UNIQUE APPLIANCES UGP 175L AC Defrosting Refrigerator
BOTTOM MOUNT REFRIGERATOR
UGP 175L AC Defrosting Refrigerator
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning or repositioning the fridge, you must DISCONNECT the appliance from the electrical power supply.
DEFROSTING THE UNIT
NOTE: Unique Appliance’s fridges are very efficient refrigeration products. In order for our fridges to do that they do not have an “Auto Defrost” option to further aid in their ability to be so energy efficient. Below we have outlined a few steps which can be taken to effectively manually defrost your appliance with ease.
Over time the fridge compartment could become progressively covered with frost. This should be removed periodically with the provided plastic scraper. However, if the ice becomes very thick on the interior walls, complete defrosting should be carried out. Perform this operation when the appliance is empty and disconnected from the power supply.
NEVER USE SHARP METAL TOOLS TO SCRAPE OR CHIP OFF FROST FROM THE INTERIOR COMPARTMENT AS THIS COULD DAMAGE THE APPLIANCE BEYOND REPAIR. DO NOT USE HEAT SOURCES SUCH AS ELECTRIC OR GAS HEATERS TO COMPLETE THE DEFROST PROCESS.
To perform a complete defrost follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the appliance from the electrical supply.
- Remove any stored food and store in coolers, or wrap in several layers of newspaper and store in a cool place.
- Leave the doors open.
- Plug the defrost water drain hole located in the bottom interior of the cabinet using a rag.
- To accelerate the defrosting process, place a bowl of hot (not boiling) water inside the fridge and/or freezer compartments and close the door.
- When defrosting is complete, wash and dry the interior thoroughly.
- Reconnect the appliance to the electrical supply and leave running (while empty) for at least 2 hours allowing the interior to cool sufficiently.
- Reload the fridge and freezer with the previously removed food.
WATER CATCH BASIN
There is a water catch basin located at the back of the fridge for excess water. When defrosting water will flow from the fridge compartment through the defrost water drain down into the catch basin. The hot condenser coil runs into the water catch basin and evaporates the water slowly:
NOTE: Take notice when doing a complete defrost as the water catch basin could overfill with large volumes of water going in the water catch basin all at once.
© 2021 Unique Appliances Ltd., 2245 Wyecroft Road,
Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6L 5L7