High-Definition Active Studio Monitor
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
-Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
-Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
EVA Isolation Bottom Sticker x 2 Speaker Isolation Pad x 2
RCA to 1/8” Stereo Aux Cable IEC Power Cable
Bare-wire Speaker Cable Owner’s ManualThe above warning is located on the rear of the unit.
EXPLANATION OF GRAPHICAL SYMBOLS
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous voltage”within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the product.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OFFIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NO TEXPOSE THIS APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE. (UL60065_03)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Keep the manual in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire, or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Important! Before Using Your Speaker!
- The voltage selector switch and mains fuse is set at the factory for the country or region in which this Donner product is intended to be sold. To prevent serious damage to the product, ensure that the rated AC mains voltage indicated on the product’s rear panel agrees with the mains voltage from your AC mains inlet before connecting the IEC power cable.
- If the product is to be used outside of the factory set region, please ensure the voltage selector switch (found on the rear or side panel) is set to the correct voltage for the new country/region.
- Use only the supplied power cord/plug. If you intend to use the product in an area other than the one you purchased, the included power cord may not be compatible.
- Only use the voltage specified as correct for the product. The required voltage is printed on the nameplate of the product.
- Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or radiators and do not excessively bend or otherwise damage the cord, place heavy objects on it, or place it in a position where anyone could walk on, trip over, or roll anything over it.
- Make sure to fully insert the electric plug to prevent electric shocks or fire.
- When setting up the product, make sure that the AC outlet you are using is easily accessible. If some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately turn off the power switch and disconnect the plug from the outlet. Even when the power switch is turned off, as long as the power cord is not unplugged from the wall AC outlet, the product will not be disconnected from the power source.
- Be sure to connect to an appropriate outlet with a protective grounding connection. Improper grounding can result in electrical shock, fire, or damage.
- Remove the electric plug from the outlet when the product is not to be used for extended periods of time.
- Do not touch the product or the electric plug during an electrical storm.
Do not open
- This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not attempt to disassemble the internal parts or modify them in any way.
- Before turning the power of all devices on or off, make sure that all volume levels are set to the minimum. Failing to do so may result in hearing loss or device damage.
- When turning on the AC power in your audio system, always turn on the product LAST, to avoid hearing loss and speaker damage. When turning the power off, the product should be turned off FIRST for the same reason.
- Do not place the product in an unstable position or a location with excessive vibration, where it might accidentally fall over and cause injury.
- Keep this product out of reach of children. This product is not suitable for use in locations where children are likely to be present.
- When installing the product:
♦ Do not cover it with any cloth.
♦ Do not install it on a carpet or rug.
♦ Make sure the top surface faces up; do not install on its sides or upside down.
♦ Do not use the product in a confined, poorly ventilated location.
♦ Inadequate ventilation can result in overheating, possibly causing damage to the product(s), or even fire.
Make sure that there is adequate space around the product: at least 20cm above, 20cm at the sides, and 20cm behind.
- Do not place the product in a location where it may come into contact.
- with corrosive gases or salt air. Doing so may result in malfunction.
- Before moving the product, remove all connected cables.
- Do not press the rear panel of the product against the wall. Doing so may cause the plug to come in contact with the wall and detach from the power cord, resulting in short-circuiting, malfunction, or even fire.
Water/ Fire warning
- Do not expose the product to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet conditions, or place on it any containers (such as vases, bottles or glasses) containing liquids that might spill into any openings.
- Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
- Do not place any burning items or open flames near the product, since they may cause a fire.
- If any of the following problems occur, immediately turn off the power switch and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet.
♦ The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
♦ Unusual smells or smoke are emitted.
♦ Some object, or water has been dropped into the product.
♦ There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the product.
♦ Cracks or other visible damage appear on the product.
Handling and Maintenance
- Do not use the product in the vicinity of a TV, radio, or other electric products. Otherwise, the product, TV, or radio may generate noise.
- Do not expose the product to excessive dust or vibration, or extreme cold or heat, in order to prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration, unstable operation, or damage to the internal components.
- Do not install in locations where temperature changes are severe. Otherwise, condensation may form on the inside or the surface of the product, causing it to break or deform the wood.
- Do not leave condensation on the wood; wipe immediately with a soft cloth.
- If there is reason to believe that condensation might have occurred, leave the product for several hours without turning on the power until the condensation has completely dried out, in order to prevent possible damage.
- Do not touch the speaker driver unit, since it might cause malfunction.
- Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the product, since this might cause alteration or discoloration of the panel.
- When cleaning the product, use a dry and soft cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, cleaning fluids, or chemical impregnated wiping cloths, since this might cause alteration or discoloration.
- Do not place the speaker face down.
- Air blowing out of the bass reflex ports is normal, and often occurs when the speaker is handling program material with heavy bass content.
