Satellite wall-mounting sets — 2 pcs
- Operation manual — 1 pc
- Warranty card — 1 pc
Caution! High voltage inside! To avoid the risk of electric shock do not open or touch elements inside.
- To avoid electric shock, do not open the MSS and do not perform repairs by yourself. Service and repairs should be performed only by qualified specialists in an authorized service center. The list of authorized service centers is available on www.sven.fi.
- Do not allow the circuit of wires (including the grounded ones) between the speakers, on the pow-er amplifier or the ground, for it causes damage to the power amplifier output stage.
- Do not touch the MSS power cord plug pins for 2 seconds after unplugging it from the mains.
- Do not put foreign objects inside the holes of the MSS.
- Protect the MSS from high humidity, water and dust.
- Protect the MSS from heating: do not place it closer than 1 m from a heat source. Do not expose it to direct sunlight.
- Do not place any open flame sources on or close to MSS.
- Do not place the MSS in poorly ventilated areas. Leave an air gap of 10 cm or more. When operating the MSS, do not put any devices on it, do not cover it with cloth or other objects preventing it from cooling.
- Do not use any chemical agents for cleaning. Clean it with dry soft cloth only.
MS-2250 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System (MSS) is designed to play music and sound games, movies, etc. The MSS has a built-in power amplifier and audio cables allowing to connect it to virtually any audio source (CD/DVD-player, TV, PC, etc.) without using an additional power amplifier. The MSS has a built-in FM radio, Bluetooth module, audio player and a clock. Remote control is included.
- Speaker system is compatible with PCs, DVD/Media-players, mobile devices and other sound sources.
- Wireless Bluetooth signal transmission.
- Built-in FM radio and clock.
- Digital LED display.
- Built-in player for audio files from external storage devices.
- USB flash port and SD card slot.
- Two switchable inputs.
- Remote control.
- StandBy, Mute and Sleep modes.
- Adjustable display brightness.
Subwoofer control panels
- LED display.
- INPUT: input switch, PC/AUX/FM/Player/Bluetooth mode switch (pressed short).
- VOL-/СН-/ : previous track (pressed short in the Player and Bluetooth mode); previous station* (pressed short in the Tuner mode); volume/timbre down (pressed long).
- TIMBRE: bass/treble selection (pressed short in any mode).
- ST-BY/AUTO/ : play/pause (pressed short in the Player and Bluetooth mode); start/stop auto scan (pressed short in the Tuner mode); Standby mode (pressed long in any mode); disconnect from device (long pressing in Blue-tooth mode).
- VOL+/СН+/ : next track (pressed short in the Player and Bluetooth mode); next sta-tion* (pressed short in the Tuner mode); vol-ume/timbre up (pressed long).
- SD/MMC CARD: slot for SD/MMC cards** containing МР3 audio files.
- USB: slot for a USB flash device** con-taining МР3 audio files.
- ON/OFF: power switch (see Fig. 3).
- Power cord.
- RADIO ANT: radio antenna input jack.
- PC AUDIO INPUT: PC input jack.
- AUX AUDIO INPUT: line input jack.
- AUDIO OUTPUT: satellite output terminals.
- INPUT: the MSS mode selection.
- TREBLE-/+: treble level up/down.
- TUNE+/-: manual band scanning (in the Radio mode).
- CH-/ : previous track (pressed short in the Player mode) previous station** (pressed short in the Radio mode).
- BASS-/+: bass level up/down.
- SW+/-: subwoofer volume level control.
- 0-9: numeric pad.
- REPEAT: player operation mode selection.
- RESET: return to default settings.
- CLOCK: current time display.
- VOL+/-: volume level control.
- SET: current time setting.
- CH+/ : next track (pressed short in the Player mode);next station** (pressed short in the Radio mode).
- /AUTO: Play/Pause ( pressed short in the Player mode); auto scan start/stop (pressed long in the Radio mode); disconnect from device (long pressing in Bluetooth mode).
- MUTE: sound on/off button; display brightness adjust-ment (in ST-BY mode).
- SLEEP: Sleep mode selection.
- : On/Off button.
- SAVE: memorize selected frequency (in the Radio mode).
- The storage device must be formatted as FAT, FAT32. Mem- ory cards SDHC class 10 or less can be used. Connection of external hard disks other than USB flash drive is not recommended, otherwise, it can cause MSS damage.
- The feature is available if stations have been present in the memory.
- Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote control.
- Insert the included AAA batteries.
- Close the battery compartment.
Notes. Use the RC at an angle no more than 30° at a distance of no more than 7 meters. Direct the remote control at the LED display on the subwoofer. If the remote control does not work, check the batteries or replace the discharged batteries with new ones. Remove the batteries from the RC if you don’t intend to use it for a long time.
PREPARATION AND OPERATION
- Place the speakers symmetrically to the listener at least one meter away. The subwoofer emits non-directional sound, therefore it can be located in any place of the room where it sounds the best.
- Place MSS far away from monitors and TV sets, as insignificant image distortion in these su-persensitive devices is possible.
Installation and operation
MS-2250 speaker system can be connected to virtually any audio device: DVD/CD players, PCs, laptops, etc.
- Before making any connections, make sure the MSS is off and unplugged. Then connect speakers to the subwoofer AUDIO OUTPUT L/R n terminals with the help of included audio cables. Observing the polarity connect the right speaker to the subwoofer AUDIO OUTPUT R with the audio cable and the left speaker — to the AUDIO OUTPUT L. Pay attention that the plus (red) cable wires of speakers must be connected to the subwoofer plus terminals (+ +) and the minus (black) cable wires of speakers — to the subwoofer minus terminals (– –) (see connection diagram in Fig. 5). Note. Check the reliable fixation of wires in the terminals, polarity of connection and absence of contact of the bared wires with each other and the metal parts of the hardware.
- To connect the MSS to a PC, МР3/CD player, use a 2RCA to mini-jack signal cable (included). Insert the RCA jacks of the signal cable into the L and R jacks of the PC AUDIO INPUT l, and the mi-ni-jack of the signal cable — into the LINE OUT port of your PC sound card or audio output of your МР3/ CD player, as shown in Fig. 5.
- To connect the MSS to a TV or DVD/CD player, use a 2RCA to 2RCA signal cable (not included). Insert the RCA jacks of the signal cable into the L and R jacks of the PC AUDIO INPUT l, and the other RCA jacks — into your TV or DVD/CD player audio output jacks, as shown in Fig. 5.
- Connect the subwoofer to the mains outlet with the power cord j.
- Turn on the MSS power supply using the ON/OFF switch (i, ON) on the subwoofer rear panel.
- Turn on the MSS with button e on the front panel or button q on the remote control.
- Select a signal source using the INPUT b button on the control panel or remote control button a on the remote control.
- Adjust the master volume as desired with VOL- c and VOL+ f buttons on the control panel or with the VOL+/- k button on the remote control.
- Adjust the bass and treble level using the TIMBRE d and c, f buttons on the control panel or the BASS+/- e and TREBLE+/- b buttons on the remote control.
- To adjust the subwoofer volume, use the SW+/- f buttons on the remote control.
- To listen to the radio, connect the antenna to the RADIO ANT k jack (see Fig. 5) and adjust it for better reception.
- After using the MSS, mind to switch it off using the ON/OFF switch (i, OFF position) and unplug the power cord j from the socket.
The system will automatically enter the Player mode when a USB device is connected to the USB port h or an SD card is inserted into the corresponding slot g; or press the INPUT b button on the front panel or button an on the remote control. The display a will show the selected mode, then the number of the tracks found and the number of the track played, and then the play-back time elapsed. The files will automatically start playing. The playing device symbol will show on the display as well.
- To select the track, you can enter its number on the remote control using the numeric pad buttons g or select it using buttons c and f on the front panel. The display will show the tracking number for a short moment, and then the playback time elapsed.
- You can select a playback mode using the remote control REPEAT k button («ONE» — repeat the playing track; «RND» — play random tracks; «ALL» — play all tracks available).
- The MSS operation may be incorrect if an SD card of 512 Mb capacity or lower is used. If a USB flash device of 8 Gb capacity or more is used, command processing time may be extended.
- In order to transmit signal in this mode it is necessary by first to connect the device with a signal source (see Fig. 5). For this purpose select the Bluetooth mode using button b on the front panel of the subwoofer or INPUT button an on the remote control. After 2-3 seconds the speaker system will enter the search mode, BLU mode is shown on the display a.
- It is necessary to select the search mode of devices with Bluetooth on a signal source (telephone, notebook, smartphone, etc.). “MS-2250” message will be displayed on the screen which it should be connected with*.
