TIMEGUARD WiFi Controlled Fused Spur Time Switch
These instructions should be read carefully and retained for further reference and maintenance.
Note: Timeguard reserve the right to alter these instructions, and the SupplyMaster app, at any time. Up to date instructions will always be available for download at www.timeguard.com.
- Before installation or maintenance, ensure the mains supply to the time switch is switched off and the circuit supply fuses are removed or the circuit breaker turned off.
- It is recommended that a qualified electrician is consulted or used for the installation of this thermostat and install in accordance with the current IEE wiring and Building Regulations.
- Check that the total load on the circuit including when this thermostat is fitted does not exceed the rating of the circuit cable, fuse or circuit breaker.
- To clean use a clean dry cloth only. Do not use liquid cleaners.
|Mains Supply||220-240V AC 50Hz|
|Fused:||Supplied with BS1362 13A Fuse|
|Rocker Switch||2 Pole, providing isolation|
|Switch Rating:||13A Resistive (3kW) 1000W Incandescent, Halogen lighting 500W Fluorescent, LED lighting 100W Compact Fluorescent lighting|
|Contact Type:||Normally Open, micro disconnection|
|Wi-Fi Specification:||2.4 GHz b/g/n|
|Frequency Range:||2.412 – 2.484 GHz|
|Operating Modes:||Permanent ON or OFF, Auto timed, Holiday|
|Boost Times:||1 or 2 hours|
|Operating Temperature:||0°C to +40°C|
|IP Rating:||FSTWiFi – Intended for indoor use only
FSTWiFiTGV – IP66 rated suitable for restricted external applications
|Minimum Depth of Wall Box:||25mm|
|Multiple Device Support:||Yes|
|Dimensions:||H = 85mm, W = 85mm, D = 44mm|
Note: Not suitable for use with Discharge Lighting.
FSTWIFI MAC address and ID Wi-Fi number label
Important: Do not remove this label from the side of the product.
- 1x FSTWIFI time switch
- 2x Mounting screws
- 1x Cable clamp
- 1x Cable blank
- 1x Instruction manual
- 1x FSTWIFITGV time switch
- 2x 20mm cable glands
- 1x Instruction manual
Note: all instructions are to be left with the customer after installation.
FSTWiFi – Wi-Fi Controlled Fused Spur
Note: The unit is designed to replace an existing single gang connection unit or fixed appliance outlet giving timed mains output, protected by a BS1362 fuse. The unit is capable of forming part of a ring main (the terminals can accept 2x 2.5mm sq. cables), or terminating a spur off the ring main.
The unit requires a minimum depth of 25mm within the box.
5.1 Ensure the mains supply is switched off and the circuit supply fuses are removed or the circuit breaker is turned off.
5.2 Connect the incoming 230V 50Hz mains supply and outgoing load cables to the relevant terminals ensuring correct polarity is observed and that all bare conductors are sleeved (see section 6. Connection Diagram).
5.3 There is a removable cable blank to cover the front cable exit if this feature is not required.
5.4 If the front cable exit is required, for instance to connect to a washing machine, use one of the cable clamps provided to secure the outgoing cable.
5.5 Secure the unit to the back box with the M3.5mm screws provided, forming cables during installation to avoid entrapment, and cable damage
FSTWiFiTGV – Wi-Fi Controlled IP66 Fused Spur
5.6 IMPORTANT Switch off the electricity at the fuse box by removing the relevant fuse or switching off the circuit breaker before proceeding with the installation.
5.7 Using a Phillips screwdriver, separate the faceplate from the back box by removing the four tapped screws located in each corner.
5.8 Using the back box as a template mark the position for the holes.
Note the back box must be mounted in the correct orientation, following the ‘TOP’ marking inside the back box. If the mounting position desired is uneven use a sheet of marine ply as a base plate and fit the back box.
5.9 Drill the wall using a 4mm Ø drill bit making sure not to infringe or compromise any gas, water pipes or cables. Insert the rawl plugs into the holes.
5.10 The drain feature must be drilled out using a 5mm drill bit if the top or side entry conduit is used. Opening this drain hole will reduce the IP rating of the product. Only the lower drain feature on the back box must be opened.
5.11 Select the required entry point by unscrewing the appropriate seal located on all four sides of the back box. If conduit is not going to be used, a waterproof cable with suitable rated 20mm glands will be required to maintain the overall IP rating. If the bottom entry conduit is used, there must be adequate drainage from the lowest point of the conduit.
5.12 Secure the back box to the wall using suitable screws for the rawl plugs installed. Ensure that the back box is correctly orientated following the ‘TOP’ marking which is labelled inside.
5.13 Pass through the 230V AC 50Hz mains supply cable and secure the cables tightly to their respective terminals, ensuring that all bare conductors are sleeved and that correct polarity is observed.
Note that if metal conduit is used the earth continuity between the conduits must be maintained.
5.14 Once the mains supply is connected to the correct terminals, mount the face plate to the four mounting holes on the back box. Tighten until secured.
- The terminals are marked as follows on the rear of the time switch;
Note: the mobile or tablet device must be connected to a 2.4GHz band on the router. Pairing on the 5GHz band will result in paring either timing out or being unsuccessful. Refer to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) on separating the bands if required.
7.1 Ensure your phone or tablet is connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
7.2 Download the Timeguard SupplyMaster App onto your phone or tablet by searching for Timeguard on Google Play or the App Store. You can also scan the QR code below applicable to your device.
7.3 Install the App, and open it to the registration page.
7.4 Users must first register, and then log in to use the app.
First time users must use the main account log in.
Note: Usernames and passwords cannot contain any spaces or special characters, and must use letters and numbers only.
7.5 Then, press the + button (bottom right on the phone’s screen to open the add devices menu).
7.6 The network the mobile or tablet is connected to will be shown on the App, enter the password for the network SSID.
Important – DO NOT PRESS START AS OF YET.
7.7 After entering the password for your Wi-Fi network, name the device you want to add to your account.
Note: Device names cannot contain any spaces or special characters
7.8 On the FSTWiFi/FSTWiFiTGV, hold down the override button, until the blue LED light starts to flash.
7.9 Once the blue LED is flashing press start in the App.
The App will search for an available device.
7.10 Once the App has found and configured the FSTWiFi/FSTWiFiTGV to the network and your account your device will show up in the devices menu. The blue LED will become solid when there has been a successful connection to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: If the device is to be sold, it must be deleted from the App by the main account holder. The device can only be registered to one account at a time.
Features of the FSTWiFi/ FSTWiFiTGV Device
- The unit offers micro disconnection of the load using the programmed times, or full isolation using the double pole rocker switch on the front of the unit.
- Micro disconnection can also be applied using the override switch on the front of the unit. Fused protection is also provided.
- The override button on the front of the unit provides a permanent OFF, or ON, until the button is pressed again. It is not overridden by the next program from the App.
- During the overridden period, the App will show permanent ON, or permanent OFF. The override can be cancelled in the App by putting the mode back to Auto Timed.
- Red ON/OFF indicator. The red light will turn ON when there is output, and will turn OFF when there is no output. The red light will flash if there is output, but there is no output load detected.
- Blue Wi-Fi connection indicator. This will illuminate when the device is connected to Wi-Fi, as detailed in section 7. Setup. This indicator will flash only when attempting to connect to the server.
Features of the Android and iOS App
- The app can be accessed, and the device controlled from any accessible Wi-Fi zone. Once Wi-Fi is set up on the device, the App can also control the FSTWiFi/FSTWiFiTGV through 4G. The device must be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- There are useful programming tips and help available on the Timeguard YouTube channel. You can access the link directly from our website www.timeguard.com or go to the YouTube home page and search ‘Timeguard’.
Device Home Screen
- From log in, the user is presented with a list of devices.
Each of these has a device home screen.
When a device is selected, the home screen is then shown.
- The following options are available in mode settings through the device home screen :
Auto: Output is controlled by the timer programme, and can be temporarily overridden by boost or advance.
Permanent OFF: Output will remain off until auto is re-enabled by the user. In this mode, boost and advance are disabled.
Permanent ON: Output will remain on until auto is re-enabled by the user. In this mode, boost and advance are disabled.
Holiday: Output is off until the date entered by the user, at which time the program schedule will default back to running as normal.
- Only one mode can be selected at any time. Permanent OFF, ON, and holiday can be cancelled by returning the App to Auto mode.
- From OFF, a one or two hour boost can be set using the boost button. A third press of boost will cancel.
The duration of the boost is shown on the device home screen, and this will count down the time to the end of the boost period.
- From ON, a one or two hour boost can be added to the programmed end time. This is shown on the device home screen.
Note: Boost will not cross midnight.
- Advance changes the output state until the next programmed change.
Note: The display will show the next program change:
- The time of the next programmed change is shown on the device home screen. It also shows the boost time in boost mode (see above).
- The App supports multiple programmed times, with an easy repeat function for different days. Up to 6 times can be added to a program set if required (using the plus key).
- Time entry is programmed via the program key on the device home page. Hold the chosen time down to edit the times, hold the day MTWTFSaSu to change repeats, or hold the left side of the time box to delete the entire program set via the confirm button.
- The default times are 06:00 to 08:00, and 18:00 to 20:00 every day.
- Times can be programmed across midnight. Enter a start and end time before midnight. Enter a second set of times after midnight. Turn off the first end time and second start time using the green sliders. Set the repeats.
Quick Programming Tips
- Up to 6 ON/OFF periods are allowed per program set with weekly repeats.
- Days can be selected and deselected by touching the day required.
- If a day is deselected, it shows grey; this would mean that after the last program off time for the selected day ends, no programs will be active until the next selected day within the alternative program set.
Alternative Program Periods
- The App supports multiple alternative programs. This is useful for keeping separate sets of programs, for use in school holidays, periods of non-residency, pre and post summer time, seasonal programs, and periods of unexpected residency such as illness.
This means that the original time programs can be saved, and reverted back to when needed, without the need for reprogramming.
- Hold the program name to edit or delete, and use the plus key to add new programs.
12/24 Hour Clock
- Times can be shown in either 12 or 24 hour format, in Advanced Settings.
Clear ON/OFF Status
• The device home screen clearly shows output status through both text (ON/OFF), and colour change of advance button (Red OFF, Green ON).
Supports Multiple Users
- Additional users can be added by the Main Account holder, in Advanced Settings, to allow sub account users to control the device.
- Users can be both added and deleted by the Main Account holder only. All other features of the App are the same. Users are deleted by swiping their name to the left, in the remove users menu which is an option in Advance Settings.
- Only one Main Account can be registered per device. Sub Account users would use the sub account login option on the login page of the App.
Positive Affirmation of ON/OFF Status
- With output status not enabled (default), the advance button shows red OFF, green ON.
- Output status will not work unless there is more than 10W, the advance button will remain red, but show the word ON to show that it is programmed ON period, but the device cannot detect the load.
- Output status shows that the device is working, and will only show a change of state if there has definitely been a change of output state (above 10W).
- With output status enabled, the advance button will show what is happening with the output. There is an icon on the home screen which shows that this feature has been enabled.
- If there is no load detected during an on period, the advance button will show red, ON. This is a fault condition as the output is not detected.
- Once the output has been detected, the advance button shows green, ON.
- If there has been a load measured at some point in the ON period, but the output can no longer be detected, the indicator will show orange (standby), until the load is detected again, when it will show green. This is common when the output has a secondary control option, such as a thermostat or isolation point between the FSTWiFi/ FSTWiFiTGV and the appliance. Refer to the no load indicator guide video on our YouTube channel for more information on this.
Graphical Representation of the Last 24 Hours
- With output status enabled, there is a graphical representation that compares programmed on times with actual output. This can be used to check the FSTWiFi/FSTWiFiTGV (and the connected appliance) have been working correctly.
- For appliances with additional controls (for instance thermostats), the output load is not consistently on during the programmed on period. The graphical representation will show this difference.
Pink bars represent when there was an output, grey represents the programmed times.
- There is a brief summary of the last ON period, showing the duration of the period, and the length of time there was an output.
- This unit is designed to be used in the UK so will come pre-set to UK time. This cannot be altered.
The advanced settings menu can be found on the devices page via the icon and can do the following:
- Add User: Allows the main account holder to add additional users known as sub account users. Subaccount users can manipulate the control aspects of the FSTWiFi/FSTWiFiTGV but will not be able to delete the device from the main holder’s account. Subaccount users must register via the users’ option in the advanced settings menu while the main account holder is logged in, this way the App will register any subaccount user to the main account holder’s device.
IMPORTANT Subaccount users must not register via the registration screen when they download the App, this will result in creating a main account.
- Remove Users: Allows for the main account holder to remove users from their account.
- App download: Allows the user to check which version of the App they are using to check for updates. This feature is only available on the Android version of the App. iOS users must update the App via the App Store.
- User manual and FAQ: Provides links to our website, the relevant instructions and to our YouTube channel.
- About: Provides the company address and contact details for any problems with the unit.
- Wi-Fi Settings: Allows the user to change the router or extension the device is connected to.
- Time format: Allows the user to change the time format between a 12/24 hour clock.
3 Year Guarantee
In the unlikely event of this product becoming faulty due to defective material or manufacture, within 3 years of the date of purchase, please return it to your supplier in the first year with proof of purchase and it will be replaced free of charge. For years 2 to 3 or with any difficulty in the first year, telephone our helpline.
Note: a proof of purchase is required in all cases. For all eligible replacements (where agreed by Timeguard) the customer is responsible for all shipping/postage charges outside of the UK. All shipping costs are to be paid in advance before a replacement is sent.
If you experience problems, do not immediately return the unit to the store.
Telephone the Timeguard Customer Helpline:
020 8450 0515
or email [email protected]
Qualified Customer Support Co-ordinators will be online to assist in resolving your query.