Virtual Drum Kit
A1. Power key
A2. Status indicator
A3. TYPE-C charging portB.Drum Console
B1. Status indicator
B2. Power key
B5. AUX OUT / LINE OUT /
3.5mm audio jack
B6. TYPE-C charging port
C.Hi-Hat (Blue light)
D.Bass Drum (Purple light)
Wired earphones with 3.5mm TRS connector or connected speaker with 3.5mm LINE IN/AUX-IN audio jack.
PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS FOR DIFFERENT SPECIFICATIONS
- Drumsticks and Drum Console
- Drumsticks, Drum Console and Bass Drum
- Drumsticks, Drum Console, Bass Drum and Hi-Hat
- Plug the earphones or speaker into the drum console and power it on.
- Attach the Bass Drum to the right shoe and Hi-Hat to the left shoe, and power them on.
Recommended wearing method
- Press the power button on the two drum sticks. The indicator on the drumstick changes from a blinking blue to a steady cyan, which means that the connection has been successful.
Place the drumsticks flat on the snare drum as below pictures, step your feet flat on the ground and then QUICK CLICK the power buttons at the same time (The indicator light will blink red once from cyan) to calibrate the inside sensors of the drum sticks, bass drum, and Hi-Hat. When you change your sitting position or you find the drum is not in the correct position you need to re-calibrate.
- When you lift your right foot to do a pedaling action you can hear the sound of a bass drum; hit the correct position that you can hear the sound of an open Hi-Hat when you tilt up the left foot. foot on the ground, the sound is closed Hi-Hat.
- Try to hit each drum to make sure that the sounds are correct from each one, and keep the same action for every hit.
- DOUBLE BASS
Press the Hi-Hat power key three times, the Hi-Hat indicator light will change from blue to purple, and the Hi-Hat will become a Bass Drum.
- DRUM COVER
The device supports a drum cover function.
Setting → Bluetooth → Find the name of device “Theodots” from the list and connect it. You can play a song to perform a drum cover.
- MIDI FUNCTION
Take GarageBand as an example, Open GarageBand， Click the icon， Choose“ Advanced”, Open “Bluetooth MIDI Devices”; Choose the name of the device Theodots(MIDI)” and connected it.
- SENSOR CALIBRATION
When you restart the drumsticks or change your sitting position or you find the drums are not in the correct position you need to re-calibrate the sensor of the drumsticks.
When you find the status of a bass drum or Hi-Hat is wrong, You should step your feet flat on the ground, and QUICK CLICK the power buttons of drum sticks at the same time to re-calibrate the inside sensors
Sensor Factory Calibration Mode
If you find that the drum stick is still inaccurate after calibration, you need to clear the data stored in the sensor and recalibrate the sensor through the factory calibration mode.
HOW TO MAKE FACTORY CALIBRATION :
- Quickly press the power key of the drum stick 6 times, and the status indicator of the drum stick blinks yellow.
- Lays the drumstick flat on a level, quiet tabletop until the indicator of the drumstick changes from yellow to blink pink.
- Pick up drumsticks and draw 8 in the air, the indicator of the drum stick changes from flashing pink to steady cyan.
The sensor factory calibration is complete.
- LOW BATTERY NOTIFICATION
The status indicator of the drumkit will blink red in repeated intervals to indicate that the battery is less than 5%. This lighting sequence will repeat until the battery is fully drained.
Once you receive this notification, it is time to charge the battery.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS :
- Do not use drumsticks to hit other hard objects, otherwise, it will cause damage.
- If you find the wrong position of the virtual drums, you need to recalibrate the drumsticks.
- You find that the indicator light flashes red after power on the device, you need to charge the device first.
- please connect the device one by one if more than one device is in the same field otherwise the drum sticks may be connected to another Drum Console.
- If the blue LED indicator of the drumstick keeps flashing when powers on, it means that the drumstick is not connected to the Drum Console, Please check whether the Drum Console is on or confirm whether there are other Theodots drumsticks connected to your Drum Console.
- Hi-Hat needs to be calibrated when using it. After being attached to the shoe， the Hi-Hat will be calibrated simultaneously while calibrating the drumsticks.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This device has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This device generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this device does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the device off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the device and receiver.
- Connect the device to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.