TELTONIKA FMB920 Small and Smart Tracker
Know your device
Set up your device
How to insert Micro-SIM card
- Gently remove FMB920 cover using plastic pry tool from both sides.
- Insert Micro-SIM card as shown with PIN request disabled or read our Wiki how to enter it later in Teltonika Configurator. Make sure that Micro-SIM card cut-off corner is pointing forward to slot.
- Connect the battery as shown on device. Position the battery in place where it does not obstruct other components.
- After configuration, see PC Connection (Windows), attach device cover back.
PC Connection (Windows)
- Power-up FMB920 with DC voltage (6 – 30 V) power supply using power wires. LED’s should start blinking, see “LED indications”.
- Connect device to computer using Micro-USB cable or Bluetooth connection:
- Using Micro-USB cable
- You will need to install USB drivers, see “How to install USB drivers (Windows)”
- Using Bluetooth
- FMB920 Bluetooth is enabled by default. Turn on Bluetooth on your PC, then select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth. Choose your device named – “FMB920_last_7_imei_digits”, without LE in the end. Enter default password 5555, press Connect and then select Done.
- You are now ready to use the device on your computer.
How to install USB drivers (Windows)
- Please download COM port drivers from here.
- Extract and run TeltonikaCOMDriver.exe.
- Click Next in driver installation window.
- In the following window click Install button.
- Setup will continue installing the driver and eventually the confirmation window will appear. Click Finish to complete the setup.
At first FMB920 device will have default factory settings set. These settings should be changed according to the user’s needs. Main configuration can be performed via Teltonika Configurator software. Get the latest Configurator version from here. Configurator operates on Microsoft Windows OS and uses prerequisite MS .NET Framework. Make sure you have the correct version installed.
Table 2 MS .NET requirements
MS .NET REQUIREMENTS
|Operating system||MS .NET Framework version||Version||Links|
|Windows Vista Windows 7
MS .NET Framework 4.6.2
32 and 64 bit
Downloaded Configurator will be in compressed archive. Extract it and launch Configurator.exe. After launch software language can be changed by clicking in the right bottom corner (Figure 8 Language selection).
Configuration process begins by pressing on connected device (Figure 9 Device connected via USB).
After connection to Configurator Status window will be displayed (Figure 10 Configurator Status window).
Various Status window tabs display information about GNSS, GSM, I/O, Maintenance and etc. FMB920 has one user editable profile, which can be loaded and saved to the device. After any modification of configuration the changes need to be saved to device using Save to device button. Main buttons offer following functionality:
- Load from device – loads configuration from device.
- Save to device – saves configuration to device.
- Load from file – loads configuration from file.
- Save to file – saves configuration to file.
- Update firmware – updates firmware on device.
- Read records – reads records from the device.
- Reboot device – restarts device.
- Reset configuration – sets device configuration to default.
Most important configurator section is GPRS – where all your server and GPRS settings can be configured and Data Acquisition – where data acquiring parameters can be configured. More details about FMB920 configuration using Configurator can be found in our Wiki.
Quick SMS configuration
Default configuration has optimal parameters present to ensure best performance of track quality and data usage. Quickly set up your device by sending this SMS command to it:
Note: Before SMS text, two space symbols should be inserted.
Default configuration settings
Movement and ignition detection:
- Vehicle movement will be detected by accelerometer
- Ignition will be detected by vehicle power voltage between 13,2 – 30 V
Device makes a record On Moving if one of these events happen:
- 300 seconds passes
- Vehicle turns 10 degrees
- Vehicle drives 100 meters
- Speed difference between last coordinate and current position is greater than 10 km/h
Device makes a record On Stop if:
- 1 hour passes while vehicle is stationary and ignition is off
Records sending to server:
- If device has made a record it is sent to the server every 120 seconds.
After successful SMS configuration, FMB920 device will synchronize time and update records to configured server. Time intervals and default I/O elements can be changed by using Teltonika Configurator or SMS parameters.
- Connecting Wires
- Wires should be fastened to the other wires or non-moving parts. Try to avoid heat emitting and moving objects near the wires.
