SWAGTRON Swagger 3 Electric Scooter
Before operating this vehicle, please read all instructions. This manual will guide you through the functions, usage, and proper care of your Swagger 3. If you have any questions or cannot find the information you need in the manual, please contact your place of purchase or our customer service at 1-844-299-0625. Before contacting customer service, please have your purchase information ready as this may be needed during the call. This information may be recorded below.
It is important that you follow all safety warnings that appear throughout this manual and exercise good judgment when using your Swagger 3 scooter. Consult this manual before attempting to ride.
Within this manual, “the Swagger 3”, “your Swagger 3”, “your scooter” and “the scooter” refer to the Swagger 3 Electric Scooter. The Swagger 3 is a personal scooter that uses electrical power. By riding the Swagger 3 scooter, the user
acknowledges and accepts responsibility for all risks associated with the use of the scooter which may include, but are not limited to, muscle injuries, broken bones, lacerations, serious injury, and possible death, which may be sustained while using the Swagger 3.
To better ensure your safety, ALWAYS USE APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE GEAR, read and follow all instructions and warnings in the User Manual.
Appropriate protective gear should include an ASTM F1492, F1447, F1492, Snell B-90A, B-95, N-942, or CPSC
approved helmet and other gear including knee and elbow pads.
Use the Swagger 3 at your own risk. SWAGTRON shall not be held responsible for accidents due to poor judgment.
When reading this manual, note these icons:
- Notes with this icon MUST be read, understood, and obeyed to prevent injury or damage, etc.
- Notes with this icon include relevant information.
- Properly dispose of all packaging material. Some items may be packed in plastic bags or material and may cause
- suffocation or injury to pets or children.
- Verify that all parts of the product are accounted for. If any part is missing, call customer service.
- If any ports or cables or surrounding parts are damaged, do not use the product.
- Never insert objects into the product other than the cables etc. as described in this manual.
- If the product is to be used by children, the caregiver should explain the contents of the user manual to the children.
- The caregiver should provide adequate supervision to ensure that the device is being used as explained in the user manual.
- Use only the parts included in the original packaging or received from the manufacturer.
- Risk of shock. Do not allow water and/or liquids to come in contact with any part of the product.
- Use dry, non-abrasive cloth to remove debris or dust. Do not spray liquids onto the product.
- Never submerge the product or any of the product’s components and/or accessories into water.
- Do not ride over stairs.
- Do not allow more than one person on the scooter at a time.
- The product shall only be used as described in this manual.
- Cover the product to protect it from dust. Do not store in a dusty environment as, with all electronic devices, this may cause damage over time.
- WARNING: RISK OF FIRE – No user serviceable parts
Disposal at End-of-Life
This product must not be disposed of by incineration, landfilling, or mixing with household trash. Improper disposal of the battery contained within this product may result in the battery heating up, rupturing, or igniting which may cause serious injury. The substances contained inside the battery present chemical risks to the environment. The recommended disposal for SWAGTRON® Swagger 3 Electric Scooter at its end-of-life is to dispose of the entire unit at or through an e-waste recycling center, program, or facility. Local regulations and laws pertaining to the recycling and disposal of lithium-ion batteries and/or products containing them will vary according to country, state, and local governments. You must check laws and regulations corresponding to where you live in order to dispose of the battery and/or unit properly. It is the user’s responsibility to dispose of their waste equipment properly in accordance with local regulations and laws.
For additional information about where you should drop off your batteries and electrical or electronic waste, please contact your local or regional waste management office, your household waste disposal service, or your point-of-sale.
|Opened Size||41.3 x 17 x 35.4 in (1050 x 420 x 900 mm)|
|Folded Size||15 x 17 x 35.4 in (380 x 420 x 900 mm)|
|Weight||Vehicle Weight||23 lbs / 10.5 kg|
|Riding Requirements||Max. Load||220 lbs / 100 kg|
|Suitable Terrain||Hard Surfaces, Flat roads, Inclines under 25°|
|Working Temp.||77°F / 25°C|
|Storage Temp.||14°F to 122°F / -10°C to 50°C|
|Performance||Speed||Up to 25 km/h / 15.5 mph, based on terrain|
|Range||Up to 14.2 mile / 22.85 km|
|Tires||Front Tires||Hard Rubber; Motorized|
|Rear Tire||Hard Rubber; Passive|
|Management||Balance, Over-charge, Under-voltage, Overheating automatic shutoff|
|Voltage||36V 6 Ah|
|Watt Hours||216 Wh|
|Input Voltage||AC100-240V 50/60Hz 2A|
|Output Voltage||DC 42V 1.5A|
|Charging Time||~ 3 hours|
|Manufactured By||SHENZHEN HANI ENERGY TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
6FLOOR,1 BUILDING, XINTAIYANG INDUSETRY, SHUITIAN, CONMUNITY, SHIYAN SHENZHEN CITY
PARTS & FEATURES
What’s in the Box?
- 1 x Swagger 3 Scooter
- 1 x Charger
- 2 x Handles
- 1 x User Manual
Swagger 3 Diagram
- Folding Latch
- Front Fender
- Front Motorized Wheel
- Rear Wheel
- Charging Port
- USB Port
- Control Panel
The Swagger 3’s display features several different elements. Be sure you understand these before attempting to ride.
Power: Press and hold approx. 3~5 seconds to turn the scooter on/off. Quick press to check the battery level.
Cruise Control : Press to turn cruise control on/off. Maintain speed for ~5 seconds to use this feature.
MODE: Press to switch between modes 1, 2, and 3. Each gear has different speed. Gear 1’s max. is 4.3mph, Gear 2’s is 9.3mph, and Gear 3’s is 15.5mph.
Headlight: Press to turn the headlight on/off.
This icon indicates how much battery life you have left.
Speedometer: These numbers indicate the current speed. Readings are measured in mph.
MODE 1, 2, 3: Displays the current speed mode.
- This icon indicates cruise control’s status i.e. on/off.
- This icon indicates the headlight’s status i.e. on/off.
- Gear speeds are approximate. Actual speed may vary due to terrain, rider weight, and/or other factors.
- When the battery level is low, stop riding, turn off the scooter, and fully recharge it before riding again.
FOLDING & ASSEMBLY
Make sure the Swagger 3 is turned off before working with any of its parts. The scooter comes mostly assembled within the package. Some minor assembly is required before riding. All parts and tools are included.
Assembling the Handlebars
Before installing the handlebars, please check each for a small letter to indicate which side of the scooter the handle should be attached to. L is for the left side while R is for the right side. Screw in each handle and make sure everything is securely attached.
Standing the Scooter
- Locate the kickstand on the side of the scooter’s deck.
2. Push the kickstand down and away from the scooter then carefully lean the weight of the scooter onto the kickstand.
Folding & Unfolding the Scooter
- Pull the folding latch down to loosen tension on the stem. Next, pull the stem down towards the deck.
- Make sure the key screw on the handlebars locks into the keyhole on the rear fender.
- To unfold the scooter, gently pull out the key screw from the rear fender keyhole, then pull up the stem away from the deck. When the stem is fully unfolded, it will automatically lock back into place.
Before moving, lifting, or otherwise transporting the scooter, ensure it is turned off.
Charge the scooter before using it.
How to Charge
Step 1. Ensure the scooter is turned off before charging and remains off while charging.
Step 2. Locate the charging port below the USB port on the scooter’s stem and remove the cap if needed.
Step 3. Use the charger and the charging port to connect the scooter to an outlet.
Step 4. While the scooter is charging, the adapter’s indicator light will turn red.
If charging for the first time, charge the scooter for at least 3 hours before using it.
Step 5. When the scooter is fully recharged, the adapter’s indicator light will turn green. You may then disconnect the scooter from the charger.
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, use the scooter while it is connected to the charger.
- Do not charge longer than necessary. Standard charging time is approx. 3 hours. Charging longer than this may affect battery life and/or performance.
- To maximize the battery life, charge it once every other month or every couple days after riding.
|Charging Time||~3 hours|
|Weight||3.5 lbs / 1.6kg|
|Dimensions||15.8 x 1.7 x 2.6 in / 402 x 42 x 67 mm|
|Operating Temp.||14°F to 104°F / -10°C to 40°C|
|Charging Temp.||41°F to 113°F / 5°C to 45°C|
|Storage Temp.||-4°F to 122°F / -20°C to 50°C|
|Management||Balance, Over-charge, Under-voltage, Overheating automatic shutoff|
Read the following information before attempting to ride your Swagger 3.
- An ASTM F1492-approved helmet as well as other protective gear must be worn at all times.
- The Swagger 3 supports up to 220 lbs / 100 kg. Do not carry passengers.
- Only operate the Swagger 3 where permitted. Local laws may restrict where you may ride.
NOTE: The Swagger 3 contains a motor and may be classified as a motor vehicle under local laws in your area. It is your responsibility to abide by any local laws restricting how or where you may ride.
