Hi! Let’s get started.
DO NOT RETURN TO THE STORE
WE ARE READY TO HELP contact us ﬁrst with any questions
TAKE CARE WHEN REMOVING THE TV
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK.
DO NOT OPEN.
This symbol indicates that this product incorporates double insulation between hazardous main voltage and user-accessible parts. When servicing, use only identical replacement parts.
This symbol indicates “dangerous voltage” inside the product that presents a risk of electric shock or personal injury.
This symbol indicates important instructions accompanying the product.
To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. This product should not be exposed to dripping
or splashing. No objects ﬁlled with liquids, such as vases, should be placed on the apparatus.
The TV is unstable if it is not properly attached to the base or mounted to the wall. Please follow the base or wall mounting instructions provided in the User’s Guide to ensure your safety.
Warning: The batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, ﬁre, or the like.
Refer to the identiﬁcation/rating label located on the back panel of your product for its proper operating voltage.
Cable TV Installer: This reminder is provided to call your attention to Article 820-40 of the National Electrical Code (Section 54 of the Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1) which provides guidelines for proper grounding and, in particular, speciﬁes that the cable ground should be connected to the grounding system of the building as close to the point of cable entry as practical.
Important: This television is a table model and is designed to sit on a ﬁrm, ﬂat surface. Don’t place the TV on soft carpeting or similar surface because the ventilation slots on the bottom of the unit will be blocked, resulting in a reduced lifetime from overheating. To assure adequate ventilation for this product, maintain a spacing of 1 inch from the top and side of the TV receiver and 2 inches from the rear of the TV receiver and other surfaces.
Also, make sure the stand or base you use is of adequate size and strength to prevent the TV from being accidentally tipped over, pushed off, or pulled off. This could cause personal injury and/or damage to the TV. Refer to the Important Safety Instructions on the next page.
The Power button on this TV and your remote control puts the TV into a very low-power standby mode but will not completely turn the power off. In order to completely shut the power off, you will need to disconnect the power cord from the outlet. The mains plug/appliance coupler is used to completely turn o the device. If you prefer to completely turn o the device, you should install the TV in a manner that allows you to disconnect the power cord when desired.
Please register your TCL TV purchase online at www.tclusa.com. It will make it easier to contact you should it ever be necessary. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Keep your sales receipt to obtain warranty parts and service and for proof of purchase. Attach it here and record the serial and model numbers in case you need them. These numbers are located on the product.
Warning: Changes or modiﬁcations to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. Keep the apparatus at least 8 inches away from the human body.
|Antenna/Cable||480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i (NTSC, ATSC, and QAM formats)|
|HDMI||480i, 480p, 720p/60Hz, 1080i/60Hz, 1080p/60Hz, 2160p/24/30/60Hz|
For the best viewing experience, remove the energy guide label from the TV front panel or TV screen before use.
Model No. ________________________________________
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including ampliﬁers) that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- WARNING: Please refer to the information on the exterior bottom enclosure for electrical and safety information before installing or operating the apparatus.
- WARNING: The mains plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
- When not in use and during movement, please take care of the power cord set, e.g. tie up the power cords with a cable tie or something like that. It shall be free from sharp edges and the like that can cause abrasion of the power cord set. When put into use again, please make sure the power cords are not damaged. If any damages are found, please look for the service person to replace the power cord set speciﬁed by the manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the original one.
- No naked ﬂame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on the apparatus.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Only use attachments/accessories speciﬁed by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table speciﬁed by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Refer all servicing to qualiﬁed service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- For safe operation of the apparatus, observe these installation requirements:
Keep at least 2 inches of ventilation space between the rear cover of the apparatus and the wall.
Keep at least 1 inch of ventilation space between the apparatus and all other surfaces. Do not allow any of the apparatus’ ventilation openings to be blocked by objects that might obstruct them, such as newspapers, curtains, tablecloths or any other objects. Do not expose the apparatus to any external heat sources. Do not place any heat sources such as candles, lamps, etc. on the apparatus. Do not expose the device to high levels of humidity or to any possible sources of moisture. When disposing of used batteries from the remote control, consult local regulations regarding proper disposal.
19. If an outside antenna or cable system is connected to the product, be sure the antenna or cable system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. Section 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA No. 70-2011 (Section 54 of Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1) provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna-discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode.