- The connections should not be seen very clearly. If factory isolation was removed while connecting wires, it should be applied again.
- If the wires are placed in the exterior or in places where they can be damaged or exposed to heat, humidity, dirt, etc., additional isolation should be applied.
- Wires cannot be connected to the board computers or control units.
- Connecting power source
- Be sure that after the car computer falls asleep, power is still available on chosen wire. Depending on car, this may happen in 5 to 30 minutes period.
- When module is connected, measure voltage again to make sure it did not decrease.
- It is recommended to connect to the main power cable in the fuse box.
- Use 3A, 125V external fuse.
- Connecting ignition wire
- Be sure to check if it is a real ignition wire i. e. power does not disappear after starting the engine.
- Check if this is not an ACC wire (when key is in the first position, most of the vehicle electronics are available).
- Check if power is still available when you turn off any of vehicles devices.
- Ignition is connected to the ignition relay output. As alternative, any other relay, which has power output when ignition is on, may be chosen.
- Connecting ground wire
- Ground wire is connected to the vehicle frame or metal parts that are fixed to the frame.
- If the wire is fixed with the bolt, the loop must be connected to the end of the wire.
- For better contact scrub paint from the spot where loop is going to be connected.
- PAY ATTENTION! Connecting the power supply must be carried out in a very low impedance point of on-board vehicle network. Connecting the GND at an arbitrary point to the mass of the car is unacceptable, as static and dynamic potentials on the line GND will be unpredictable, which can lead to unstable FMB920 operation and even its failure.
Table 3 Navigation LED indications
|Permanently switched on||GNSS signal is not received|
|Blinking every second||Normal mode, GNSS is working|
|GNSS is turned off because:
Device is not working or Device is in sleep mode
|Blinking fast constantly||Device firmware is being flashed|
Table 4 Status LED indications
|Blinking every second||Normal mode|
|Blinking every two seconds||Sleep mode|
|Blinking fast for a short time||Modem activity|
|Off||Device is not working or Device is in boot mode|
Table 5 Basic characteristics
|Technology||GSM, GPRS, GNSS, BLUETOOTH|
|GNSS||GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU, SBAS, QZSS, DGPS, AGPS|
|Tracking sensitivity||-165 dBM|
|Accuracy||< 3 m|
|Hot start||< 1 s|
|Warm start||< 25 s|
|Cold start||< 35 s|
|2G bands||Quad-band 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz|
|Data transfer||GPRS Multi-Slot Class 12 (up to 240 kbps), GPRS Mobile Station Class B|
|Data support||SMS (text/data)|
|Input voltage range||6 – 30 V DC with overvoltage protection|
|Back-up battery||170 mAh Li-Ion battery (0.63Wh)|
|At 12V < 2 mA (Ultra Deep Sleep)|
|At 12V < 4 mA (Deep Sleep)|
|At 12V < 5 mA (Online Deep Sleep)|
|At 12V < 6 mA (GPS Sleep)|
|At 12V < 35 mA (nominal with no load)|
|Specification||4.0 + LE|
|Temperature and Humidity sensor, Headset, OBDII dongle, Inateck
|GNSS antenna||Internal High Gain|
|GSM antenna||Internal High Gain|
|LED indication||2 status LED lights|
|Memory||128MB internal flash memory|
|Dimensions||79 x 43 x 12 mm (L x W x H)|
|Operating temperature (without
|-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Storage temperature (without
|-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Operating humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Ingress Protection Rating||IP54|
|Battery charge temperature||0 °C to +45 °C|
|Battery discharge temperature||-20 °C to +60 °C|
|Battery storage temperature||-20 °C to +45 °C for 1 month
-20 °C to +35 °C for 6 month
|Green Driving, Over Speeding detection, Jamming detection, GNSS Fuel Counter, DOUT Control Via Call, Excessive Idling detection, Unplug detection, Towing detection, Crash detection, Auto Geofence, Manual
|Sleep modes||GPS Sleep, Online Deep Sleep, Deep|
Configuration and firmware update
|FOTA Web, FOTA, Teltonika Configurator (USB, Bluetooth), FMBT
mobile application (Configuration)
|SMS||Configuration, Events, DOUT Control,
|GPRS commands||Configuration, Debug|
|Time Synchronization||GPS, NITZ, NTP|
|Fuel monitoring||LLS (Analog), OBDII dongle|
|Digital Input 1, Accelerometer, External Power Voltage, Engine RPM|