- Always turn the power off when the device is not in use.
Notes: Donner can not be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the device.
Thank you for purchasing a pair of Donner Dyna series Dyna3/Dyna4 high-definition active studio monitors. Dyna Series Dyna3/Dyna4 High-Definition Active Studio Monitors take the requirements of accurate frequency response, precise acoustic field, high-quality components, professional acoustic adjusters and speakers for the studio into an ultra-compact that can be placed in any context of use. With more than 1,000 times acoustical measurements and data in plenty of rooms and professional design of acoustic adjusters, Dyna series high-definition active studio monitors make sure that give you the accurate and correct sound of music. In addition to the professional applications of music, Dyna3/Dyna4 is also designed for different styles of Hi-fi music appreciation and listening, video editing, movie watching, gaming and other places. With CSR Bluetooth 5.0 function, you can enjoy your favorite music anytime and anywhere. As a versatile product, Dyna series studio monitors will greatly enhance your understanding and enjoyment of music.
- 40-watt Class D two-way high-definition near-field active studio monitor.
- Studio-quality design, accurate frequency response, precise acoustic field.
- 1-inch silk-dome tweeter, 3-inch (Dyna3) / 4-inch (Dyna4) woven woofer.
- Professional acoustic adjusters and speakers, Room Space, and HF Trim adjustments for acoustic room reflections.
- Stereo CSR Bluetooth 5.0 wireless input.
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing.
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output.
- All-wood MDF ROHS cabinet provides a natural sonic character.
- 1/4″ TRS balanced inputs, 1/8” stereo aux input, and RCA inputs suit for almost any audio source.
- High-tech, compact and delicate designs.
Indicates power status for Dyna3/ Dyna4. When the power is turning on, LED is On.
- Aux Input
1/8” stereo unbalanced aux input for media player.
- Headphone Output
1/8″ Stereo unbalanced headphone output. When the headphone output is connected, the audio will be muted to your speakers. It means that you can listen as loud as you like without disturbing the neighbors. The headphone output is controlled by the volume knob.
- TRS Balanced Input
1/4″ TRS balanced inputs for connecting line-level signal from the audio source. Notes: Recommends that the active speaker be placed on the left side and the passive speaker be placed on the right. Please make sure that connect the left audio signal to the left input and connect the right signal to the right input, or it will reverse the stereo image.
- RCA Input
RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting line-level signal from audio source.
Notes: TRS/RCA/Aux/Bluetooth those 4 kind of inputs are provided to enable flexible connectivity, not for connecting multiple sources to your speaker simultaneously.
Sets the volume level of TRS inputs, RCA inputs, Aux input, Bluetooth input, and Headphone Output. When set to the 12-o’clock position the speaker is optimized for a nominal input level of 0dB. Recommends to setup the volume at 0dB in order to get the flat and correct sound.
Controls the on/off status of CSR Bluetooth 5.0. First turn on the Bluetooth, than use your Bluetooth device searching the Bluetooth signal and select “Donner”. After finished, you can enjoy your music via Bluetooth.
- Room Space
Adjusts the speaker’s low-frequency response. This switch can be used to compensate for an exaggerated low-frequency responses that can be caused by reflections in some listening environments. Setting the switch to the 0dB position produces a flat frequency response. The -2dB setting attenuates the range below 400 Hz by 2dB, and the -4dB setting attenuates the range below 400 Hz by -4dB.
- HF Trim This switch allows boost or attenuation of high-frequency output by 2dB. Select the setting that provides the desired high-frequency response for the application. Setting the switch to the 0dB position produces a flat frequency response. The +2dB setting boosts the range above 2kHz by 2dB, while the -2dB setting attenuates the range above 2kHz by -2dB.
- Bare-wire Connectors This connection is used to send power and send signal to the passive speaker. Be sure to connect the positive and negative connections on your active speaker to the positive and negative connections, respectively, on the passive speaker.
- Voltage Selector Selects the voltage of your country or region. The voltage selector switch and mains fuse is set at the factory for the country or region in which this Donner product is intended to be sold.
Notes: Please do not switch the voltage by yourself, which may cause damage to the machine and fire lights. The company shall not be responsible for any damage or loss of the machine caused by the user’s own shifting of the voltage selector.
- Power Switch
Turns power to the speaker ON/OFF. The ON/OFF status will show on the LED.
Notes: Turning the power switch ON and OFF in rapid succession can cause the device’s electronics to malfunction. Please wait for 3 seconds or more after turning the power OFF before turning it ON again. Even when the power switch is turned off, electricity is still flowing to the product at the minimum level. When you are not using the product for a long time, make sure to unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.
- AC Power Connector Connect the supplied IEC power cable here. First connect the IEC power cord to the speaker, then insert the power cord plug into the AC outlet.
