TOTAL HOME SUPPLY ZUSA-AP-43 Air Purifier
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always unplug the air purifier from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning or replacing filters.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Always place the air purifier on a firm, level surface.
- Always place the air purifier at least 6 inches away from walls and 3 feet from heat sources such as stoves, radiators, or heaters.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Keep dry — DO NOT operate in wet or moist conditions.
- Check your air purifier cord and plug connections. Faulty wall outlet connections or loose plugs can cause the outlet or plug to overheat. Be sure the plug fits tightly in the outlet.
NOTE: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Always unplug the air purifier when not in use.
- Do not operate the air purifier with a damaged cord or plug, or after the air purifier malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact to www.medifyair.com for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This air purifier is not intended for use in bathroom, laundry areas, and similar moist indoor locations.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Do not route cord under furniture or appliances. Arrange cord away from traffic areas where it can be tripped over.
- To disconnect the air purifier, first turn the controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Do not tilt or move the air purifier while it is in operation. Shut off and remove plug from outlet before moving.
- BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THE PLASTIC COVERING FROM ALL FILTERS
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the air purifier.
- Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on any soft surface, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- Use this air purifier only for its intended use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- This product is intended for household use only.
UNIQUE FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
GENUINE MEDIFY TRUE HEPA H13 FILTRATION SYSTEM
- TRUE HEPA H13 FILTRATION
Removes up to 99.9% of airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns, such as allergens, pollen, dust, germs, pet dander, odor, mold spores, and smoke from air that passes through the filter.
- CARBON ODOR FILTRATION
Reduces household odors and VOCs (volatile organic compounds)/gases as shown by independent laboratory testing.
Captures large particles.
- 3 SPEEDS
Low, medium, and high speeds.
- BUILT-IN TIMER
Choose from 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours.
- REPLACE FILTER INDICATOR
Illuminates when it is time to replace the filter.
- SUGGESTED ROOM SIZE
Up to 165 of every 15 min and up to 330 sf every 30 min. Portable air purifiers will be more effective in rooms where all the doors and windows are closed.
- AIR CHANGES PER HOUR
This air purifier will purify the air up to 165 sf every 15 min and up to 330 sf every 30 min (assuming an 8 FT/2.43 M ceiling)one time per hour on high speed in a closed room.
HOW TO USE
BEFORE TURNING THE UNIT ON
- Take the air purifier out of the box and remove the clear protective plastic bag.
- Place the air purifier on a firm, level surface.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet.
POWER BUTTON AND FAN SPEED SETTINGS
- To turn the air purifier on, press the power button.
- This air purifier has 3 fan speed settings: low (1), medium (2), and high (3). The higher the fan speed setting, the faster the air will be purified. To select or change fan speed, press the fan speed until the desired setting is reached.
Press the timer button until the desired timer setting is lit on the display. The timer button will cycle through the following settings: 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours and off. To cancel the timer at any time, press the timer button until all-timer LEDs are off. The air purifier will run continuously when the timer function is off.
Press the dimmer button to change the backlight to desired brightness, there are 4 brightness levels to change for all buttons’ backlight LEDs. The green backlight will turn off for 1 second when the dimmer button has been pressed.
Press the child-lock button and hold for 3 seconds, all functional buttons will be locked. Press and hold again the child-lock button for 3 seconds, all functional buttons will be un-locked.
REPLACE FILTER LIGHT
The replace filter light illuminates when it is time to replace the True HEPA H13 filter based on the air purifier’s hours of use.
REPLACING THE TRUE HEPA H13 FILTER
For optimal performance, replace every 2500 hours under normal usage conditions. Once the filter has been replaced, press and hold the DIMMER button for 3 seconds to reset the indicator.
- Unplug the air purifier. Open the filter grille covers on the left and right of the unit by pushing the lockers on the top of the covers.
- Take away the grilles from the unit.
- Pull the tabs to remove the old filter.
- Install a new genuine replacement filter with the white side facing out (tabs will be visible).
- Align the tabs at the bottom of the grille over with the unit. Gently push the grille covers until they snap back into place.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet. Press and hold the DIMMER button for 3 seconds to reset the indicator.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
CLEANING THE PRE-FILTER
NOTE: For best performance, vacuum the pre-filter once a month under normal usage.
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Remove the True HEPA H13 filter as described in the Replacing the True HEPA H13 Filter section.
- Vacuum the white side of the True HEPA H13 filter using the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner, cleaning it thoroughly.
- Place the True HEPA H13 filter back into the air purifier and close the grille.
- Plug the power cord into a standard AC outlet.
FOR BEST PERFORMANCE:
- NEVER use water or any household cleaners or detergents to clean the True HEPA H13 filter.
- Clean off the outside of the unit with a dry cloth as needed.
- NEVER use water, wax, polish, or any chemical solution to clean the outside of the unit.
- Clean off the grill cover using a damp cloth or the brush attachment of your vacuum as needed.
- Vacuum the pre-filter monthly under normal usage conditions.
- Replace the True HEPA H13 filter every 2500 hours under normal usage conditions.
- Always use a genuine replacement filter for optimal performance.
|Unit will not operate||• Unit is not plugged in
• Power button not pressed
• No power to unit
|• Plug unit in
• Press the power button to turn the power on
• Check circuits, fuses, try a different outlet
|Reduced airflow||• The back grille may be blocked
• Pre-filter needs vacuuming
• The filter needs to be replaced
|• Make sure side intakes are not blocked or the front outflow area
• Vacuum the pre-filter with the brush attachment of your vacuum cleaner
• Replace the filter
|Reduced odor removal||• The filter needs to be replaced||• Replace the filter|
|Excessive noise||• The unit is not level||• Place the unit on a flat, level surface|
|Replace filter light remains lit after filter replacement||• The replace filter indicator needs to be reset||• Press and hold the DIMMER button for 3 seconds until the replace filter light turns off|