How to Ride
Assuming you have equipped suitable protective gear and that the Swagger 3 has been placed on a level surface, is charged, and does not have any issues, follow the steps below. For your safety, please read this entire section before
attempting to ride.
Step 1. Carefully step on with one foot and stand upright but relaxed. Grab both handles.
Step 2. Keep one foot on the ground and kick off to begin accelerating manually. Use the handles to steer.
Step 3. Start your Swagger 3 by pressing the power button, and continue accelerating by pushing the trottle.
Step 4. To stop, release the throttle and use the handbrake, footbrake, or both to gradually coast to a stop then step off the scooter one foot at a time. Be extra cautious when dismounting for the first time.
Step 5. To turn the scooter off, remain at a complete stop for a few seconds and press and hold the power button for 3~5 seconds.
The display shows how much charge is left in the battery. Make sure the battery is at full power before heading out on a long distance ride.
Practice until you are comfortable with using all of the scooter’s functions. See the following tips below.
- Avoid wearing anything that can drape over or get caught into/under the wheels. Wear closed-toe, flat shoes to maintain flexibility and stability.
- Practice until you can easily get on, move forward, turn, stop, and dismount with ease.
- The scooter is designed to handle inclines up to 8°. Riding over steep inclines is not recommended.
- The Swagger 3 is designed for relatively smooth, flat terrain.
- Until you are comfortable using the scooter, avoid operating in places with slopes, pedestrians, or obstacles.
WARNING: Do not perform any maintenance when the power is on, or the battery is charging.
After each ride, especially if you have traveled a long distance, inspect your scooter.
- Inspect the brakes to make sure that is working properly.
- Make sure all screws and bolts are taut and properly fastened to prevent injury and unnecessary wear and tear.
Tire wear and tear is normal. The rate at which the tires deteriorate depends on riding style i.e. casual riding may yield minimal wear while performance and/or heavy drifting may yield excessive wear. To purchase tire replacements and/or for questions about your scooter’s parts, please visit our website.
The Swagger 3 may need cleaning after riding for extended periods of time.
- Completely power off the scooter before cleaning.
- Use dry, non-abrasive cloth to gently remove debris or dust.
- The Swagger 3 may not come in contact with it in any kind of liquid.
- Never use alcohol or ammonia-based cleaning solutions.
- Never spray liquid directly onto any part of the scooter.
To store the Swagger 3, see the following information below.
- Before storing, fully charge the Swagger 3 to prevent battery over-discharge due to non-use.
- If storing for more than one month, discharge and recharge the battery every three months.
- Cover the Swagger 3 to protect it from dust. Do not store in a dusty environment as, with all electronic devices, this may cause damage over time.
- Do not store in an unheated garage, shed, or other location with extreme temperature fluctuations.
Before moving, lifting, or otherwise transporting the scooter, turn it off. Fold the scooter (see Section 3.3 for instructions) and pull the scooter along as you move, if needed.
Your SWAGTRON® Swagger 3 Electric Scooter (“Product”) includes a One Year Limited Hardware Warranty (“Warranty”). The Warranty covers product defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. This Warranty is limited to residents of the United States and Canada only and is available only to original purchasers. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This Warranty starts on the date of your purchase and lasts for one year (the “Warranty Period”). The Warranty Period is not extended if the Product is repaired or replaced. We may change the availability of this limited warranty at our discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
Warranty services are provided by SWAGTRON®. If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, SWAGTRON® will: (1) repair the hardware defect by using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; or (2) exchange the Product with a product that is new or refurbished which is substantially equivalent to the original product. This Warranty is for one replacement only of like-items and does not cover items out of production if the product is no longer made or stocked. This Warranty is not assignable or transferable. The original purchaser may call SWAGTRON®’s toll-free number at 1-844-299-0625 for service requests.
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes SWAGTRON®’s property. This warranty only covers technical hardware defectiveness during the warranty period and under normal use conditions. SWAGTRON® does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to: (a) transportation; (b) storage; (c) improper use; (d) failure to follow the product instructions or to perform any preventive maintenance; (e) modifications; (f) unauthorized repair; (g) normal wear and tear; or (h) external causes such as accidents, abuse, or other actions or events beyond our reasonable control.
Important: Do not disassemble the Product. Disassembling the Product will void this Warranty. Only SWAGTRON® or a party expressly authorized by SWAGTRON® should perform service on this Product.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. OUR LIABILITY SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, NOR SHALL WE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY.