T0553 / T0600
ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: Turn off the main power at the circuit breaker before installing the fixture.
AVERTISSEMENT: Coupez la source d’alimentation principale au panneau central de disjoncteurs avant d’installer le luminaire.
- Before installing, consult local electrical codes for wiring and grounding requirements.
- READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Turn off the power at the fuse or circuit box
- Unscrew the two set screws (D), remove the two rubber pads (E) and the mounting plate unit (A) from the backplate.
- Attach the mounting plate unit (A) to the outlet box by using two mounting screws (B).
Note: Make sure that two set holes are lined up horizontally to make the fixture level.
- Pull out the source wires from the outlet box. Make wire connections using wire connectors (C) as follows:
• Connect the hot wire (usually black insulation) from the fixture to the black wire from the power source.
• Connect the neutral wire (usually white insulation) from the fixture to the white wire from the power source.
• Attach the fixture grounding wire (usually green insulation or bare wire) to the mounting plate unit (A) with the green grounding screw, then connect it to the house grounding wire with the wire connector (C).
Carefully put all of the wires back into the outlet box.
- Attach the backplate of the fixture to the mounting plate unit (A) by aligning holes, secure the two set screws (D) and two rubber pads (E) from the side hole of the backplate into the hole of the mounting plate unit (A).
Note: With silicone caulking compound, caulk completely around where the backplate meets with the wall surface to prevent water from seeping into the
- Gently insert the glass panels into the top notches of the fixture, then press the bottom clips to secure the glass panels. (See Fig.1 and Fig.2)
- Install bulb (not included). See relamping label at socket area or packaging for maximum wattage allowed.
Turn on the power at the fuse or circuit box
Optional Installation: Disconnect Dusk-to-Dawn Photocell
Compatible with dimmer when the photocell is disconnected.
* Requires dimmable bulb and compatible dimmer switch
- Turn off the power at the fuse or circuit box before starting installation.
- Loosen the wire connector connected with the wires from the photocell. (See Fig.3)
Note: Do not remove the photocell to prevent water from seeping into the outlet box.
- Take a white pigtail and black pigtail and make wire connections using wire connector (C): (See Fig.4)
a. The black wire from the fixture to one end of the black pigtail.
b. The white wire from the fixture to one end of the white pigtail.
c. The other end of the black pigtail to the black wire from the power source.
d. The other end of the white pigtail to the white wire from the power source.
Put all wires back into the backplate of the fixture.
The following parts are available for re-order if damaged or missing.