To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
This symbol on the device or the package indicates that disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm the environment. Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialized company for recycling. This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service. Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Thank you for choosing HQPowerTM! Please read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service. If the device was damaged in transit, do not install or use it and contact your dealer.
2. Safety Instructions
Read and understand this manual and all safety signs before using this appliance.
Indoor use only.
- This device can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the device in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the device. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- This appliance contains an internal rechargeable battery. When the device reaches its end-of-life, it must be disposed of in accordance with local regulations. Batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- Do not install the appliance near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other appliances that produce heat. Keep the appliance away from water, humidity and fire.
- The light source contained in this appliance cannot be replaced.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the appliance has been damaged in any way, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
3. General Guidelines
- Refer to the Velleman® service and Quality warranty on the last pages or this manual.
- All modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons. Damage caused by user modifications to the device is not covered by the warranty.
- Only use the device for its intended purpose. Using the device in an unauthorised way will void the warranty.
- Damage caused by disregard of certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer will not accept responsibility for any ensuing defects or problems.
- Nor Velleman nv nor its dealers can be held responsible for any damage (extraordinary, incidental or indirect) — of any nature (financial, physical…) arising from the possession, use or failure of this product.
- Keep this manual for future reference.
Install the appliance on a flat, non-slippery surface.
The speaker is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, which must be fully charged before first use. To do so, connect the appliance to a powered USB power source using the included USB cable.
The charge LED on the display will burn red. When the battery is fully charged, the LED will switch off.
Note that a rechargeable battery has a limited number of charge cycles. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary according to use and settings.
Average charging time is 2 hours. To prolong battery life, do not charge continuously for more than 2 hours.
1. To switch on the appliance, slide the on-off switch to the on position. The appliance will enter the last used mode before switch-off.
2. To switch off the appliance, slide the on-off switch to the off position.
1. Press the mode button to select the wireless function. The speaker will beep twice.
2. Activate the wireless function on your mobile phone and search for the appliance SA1041. Pair the appliance to your phone. Enter password 0000 if necessary.
3. You can now play music files from your mobile phone. Control the track from your mobile phone and adjust the volume level with the volume knob on the appliance or mobile phone.
1. Insert a USB stick into the USB port, or a TF card in the TF port. The audio files will play automatically.
2. Play/pause the track with the play/pause button. Select the previous/next track by briefly pressing the previous/next button. Adjust the volume level with the volume knob.
1. The appliance has a built-in antenna. Press the mode button to switch to FM mode.
2. Next, press the scan button to auto search and store the FM frequencies.
3. Once the search done and the frequencies saved, select the channel with the backward/forward button.
1. Insert the audio cable into the aux input. The appliance will automatically switch to the aux function.
2. Connect your auxiliary device to the appliance. Control all functions from your auxiliary device.
1. Connect a microphone to the appliance.
2. Adjust the volume level with the volume knob.
MODE Press to select the wireless/FM mode.
CH+ In FM mode, press to select the next channel.
CH- In FM mode, press to select the previous channel.
In MP3 mode, short press to select the next track, long press to fast forward.
In MP3 mode, short press to select the previous track, long press to rewind.
Press to play/pause the track.
VOL- Press to decrease the volume level.
VOL+ Press to increase the volume level.
EQ Press to select the sound mode (Jazz -> Rock -> Bass -> Normal -> Class).
In MP3 mode, short press to enter the repetition mode (Fold (repeat folder), One (repeat the selected song), rAn (random), All (repeat all songs))
100+ In FM mode, press to select the channel. In MP3 mode, press to select the song.
• In wireless mode, inserting a USB stick or microSD card will disconnect the wireless mode.
• Switch off the appliance after use.
5. Care and Maintenance
Store the appliance and its accessories in a clean and dry area.
Occasionally wipe with a damp cloth occasionally to keep it looking new. Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents or strong detergents.
All repairs should only be carried out by qualified service personnel. Do not open exterior casing of the appliance. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Opening or visible attempts to open or repair the appliance may void any guarantee and/or cause damage to the product or personal injury.
6. Technical Specifications
power supply ……………………………….. 5 VDC, 1 A via micro-USB
maximum power …………………………………………….. 2 x 15 W
battery capacity ………………………….. 2x 1500 mAh, 3.7 V lithium
charging time ………………………………………….. 2 h
playing time …………………………….. 3-5 h @ max. volume
frequency response …………………………………….. 80 Hz-18 kHz
S/N ratio …………………………………………………. > 85 dB
speakers ……………………………………………… 2 x 4″ — 2 Ω
USB/SD card ……………………………………………. max. 32 GB
weight ……………………………………………………. 1.93 kg
dimensions ………………………………………. 360 x 147 x 210 mm
Use this device with original accessories only. Velleman nv cannot be held responsible in the event of damage or injury resulting from (incorrect) use of this device. For more info concerning this product and the latest version of this manual, please visit our website www.hqpower.eu. The information in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.
RED Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, Velleman NV declares that the radio equipment type [HQSA1041] is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: www.velleman.eu.
© COPYRIGHT NOTICE
The copyright to this manual is owned by Velleman nv. All worldwide rights reserved. No part of this manual may be copied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or otherwise without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty
Since its foundation in 1972, Velleman® acquired extensive experience in the electronics world and currently distributes its products in over 85 countries.
All our products fulfil strict quality requirements and legal stipulations in the EU. In order to ensure the quality, our products regularly go through an extra quality check, both by an internal quality department and by specialized external organisations. If, all precautionary measures notwithstanding, problems should occur, please make appeal to our warranty (see guarantee conditions).
General Warranty Conditions Concerning Consumer Products (for EU):
• All consumer products are subject to a 24-month warranty on production flaws and defective material as from the original date of purchase.
• Velleman® can decide to replace an article with an equivalent article, or to refund the retail value totally or partially when the complaint is valid and a free repair or replacement of the article is impossible, or if the expenses are out of proportion.
You will be delivered a replacing article or a refund at the value of 100% of the purchase price in case of a flaw occurred in the first year after the date of purchase and delivery, or a replacing article at 50% of the purchase price or a refund at the value of 50% of the retail value in case of a flaw occurred in the second year after the date of purchase and delivery.
• Not covered by warranty:
– all direct or indirect damage caused after delivery to the article (e.g. by oxidation, shocks, falls, dust, dirt, humidity…), and by the article, as well as its contents (e.g. data loss), compensation for loss of profits;
– consumable goods, parts or accessories that are subject to an aging process during normal use, such as batteries (rechargeable, non-rechargeable, built-in or replaceable), lamps, rubber parts, drive belts… (unlimited list);
– flaws resulting from fire, water damage, lightning, accident, natural disaster, etc….;
– flaws caused deliberately, negligently or resulting from improper handling, negligent maintenance, abusive use or use contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions;
– damage caused by a commercial, professional or collective use of the article (the warranty validity will be reduced to six (6) months when the article is used professionally);
– damage resulting from an inappropriate packing and shipping of the article;
– all damage caused by modification, repair or alteration performed by a third party without written permission by Velleman®.
• Articles to be repaired must be delivered to your Velleman® dealer, solidly packed (preferably in the original packaging), and be completed with the original receipt of purchase and a clear flaw description.
• Hint: In order to save on cost and time, please reread the manual and check if the flaw is caused by obvious causes prior to presenting the article for repair. Note that returning a non-defective article can also involve handling costs.
• Repairs occurring after warranty expiration are subject to shipping costs.
• The above conditions are without prejudice to all commercial warranties.
The above enumeration is subject to modification according to the article (see article’s manual).
Made in PRC
Imported by Velleman nv
Legen Heirweg 33, 9890 Gavere, Belgium