See the following example:
The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Deﬁnition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Audio, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit di erent from that to which the receiver is connected.
Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
4-series include models (S430/S434)
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Supplier Name: TTE Technology, Inc. (dba TCL North America)
Supplier Address: 1860 Compton Ave, Corona, CA 92881, USA
Supplier phone number and internet contact information: 1-877-300-9576 support.tclusa.com
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
The equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled environments. This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20cm between the radiator and your body.
Battery Caution & Disposal Information
- For best results, use alkaline-type batteries.
- Install only new batteries of the same type in your product.
- Failure to insert batteries in the correct polarity, as indicated in the battery compartment, may shorten the life of the batteries or cause batteries to leak.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not use Rechargeable (Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries.
- Do not mix Alkaline, Standard (Carbon-Zinc) or Rechargeable (Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries.
- Do not dispose of batteries in ﬁre.
- Batteries should be recycled or disposed of as per state and local guidelines.
ELECTRONICS RECYCLING INFORMATION FOR CONSUMERS
TCL strives to provide a high level of service to our customers and in the communities, we serve and recommends that consumers always look for a recycling or reuse alternative to throwing away televisions and other electronics. We encourage customers to recycle end-of-life electronic devices using one of the many convenient methods available today. In many states, TCL has programs in place to enable consumers to drop-o and recycle televisions free of charge. For information on electronics recycling in all 50 states, including drop-o locations, please visit the “Electronics Recycling” area of the TCL USA website at www.tclusa.com.
What’s in the box
What you need
Phillips’s head screwdriver
Make the most of your TV
Router + Internet Connection (needed for streaming)
For additional support, please visit support.tclusa.com
Key things to know:
A paid subscription or other payments may be required for some streaming channels and apps.
Streaming channels and apps availability are subject to change and vary by country.
Step 1 Set up your TV
Ready for the step-by-step? You’re only minutes away from TV bliss!
Remove your TV from the box
Be careful, it’s heavy!
To use the stand
A. To prevent damage to the screen, carefully place your TV on a soft, cushioned surface.
B. Put the column of the stands into the TV, align the stands with the screw holes located on the TV. Secure the stands to the TV with four (4) screws.
Note: Make sure the installation direction of the stand is the same as illustrated.
To mount on a wall
If you are mounting your TV to the wall, don’t attach the stands.
|To mount your TV to the wall, purchase a VESA wall mount|
|Models of 43’’||Purchase a VESA 200×200 (4 M6x12mm screws)|
|Models of 50’’||Purchase a VESA 200×300 (4 M6x12mm screws)|
|Models of 55’’||Purchase a VESA 300×300 (4 M6x12mm screws)|
|Models of 65’’||Purchase a VESA 300×300 (4 M6x12mm screws)|
|Models of 75’’||Purchase a VESA 300×300 (4 M6x16mm screws)|
The VESA number is the horizontal and vertical measurement of the mounting holes. For example, 200X200 refers to the fact that the mounting measurements are 200mm horizontally and 200mm vertically.
Follow the instructions that come with the wall mount.
Your wall mount must be able to bear a minimum of ﬁve times the TV’s net weight to avoid causing damage.
Never place a television set in an unstable location. A television set may fall, causing serious personal injury or death. Many injuries, particularly to children, can be avoided by taking simple precautions such as:
– Using cabinets or stands recommended by the manufacturer of the television set.
– Only using furniture that can safely support the television set.
– Ensuring the television set is not overhanging the edge of the supporting furniture.
– Not placing the television set on tall furniture (for example, cupboards or bookcases) without anchoring both the furniture and the television set to a suitable support.
– Not placing the television set on cloth or other materials that may be located between the television set and supporting furniture.
– Educating children about the dangers of climbing on furniture to reach the television set or its controls.
If your existing television set is being retained and relocated, the same considerations as above should be applied.
Step 2 Power up
In this step, we’ll make sure all systems are GO!
Power your TV remote by inserting the included batteries.
Connect your power cable to the TV, then plug it into the wall outlet.
Connect other devices by referencing port labels and descriptions on the next page.
Insert batteries in the correct polarity as indicated in the battery compartment.
Power Tip! Always replace depleted batteries with two same brand-new batteries from the same manufacturer.
Never use damaged batteries.
If your remote gets warm/hot during use, discontinue use and contact customer support immediately at support.tclusa.com.
Grab your remote Step 3
The TV remote should feel right at home in your hand. We designed it to be incredibly intuitive for watching TV and navigating on-screen menus.
A. POWER Turn TV on and o
B. SETTINGS Display the TV settings menu
C. HOME Return to the home screen
D. OPTIONS Open the Option menu
E. BACK Return to the previous screen
F. SOURCE Open input source shortcut
G. GOOGLE ASSISTANT Awake Google Assistant (Only available when the network is connected)
H. CHANNEL Change channels
I. VOLUME Raise and lower volume
Press and hold the button for about 3 seconds to mute the sound.
J. VIRTUAL KEYBOARD Open virtual keyboard on the screen
K. NETFLIX Open Netﬂix
L. YouTube Open YouTube
Tip! Follow the on-screen guide to pairing the remote control with the TV when pressing the button for the ﬁrst time.
Step 4 Get to know your TV
A. STATUS LIGHT Glows when the TV is on standby.
IR RECEIVER Receives signal from the TV remote.
B. POWER and OPTIONS BUTTON
Press once to open the menu.
Press and hold to turn o the TV.
C. POWER PORT Connect your TV to the power source with the included power cable.
D. USB PORT Connect a USB device to access photos, music, and movies.
E. ETHERNET Connect an Ethernet cable to your home
Internet router or switch.
F. 3 HDMI PORTS Highest quality audio/video connection.
Connect cable box, Blu-ray player, gaming console, or other devices to your TV using HDMI cables.
G. HDMI ARC PORT Connect HDMI ARC (audio return channel) capable audio devices like soundbars or AV receivers.
H. ANTENNA/CABLE IN Connect an outdoor VHF/UHF antenna or Cable TV feed.
I. AV IN adapter AV Input (analog audio/video).
Use the supplied adapter to connect to older devices that use analog audio/video outputs. The supplied adapter connects to the RCA cable (video – yellow and audio – white and red) that you normally use to connect to that device.
J. HEADPHONE OUT Connect headphones or other external speakers.
K. OPTICAL (DIGITAL AUDIO OUT) Connect an optical cable to an external digital audio system.
Step 5 Complete guided setup
It’s the ﬁnal stretch-hurray!
Once your language has been selected, you can quickly set up the TV using an Android phone with the pre-installed Google app.
Or you can follow the easy on-screen instructions to setup your TV. If you aren’t ready to connect your TV to a wireless network, you can still use it as a regular TV.
And setup is done…congratulations!
Continue using the remote to personalize your Home screen, streaming channels and apps line-up, stream movies, and so much more.
WE ARE READY TO HELP
contact us ﬁrst with any questions
TCL North America Limited Warranty
All LCD/LED Models.
What your warranty covers: Defects in materials or workmanship to the original owner of this TCL product when purchased as new from an Authorized Dealer of TCL brand products in the United States and packaged with this warranty statement.
New LCD/LED Televisions (Non-Commercial Use)
For how long after your purchase:
- One (1) year from the date of purchase for parts and labor for non-commercial use.
New LCD/LED Televisions (Commercial Use)
For how long after your purchase:
- Six (6) months from the date of purchase for parts and labor for commercial use.
- Commercial use includes, but is not limited to, the use of this product in a commercial or business environment, the use of this product in an institution or for institutional purposes, or other commercial purposes including rental purposes.
What we will do:
- At TCL North America’s discretion, (1) pay an Authorized TCL Service Center for both labor charges and parts to repair your television, or (2) replace your television with a new or refurbished/remanufactured equivalent value The decision to repair or replace will be made solely by TCL North America. See “How to get service”.
How to get service:
- Call 1-877-300-9576.
- Please have your original purchase receipt or proof of purchase (bill of sale or receipted invoice), the unit’s date of purchase, place of purchase, and model/serial number The model/serial number information can be found on the back of your unit.
- A representative will troubleshoot your problem over the telephone. If It Is determined that your unit requires service, the service location will be at the sole discretion of TCL North America based upon the TCL North America Limited Warranty Statement.