Table 6 Electrical characteristics
|Supply Voltage (Recommended Operating Conditions)||+6||+30||V|
|DIGITAL OUTPUT (OPEN DRAIN GRADE)|
|Drain current (Digital Output OFF)||12||µA|
|Drain current (Digital Output ON, Recommended Operating Conditions)||0.5||A|
|Static Drain-Source resistance (Digital Output ON)||300||mΩ|
|Input resistance (DIN1)||47||kΩ|
|Input voltage (Recommended Operating Conditions)||0||30||V|
|Input Voltage threshold||2.5||V|
|Input Voltage (Recommended Operating Conditions)||0||30||V|
|Measurement error on 12V||3||%|
|Additional error on 12V||360||mV|
|Measurement error on 30V||3||%|
|Additional error on 30V||900||mV|
This message contains information on how to operate FMB920 safely. By following these requirements and recommendations, you will avoid dangerous situations. You must read these instructions carefully and follow them strictly before operating the device!
- The device uses SELV limited power source. The nominal voltage is +12 V DC. The allowed voltage range is +6..+30 V DC.
- To avoid mechanical damage, it is advised to transport the device in an impact-proof package. Before usage, the device should be placed so that its LED indicators are visible. They show the status of device operation.
- When connecting the connection (1×5) cables to the vehicle, the appropriate jumpers of the power supply of the vehicle should be disconnected.
- Before dismounting the device from the vehicle, the 1×5 connection must be disconnected.
- The device is designed to be mounted in a zone of limited access, which is inaccessible to the operator. All related devices must meet the requirements of EN 62368-1 standard.
- The device FMB920 is not designed as a navigational device for boats.
- Do not disassemble the device. If the device is damaged, the power supply cables are not isolated or the isolation is damaged, DO NOT touch the device before unplugging the power supply.
- All wireless data transferring devices produce interference that may affect other devices which are placed nearby.
- The device must be connected only by qualified personnel.
- The device must be firmly fastened in a predefined location.
- The programming must be performed using a PC with autonomic power supply.
- Installation and/or handling during a lightning storm is prohibited.
- The device is susceptible to water and humidity.
Certification and Approvals
- FMB920 ANATEL
- FMB920 CE / RED
- FMB920 E-Mark
- FMB920 EAC
- FMB920 RoHS
- FMB920 MTBF
- FMB920 REACH
- FMB920 IP Rating
- FMB920 Declaration of IMEI assignment
- FMB920 Declaration of device operation temperature
- This sign on the package means that it is necessary to read the User‘s Manual before your start using the device. Full User‘s Manual version can be found in our Wiki. This sign on the package means that all used electronic and electric equipment should not be mixed with general household waste. Hereby, Teltonika declare under our sole responsibility that the above described product is in conformity with the relevant Community harmonization: European Directive 2014/53/EU (RED).
For more information, see the ANATEL website www.anatel.gov.br
This equipment is not entitled to protection against harmful interference and must not cause interference in duly authorized systems.
TELTONIKA guarantees its products to be free of any manufacturing defects for a period of 24 months. With additional agreement we can agree on a different warranty period, for more detailed information please contact our sales manager.
Contact us teltonika.lt/company/contacts
If a product should fail within this specific warranty time, the product can be:
- Replaced with a new product
- Replaced with an equivalent repaired product fulfilling the same functionality
- TELTONIKA can also repair products that are out of warranty at an agreed cost.
TELTONIKA PRODUCTS ARE INTENDED TO BE USED BY PERSONS WITH TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ANY OTHER USE RENDERS THE LIMITED WARRANTIES EXPRESSED HEREIN AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES NULL AND VOID AND SAME ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. ALSO EXCLUDED FROM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE ANY AND ALL INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE OR REVENUE, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE OR ANY OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS. More information can be found at teltonika.lt/warranty-repair