- . Bare-wire Connectors This connection is used to accept power and signal to the active speaker. Be sure to connect the positive and negative connections on your active speaker to the positive and negative connections, respectively, on the passive speaker.
• You’ll need to acquire appropriate cables to connect the Dyna series active studio monitor speakers to your audio interface, computer, mobile phone, mixer or other source equipment.
Short, high-quality cables
• Use high-quality cables of the shortest practical length. The longer the cable, the more chance there is that noise will creep in to degrade your sound.
• Balanced cables are more resistant to noise than unbalanced cables. If you have to use unbalanced cables because the source equipment only has unbalanced outputs, be sure to use the shortest possible unbalanced cables.
• Plug the supplied IEC AC power cord into the corresponding socket on the speaker. Plug the IEC power cord into the speaker first, and then insert the AC plug end into an appropriate AC wall outlet.
• Use bare-wire speaker cable to connect the positive and negative connections on your active speaker to the positive and negative connections, respectively, on the passive speaker.
- Recommends that the active speaker be placed on the left side and the passive speaker be placed on the right.
- Please turn the volume all the way down, connects the input for your preference with correct cables (TRS/RCA/Aux/Bluetooth). Turn on the power, adjusts the volume to your prefer Recommends to set the volume on 0dB in order to get the flat and correct sound.
Notes: While using the Bluetooth input, turn on the Bluetooth switch, use your Bluetooth device searching the Bluetooth signal and select “Donner”. After finished, you can enjoy your music via Bluetooth.
When using Dyna series active studio monitor speakers for music production, arrangement, mixing and other purposes, it is suggested to refer to the following:
- The speakers should be located at least 1.5 meters away from walls or corners. In situations where it is not possible to position the speakers a sufficient distance from walls or corners, the Room Space switch can be used to compensate for excessive bass. As you move the speaker closer to walls or corners, a higher compensation setting may be required to achieve a natural-sounding response at 0dB/-2dB/-4dB.
- The left and right speakers should be positioned as symmetrically as possible in relation to the room. In other words, the left and right speakers should be the same distance from the rear wall and the respective left and right walls.
- The optimum listening position is at the apex of an equilateral triangle. High frequencies are quite directional, so for the most accurate monitoring, the speakers should be set up so that the tweeters are at approximately the same height.as your ears when you’re seated at the listening position.
|Power won’t turn on / LED doesn’t light.||The power cord might not be connected properly.||Check and connect the IEC power cord.|
|The power switch might not be turned on.||Turn the power switch ON. If the problem persists, contact Donner customer service.|
|One or more cables might not be connected properly.||Check that all cables are properly connected.|
|The source equipment might not be supplying an audio signal.||Make sure that the source equipment is functioning properly and delivering the required signal.|
|The volume setting might be too low.||Adjust the output level setting of the source equipment, or use the Volume control to increase the output level.|
|Bluetooth does not be connected.||Turn on the Bluetooth switch, use your Bluetooth device searching the Bluetooth signal and select “Donner”.|
|Noisy or distorted sound||One or more cables might be corroded, shorted, or otherwise broken.||Replace faulty or broken cable(s).|
|The system might be picking up external noise.||Try changing the positions or layout of the cables.|
|Try changing the location of other electrical/electronic devices that are near the speakers.|
|DTNA 3||DYNA 4|
|Input||1/4” TRS Balanced Input / RCA Input / Aux Input / Bluetooth|
|Output||1/8” Headphone Output|
|Overall Frequency Response||80Hz — 22kHz||70Hz — 22kHz|
|Power Amplifier||Class D 40W (20W/Speaker)|
|HF Driver||1” Silk Dome|
|LF Driver||3” Woven||4” Woven|
|Cabinet||MDF ROHS Bass-reflex type|
|Input Impedance||10 KB|
|Room Space Switch||LF Shelf O 400Hz: 0dB, -2dB, -4dB|
|HF Trim Switch||HF Shelf @ 2KHz: +2dB, 0dB, -2dB|
|Bluetooth||CSR Stereo Bluetooth 5.0|
|Power||100V – 120V – 50/60Hz|
|220V – 240V – 50/60Hz|
|Weight||3.9KG (Pair)||5.36KG (Pair)|
|Dimensions||136mm X 150mm X 205mm||155mm X 168mm X 230mm|
|Accessories||Owner’s Manual ; EVA Isolation Bottom Sticker x 2; Speaker Isolation Pad x 2; RCA to 1/8” Stereo Aux Cable; IEC Power Cable; Bare-wire Speaker Cable.|
Notes: Any specification’s update will not be amended in this manual.
Thank you for ordering from Donner! This is Donner Customer Service Team. After received the package, please test and see if there’s any problem.
Any problem please feel free to contact us by amazon (the order page) or the email address below.
Thank you again for choosing Donner! Please enjoy making your own music.
Oonner Customer Service Team