- At the sole discretion of TCL North America, television screen sizes 43/and smaller will either be repaired at an Authorized TCL Service Centre or directly exchanged for a new or refurbished/remanufactured unit. At the sole discretion of TCL North America, television screen sizes 44/ through 55/ or larger will either be repaired at an Authorized TCL Service Center or repaired in-home.
- If repaired at an Authorized TCL Service Center. a pre-paid shipping label will be provided and TCL North America will pay for return shipping.
- Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice from an Authorized Dealer which is evidence that the product Is within the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service.
- PRE-AUTHORIZATION MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE (1) SENDING ANY PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED TCL SERVICE CENTER, OR (2) OBTAINING ANY IN-HOME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT/RENTAL SERVICES.
What your warranty does not cover:
- Customer instruction. (Your Owner’s Manual describes how to install, adjust, and operate your unit. Any additional information should be obtained from your Authorized Dealer).
- Installation and related adjustments, or damage resulting from
- Damage resulting from non-approved Installation
- Signal reception problems are not caused by your unit.
- Damage from misuse, abuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, cosmetic damage, mishandling, faulty installation, or power line surges.
- Markings or Images on the television’s panel resulting from viewing fixed Images (Including but not limited to certain 4:3 images on widescreen televisions, or data or images in fixed screen locations from banners, video games, or certain broadcast networks).
- A television that has been modified or incorporated into other products.
- A unit purchased or serviced outside the
- A unit sold in “As-Is”, “Factory Reconditioned”, “Factory Re-Certified”, or “Refurbished” condition or with
- Acts of nature or God, such as but not limited to earthquake or lightning
- Special, incidental, or consequential
Please register your TCL TV purchase online at www.tclusa.com. It will make It easier to contact you should it ever be necessary. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
TCL North America Limited Warranty
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY TCL NORTH AMERICA, ITS AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE OR MODIFY THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. TCL NORTH AMERICA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY AND WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE. THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. PLEASE VISIT WWW.TCLUSA.COM TO VIEW THE MOST
How State Law relates to this warranty:
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you speciﬁc legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state.
If you purchased your unit outside the United States or seek warranty coverage outside the United States:
- This warranty does not apply. Contact your dealer for warranty information.
Service calls that do not involve defective materials or workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Costs of such service calls are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Broadcasting & Operating Environment
|Broadcasting system||US System NTSC-M
ATSC standard (8VSB), QAM
VHF2-13 UHF14-69 CATV
|Tuner type||Frequency synthesized|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Operating Humidity||20% to 80%, non-condensing|
|Storage Temperature||-15°C to 45°C (5°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Humidity||10% to 90%, non-condensing|
Having trouble completing the guided setup? Don’t worry, it’s usually an easy ﬁx.
Cannot connect to a wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- Select the correct wireless network name and verify the password entered (case sensitive).
- Relocate the router from objects that interfere with performance (cordless phones, baby monitors, etc.).
- Reboot the router by disconnecting the power for more than 2 minutes and reconnect.
Problems connecting my cable box or antenna through a coax cable
- For best performance, use the HDMI connection. If not available, then:
- Make sure the cable connections to the TV and your device are securely fastened.
- Select cable or antenna input.
- Select the channel scan menu and follow the on-screen instructions to perform a full channel scan.
What is the remote code for programming my Universal or Cable box remote control?
- Please visit https://support.tclusa.com/tv-remote-codes
Access parental control
- The initial personal password for your TV is 1234.
- You can change your personal password anytime.
- If you forget your personal password, you can use 0423 to reset it.
Need more help?
Complete your Home Theater Experience with a TCL Sound Bar!
STUNNING SOUND. MADE SIMPLE.
TCL’s Alto Sound Bar Lineup
Offering a truly immersive home theater experience, TCL Alto Sound Bars are simple to set up and easy to use. With specialized sound modes, available wireless subwoofers, and everything you need to connect to your TCL TV, Alto Sound Bars provide stunning sound, made easy.
To learn more visit TCLUSA.com or your favorite retailer.
Android TV is a trademark of Google LLC. TCL and the TCL
Logos are owned by TCL Corporation and under license to TCL North America. Other brand and product names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
TCL North America
1860 Compton Ave. Corona, CA 92881, USA
Part No.: 70-F8RT51-QSG1A