TRISTAR Sewing Machine Instruction Manual
Congratulations and thank you for purchasing this high quality product. left ON or whilst hot without adult supervision. Please read the instruction manual carefully so that you will be able to make the best possible use of the appliance. This manual includes all the necessary instructions and advice for using, cleaning and maintaining the appliance. If you follow these instructions you will be guaranteed of an excellent result, it saves you time and will avoid problems. We hope you will have a great deal of pleasure from using this appliance.
- Read all instructions before use.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electric shock, do not immerse cord, plug or appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the device to cool before putting on or taking off parts. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries and invalidate any warranty you may have.
- Do not use outdoors, or on or near direct heat sources
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces or come into contact with the hot parts or allow the product to be situated underneath or close to curtains, window coverings etc.
- This appliance is for household use only and only for the purpose it is made for.
- The appliance must be placed on a stable, level surface.
- This appliance is an attended appliance, and as such should never be left ON or whilst hot without adult supervision.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
- Spool pin
- Winding thread guide
- Thread tension dial
- Pattern selector
- Thread tension release bar
- Thread cutter
- Needle clamp screw
- Presser foot
- Transparent cover
- Reserve sewing lever
- On/Off switch
- Foot pedal receptacle
- Transformer receptacle
- Foot pedal
- Bobbin winding pin
- Spool pin
- Needles (3x)
- Twin needle
- Bobbins (4x)
BEFORE FIRST USE
- Remove all packaging of the device.
- Check if the voltage of the appliance corresponds to the main voltage of
Connecting to the power source
Get the adaptor (no. 15) and the foot pedal (no. 16).
- Connect plug “A” to the machine and plug “B” into the wall outlet
- Turn on power switch “ON”.
- Connect the foot control “C” to the machine.
- The speed of the machine can be regulated by applying pressure to the foot controller.
Press the on/off switch to “ON” for power, the sewing light will burn.
Insert or change the needle
Attention: Turn power to “off” position before inserting the needle, to avoid electrical shock! Change the needle regularly, especially if it is showing signs of wear and causing problems.
Insert the needle as follows:
- Turn the handwheel (no. 11) to top position.
- Loose the needle clamp screw(no.7) and tighten again after inserting the new needle.
- The flat side of the needle should be towards the back. Insert the needle as far up as it will go
Take out of the needle Inserting the needle
Twin needle (figure 1)
- Take out the single needle, then put the twin needle. Put two bobbins onto the winding thread guide, same as picture. Two stitches separately insert into two pinole of twin needle.
- Other steps are same as threading the single needle. · Note: Twin needle is only suitable for straight stitch. It can sew two straight stitches in parallel.
Upper thread (figure 1+2)
For quick and easy installation of the upper thread follow the steps below. The open line in the picture below, suggests the thread which goes through the device. The enlargements can be a clarification of the step.
- Put the bobbin on the bobbin winder and guide the thread over the winding thread guide from right to left. Push thread tension release bar (A) to left, then guide the thread down between the tension disc making sure that the thread has been inserted into the tension disc.
- Continue to draw the thread down and around the thread pulling bar fixed holder spring (B) from left to right.
- Draw the thread up, through the take-up lever draw (C) from left to right.
- Continue to draw the thread down through the upper guide (D) from front to back.
- Drawing down the thread and through the lower guide from back to front.
- Continue to draw down the thread through the thread protector (E).
- Finally thread the needle from front to back (important !)
- When inserting or removing the lower bobbin, the needle must be fully raised.
- Turn the hand wheel (no.11). Pull out the plastic transparent cover (no. 9).
- Insert the bobbin in the bobbin case, so that the thread round in a clockwise direction.
- Replace the transparent cover (no. 9)
- Raise the presser foot, hold the upper thread with the left hand, right hand turn the handwheel anticlockwise until the needle is raised.
- When the needle reach the bottom, the hook tray will hook the upper thread, rotate the hook tray to pull the lower thread out.
