velleman VDPDP152 4-Channel DMX Dimmer Pack
- 4-CHANNEL DMX DIMMER PACK
- 4-KANAALS DMX DIMMERPACK
- BLOC DE PUISSANCE DMX 4 CANAUX DIMMER PACK DMX DE 4 CANALES
- 4-KANAL-DMX-DIMMER PACK
Introduction & Features
To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm the environment. Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialised company for recycling. This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service. Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Thank you for buying the VDPDP152! Please read the manual carefully before bringing this device into service. This device is 4-channel dimming power pack with LED indication, controlled by analogue input or DMX input, while also providing a power supply for an analogue controller. Check carefully for damage caused by transportation. Consult your dealer and don’t install this device if it has been damaged in transit.
- Be very careful during the installation: touching live wires can cause life-threatening electroshocks.
- Keep this device away from rain and moisture.
- Unplug the mains lead before opening the housing.
- A qualified technician should install and service this device.
- Damage caused by disregarding certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer will not accept responsibility for the ensuing defects or problems.
- Do not switch the device on immediately if it has been exposed to changes in temperature. Protect the device against damage by leaving it switched off until it has reached room temperature.
- This device falls under protection class I. It is essential, therefore, that the device be earthed. Have this device installed by a qualified technician.
- Make sure that the available voltage does not exceed the voltage stated in the specifications of this manual.
- Do not crimp the power cord and protect it against damage from sharp edges. Ask an authorised dealer to replace the cord if necessary.
- Always disconnect the device from the mains when it is not in use or when you wish to clean it. Only handle the power cord by the plug. Never pull out the plug by tugging the power cord.
- Note that damage caused by user modifications to the device is not covered by the warranty. Keep the device away from children and unauthorised users.
- This device is a lighting controller for professional use on stage, in discos, theatres, etc. The VDPDMXDP152 should only be used indoors with the included adapter working on an alternating current of max. 230Vac/50Hz.
- Do not shake the device. Avoid brute force when installing or operating the device.
- Select a location where the device will be protected against extreme heat, moisture and dust.
- Do not use or transport the device under temperatures < 5°C or > 35°C.
- Familiarise yourself with the functions of the device before actually using it. Do not permit operation by unqualified people. Any damage that may occur will probably be due to unprofessional use of the device.
- Use the original packaging if the device is to be transported.
- Note that all modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons.
- Do not remove the serial number sticker from the device as doing so will void the warranty. Only use the device for its intended purpose. All other uses may cause short circuits, burns, electroshocks, lamp explosions, crashes, etc. Using the device in an unauthorised way will void the warranty.
The output goes through 4 SCHUKO output sockets and a load can be connected to each of these. The max. load per channel is 1100W (5A). Please keep in mind never to surpass the maximum total current of 16A!!
Fix the device and put the circuit breaker at the back in the OFF-position. Connect the analogue controller with the device via an 8-pin cable. Put the output of the analogue controller in the minimum position. Connect the load on the SCHUKO output sockets.
When all connections are made, connect the device to the mains and turn on the circuit breaker. Adjust the output of the analogue controller to adjust the corresponding load on the selected channel.
Fix the device and put the circuit breaker at the back in the OFF-position. Connect the DMX device into the DMX chain by means of a 3-pin XLR cable. Connect the load with the SCHUKO output sockets.
Define the DMX start address of the device by means of the DIP switches according to the table given below : VDPDP152_v3 3 The device can perform several functions, depending on the setting of the last DIP switch (n° 10). See table above for the different settings.
When all connections are made, connect the device to the mains power and turn on the circuit breaker. Adjust the output of the analogue controller to adjust the corresponding load on the selected channel.
Note that each channel has an output LED to show the actual status of the channel.
Do not try to repair the device. You can only open the housing to replace a blown fuse with an identical one. Unscrew the cover of the fuse holder with a screwdriver, remove the old fuse, insert the new one and close the fuse compartment again. Order spare parts from your local dealer.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- All screws for installing the devices or parts of the device have to be screwed down tight and must not be corroded.
- Neither the housing nor the mounting supports should not be modified or tampered with.
- The electric power supply cables must be undamaged. Have the device installed by a qualified technician.
- Disconnect the device from the mains prior to maintenance activities.
- Wipe the device regularly with a moist cloth. Do not use alcohol or solvents.
- Entrust a qualified technician with the maintenance of this device. Contact your dealer for spare parts if necessary.
- Power Supply 230Vac / 50Hz
- Number of channels 4
- Maximum total load max. 3520W
- Maximum total current max. 16A
- Maximum load per channel 1100W
- Output connections 4 x SCHUKO socket
- Analogue input/output 8-pin DIN socket (0-10Vdc)
- DMX input/output 3-pin XLR socket
- Fuses 4 x F5A, 250Vac (5 x 20mm) (ordercode: FF5N), circuit breaker 16A
- Dimensions 318 x 165 x 96mm
- Weight 2.95kg
The information in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.
Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty
Velleman® has over 35 years of experience in the electronics world and distributes its products in more than 85 countries.
All our products fulfil strict quality requirements and legal stipulations in the EU. In order to ensure the quality, our products regularly go through an extra quality check, both by an internal quality department and by specialized external organisations. If, all precautionary measures notwithstanding, problems should occur, please make appeal to our warranty (see guarantee conditions).
General Warranty Conditions Concerning Consumer Products (for EU):
- All consumer products are subject to a 24-month warranty on production flaws and defective material as from the original date of purchase.
- Velleman® can decide to replace an article with an equivalent article, or to refund the retail value totally or partially when the complaint is valid and a free repair or replacement of the article is impossible, or if the expenses are out of proportion.
You will be delivered a replacing article or a refund at the value of 100% of the purchase price in case of a flaw occurred in the first year after the date of purchase and delivery, or a replacing article at 50% of the purchase price or a refund at the value of 50% of the retail value in case of a flaw occurred in the second year after the date of purchase and delivery.
Not covered by warranty:
- all direct or indirect damage caused after delivery to the article (e.g. by oxidation, shocks, falls, dust, dirt, humidity…), and by the article, as well as its contents (e.g. data loss), compensation for loss of profits;
- frequently replaced consumable goods, parts or accessories such as batteries, lamps, rubber parts, drive belts… (unlimited list);
- flaws resulting from fire, water damage, lightning, accident, natural disaster, etc. …;
- flaws caused deliberately, negligently or resulting from improper handling, negligent maintenance, abusive use or use contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions;
- damage caused by a commercial, professional or collective use of the article (the warranty validity will be reduced to six (6) months when the article is used professionally);
- damage resulting from an inappropriate packing and shipping of the article;
- all damage caused by modification, repair or alteration performed by a third party without written permission by Velleman®.
Articles to be repaired must be delivered to your Velleman® dealer, solidly packed (preferably in the original packaging), and be completed with the original receipt of purchase and a clear flaw description.
Hint: In order to save on cost and time, please reread the manual and check if the flaw is caused by obvious causes prior to presenting the article for repair. Note that returning a non-defective article can also involve handling costs.
Repairs occurring after warranty expiration are subject to shipping costs.
The above conditions are without prejudice to all commercial warranties.