- The BLU indicator lights continuously when the connection is successful. If there is no any connection, the lighting of the BLU indicator is intermittent. In this case the system should be switched over to the search mode once again (to turn off and turn on anew)**.
- It is possible to control the player of a signal source from the remote control or use the button on the front panel of the subwoofer when connecting to a signal source.
- You might have to enter the “0000” code to connect some models of devices via Bluetooth. If an item has been already registered in the device list of a source, then the second search mode activation is not obligatory. Choose only the item name and the “connect” command on the source.
- To switch to the Tuner mode, use the INPUT b button on the front panel or INPUT button an on the remote control.
- To auto scan and memorize the found stations, press button e on the front panel or the AUTO n button on the remote control short. To stop auto scanning, press this button again before the scanning is over. The display a will show the frequency being scanned. When the channel is being memorized, the display shows its number for a short moment.
- For manual scanning, use buttons TUNE-/+ c on the remote control (up/down the frequency range). To save the selected station, press the SAVE r button on the remote control and then, using buttons c and f on the front panel or buttons d and m on the remote control, assign the station its number and press the SAVE button again. When the station has been memorized, the display will write “Good”.
- If preset stations are available in the memory, you can switch from one to another by short pressing buttons c, f on the front panel or buttons d, m on the remote control. You can also enter the frequency or the number of the preset station with the remote control numeric pad buttons g. The display will show the station number for a short moment and then its frequency. The radio will tune to the set frequency within 2-3 seconds.
- To switch to the AUX/PC mode, press the INPUT b button on the front panel or button INPUT a on the remote control, the MSS switched on. The display a will show AUX or PC.
- When the MSS is in the ST-BY mode, the display a shows the current time. When the system is in a different mode, to see the time, use the CLOCK j button on the remote control. The cur-rent time will show for 3-5 seconds.
- To set the current time, go to the ST-BY mode by pressing button e on the front panel or button q on the remote control long. To enter the time setting mode, press the SET l button on the remote control (the corresponding position will start blinking on the display a). Set the minutes and hours directly from the RC numeric pad or using buttons c, f on the front panel or d, m on the RC. To switch between setting hours/minutes and to exit the setting mode, press the RC SET l button short.
- To enter/exit this mode, press and hold down button e on the front panel or button q on the RC. When the MSS is in the ST-BY mode, the display shows the current time.
- The SLEEP mode enables to switch over the device in the ST-BY mode after a lapse of time chosen by a user. Press button p on the remote control to enter the SLEEP mode. To leave the SLEEP mode, press button p on the remote control once again, while there is “0” character on the display.
- To enter the MUTE mode, press button o on the remote control. To exit the MUTE mode, press this button again.
Note. Due to the constant development of the software, the actual MSS operation may differ from that described in this manual. The most recent version of the manual is available at www.sven.fi.
does not turn on.
|The MSS isn’t connected
to a mains outlet.
|Check the connection.|
|The power switch is off.||Turn on the switch.|
or the sound
is too quiet.
|Volume level is set at a minimum value.||Adjust the volume control knob.|
|Improperly connected audio source.||Connect the audio sources correctly.|
|Large amplitude of the input signal.||Turn down the source volume and the MSS volume.|
|The remote control
is not working.
|The batteries are discharged||Replace the batteries with new ones.|
If none of the above methods can solve the problem, please seek professional advice at your nearest service center. Never attempt to repair the product yourself.
|Parameter, the measurement unit||Value|
|Output power (RMS), W: subwoofer
|80 (50 + 2 × 15)
2 × 15
|Frequency response, Hz: subwoofer
|Speaker diameter, mm: subwoofer
Ø 37 + Ø 80
|Power supply, V/Hz||~230/50 ⧈|
|Rated current consumption, A||0.1|
|Dimensions, mm: subwoofer
satellites (one speаker)
|198 × 345 × 305
120 × 216 × 103
Notes. Technical specifications given in this table are supplemental information and cannot give occasion to claims. Technical specifications and package contents are subject to change without notice due to the improvement of SVEN production.
Importer: Tiralana OY, Office 102, Kotolahden- tie 15, 48310 Kotka, Finland.
Manufacturer: SVEN PTE. LTD, 176 Joo Chiat Road, № 02-02, Singapore, 427447. Produced under the control of Oy Sven Scan-dinavia Ltd. 15, Kotolahdentie, Kotka, Finland, 48310. Made in China.