- Pull the lower and upper thread under presser foot (no. 8), pull out 10 cm to the back.
Winding of the bobbins
- Place a yarn pin on the spool pin (no.1).
- Guide the thread through the winding thread guide (no. 2) to the empty bobbin.
- Place the bobbin winding pin (no.18) on the machine.
- Wind the thread several times clockwise to the empty bobbin and place it on the bobbin winding pin (no.18).
- Turn the hand wheel (no. 11) clockwise until the thread is tightened.
- Start electric winding by pressing the foot control.
- When the bobbin is full, release the foot pedal, cut the thread, then remove bobbin
- Reverse sewing is suitable for fastening the seam when start seam or finish seam to avoid stitches loose.
- Stop the machine firstly, then press the reserve sewing lever (no.10), the machine can sew reverse.
- Release the reserve button, the machine can recover to sew forward. The reverse trace shouldn’t beyond 5 cm.
Release of the fabric
- Set the needle at the highest position by turning the hand wheel (no. 11) anticlockwise.
- Raise the presser foot (no. 8) and remove the fabric backwards. Cut the threads by using the thread cutter (no. 6) at the side of the machine.
Straight and other stitching
- There are three kinds of straight stitches for your choice.
- Turn the pattern selector (no. 4) to the one you need.
- Set the needle at the highest position by turning hand wheel anticlockwise.
- Gently pull both threads (about 10 cm) towards rear, raise the presser foot (no. 8), place the fabric under the presser foot.
- Gently press down the foot pedal (no. 16) to start sewing.
- Guide fabric gently by hand.
- Stop the needle in its top position, and thread can be pulled out easily.
- Raise the presser foot (no. 8) and remove the fabric. This is for all the patterns of your choice.
When turning the pattern selector, assure the needle tip is at the upper position, otherwise it will be bent or damaged or fail to sewing. When selecting the pattern, set the position correctly, otherwise it will hurt the needle or sew over the the selected stitch trace. It will be different from the selected pattern.
Thread tension adjustment
For a correct stitch the upper and the lower thread should be even. By turning the thread tension dial the upper thread can be switched from the left to the right. Use this dial to get the two threads even.
- The device supplied by our Company is covered by 24 month guarantee starting on the date of purchase (receipt).
- During the life of the guarantee any fault of the device or its accessories to material or manufacturing defects will be eliminated free of charge by repairing or, at our discretion, by replacing it. The guarantee services do not entail an extension of the life of the guarantee nor do they give rise to any right to a new guarantee!
- Proof of the guarantee is provided by the proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase no free replacement or repair will be carried out.
- If you wish to make a claim under the guarantee please return the entire machine in the original packaging to your dealer together with the receipt.
- Damage to accessories does not mean automatic free replacement of the whole machine. In such cases please contact our hotline. Broken glass or breakage of plastic parts are always subject to a charge.
- Defects to consumables or parts subject to wearing , as well as cleaning, maintenance or the replacement of said parts are not covered by the guarantee and hence are to be paid!
- The guarantee lapses in case of unauthorized tampering.
- After the expiry of the guarantee repairs can be carried by the competent dealer or repair service against the payment of the ensuing costs.
GUIDELINES FOR PROTECTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its useful life, but must be disposed of at a central point for recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection
The packaging is 100% recyclable, return the packaging separated
This device is equipped with a mark according to European Directive 2002/96/EC on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). By ensuring that the product correctly as waste is processed, it helps you may have adverse consequences for the environment and human health.
EC declaration of conformity
This device is designed, manufactured and marketed in accordance with the safety objectives of the Low Voltage Directive “No 2006/95/EC, the protection requirements of the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC “Electromagnetic Compatibility” and the requirement of Directive 93/68/EEC.
Tristar Europe B.V. | Jules Verneweg 87 | 5015 BH Tilburg | The Netherlands