UNISTELLAR Telescopes User Guide
- Avoid directly exposing the eVscope to wind.
- Use the eVscope on stable ground.
- Use the eVscope under a clear sky.
- Locate the eVscope away from direct streetlight.
- For better results, avoid a full moon.
Set up the tripod
- Open the legs of the tripod and adjust the device to the height that works best for you.
- Move the bubble level to the middle of the black circle by adjusting the legs
Note: each time you move your eVscope, we recommend resetting the bubble level
Install your eVscope
- Loosen the tripod screws. Install your eVscope vertically on the tripod, then tighten the screws.
- Start the eVscope by pressing the ON button for one second. A red light means the eVscope is ready.
- Remove the dust caps from the top of the tube and the eyepiece
- Download the Unistellar app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Turn on your smartphone’s Wi-Fi.
- Check available Wi-Fi networks.
- Connect your smartphone to the eVscope Wi-Fi network named eVscope-abcdef (the network’s name consists of eVscope and six random characters).
- Launch the Unistellar app on your smartphone.
Warning: If your app is not behaving properly (for example, joystick not working anymore), do not hesitate to relaunch it. If you use iOS, please disable Auto-Lock (in Settings > Display & Brightness), which may freeze your app.
3. FOCUS & TRACK
Get the right focus
- Using the in-app joystick, lower the telescope slightly.
- Focus: Adjust the focusing wheel at the bottom of your eVscope to align the visual cue with the top screw.
- Advanced focus (optional): Check the technical guide or the online FAQ to learn how to use the Bahtinov mask embedded in the dust cap.
Autonomous Field Detection
- If you do not see stars, use the joystick to move the eVscope to another area of the sky.
- When you see stars, press the Autonomous Field Detection button
- Wait for the “Star Tracking: On” message: Your eVscope is now ready to explore the night sky..
- Visit the Explore Tab of your app.
- For a first observation, choose from the recommended targets.
- Once you’ve selected a target, push the GoTo button so that your eVscope points automatically toward this target. This may take up to one minute.
5. OBSERVE & ENHANCE
- You can now enjoy a live view of the sky. However, most targets are hardly visible in this mode.
- If the target is visible, you can center it using the joystick.
- For planets and the Moon, you should manually adjust the settings (gain/exposure time)..
- You may adjust the zoom on your smartphone screen, the same zoom is applied in the eyepiece.
- Turn on Enhanced Vision by pressing the button. After a few seconds, the amplified view appears. The longer you stay, the better it gets. Most targets are clearly visible within the first minute.
- You can improve the quality of your observation by adjusting the Enhanced Vision settings (located in the top-right settings menu), then wait a few seconds for the modifications to appear in the eyepiece.
- A slight zoom is advised for small targets.
- You can keep track of your best observations by saving and sharing them.
If you do not see the target, launch Go To again Enhanced Vision is not suitable for planets and the Moon.
- When you’re done observing, go to the User tab to launch the Park function of your eVscope so it automatically moves to the zenith position, and turns itself off.
- Put the dust caps back on the tube and the eyepiece.
Questions ? Comments ? Suggestions ?
Please send us an email at [email protected]
IMPROVE YOUR FUTURE OBSERVATIONS
This is just the beginning of your Unistellar adventure. Here are some tips that will continuously improve your observing experiences :
- Set your observing conditions in the Explore settings.
- Use the Live settings (gain/exposure time).
- Use the Enhanced Vision settings (contrast/brightness).
- Check and adjust the mirror alignment.
- Adjust the eyepiece’s diopter.
- Enjoy the multi-user experience by allowing your friends to connect to your eVscope.
- Share your observations with the community by sending us your data.
- Contribute to science by joining eVscope observing campaigns.
Check our technical guide and our online FAQ to learn more about your eVscope’s capabilities.
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF: