vileda VR 102 Cleaning Robot
PACKAGING CONTENTS & QUICK START GUIDE
Read all instructions before use. Retain instructions for future reference.
Use the robot only as described in this manual. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, ﬁre and/or serious injury.
When using any electrical robot, basic safety precautions should always be observed, including the following, in order to reduce the risk of ﬁre, electrical shock, leaking batteries or personal injury.
- When starting the robot, always place it in the middle of a room or surface, at least half a metre away from an edge with a drop.
- Only for indoor use. Do not use outdoors or on balconies.
- Intended for domestic use only.
- The robot is not a toy. Do not sit or stand on it. Small children and pets should be kept away from the robot and supervised when the robot is cleaning.
- Do not put heavy or sharp objects on top of the product.
- Do not let the robot pick up anything that is flammable, burning or smoking.
- Do not use this robot to pick up anything wet.
- Do not use on long-pile carpet or rugs or on wet floors, for example in the bathroom or laundry room.
- Only use this product in temperatures from 15 °C to 35 °C. Do not use this product in a high-temperature environment or direct sunlight for a long period of time.
- Before using, pick up objects like clothing, loose papers, pull cords for blinds or curtains, power cords, and any fragile objects off the floor as they may entangle with the cleaning brushes.
- Ensure the dust box is empty before use.
- WARNING: Black or dark coloured types of floors and stairs could reduce the reliability of drop sensors. Test with your specific floor and stairs before use.
- The intended use is described in this manual. The use of any accessory or attachment or the performance of any operation with this robot other than those recommended in this instruction manual may present a risk of personal injury.
- Children must be supervised to ensure they do not play with the robot.
- This robot is only intended for use by adults over the age of 18. This robot may only be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given proper supervision or proper instruction concerning use of the robot in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- This appliance contains batteries that are only replaceable by skilled persons.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Store in a dry place.
- Store out of reach of children.
- Use only with the attachments recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use without the filter in place.
- Keep the product and all accessories away from fire, hot surfaces and any flammables.
- Do not immerse the robot in water or other liquid.
- Do not use this product in areas above your body, as this may increase the risk of personal injury.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Never modify the charger in any way.
- The charger has been designed for a specific voltage. Always check that the mains voltage is the same as that stated on the rating plate.
- Before use, check the charger cord for signs of damage or ageing.
- Do not abuse the charger cord; never carry the charger by the cord.
- Do not over-bend the power cord or apply pressure to the power cord with heavy or sharp objects.
- Never pull the charger cord to disconnect from a socket; grasp the charger and pull to disconnect.
- Keep the charger cord away from hot surfaces and sharp edges.
- Do not handle the charger, plug, adapter and wires or the robot with wet hands.
- Do not store or charge the robot outdoors.
- Unplug the charger before cleaning or maintaining. Product contains electronic parts. Do not submerge it or spray it with water. Clean with a dry cloth only.
BATTERY USE AND CARE
- Only use the battery supplied with the product.
- WARNING: For the purposes of recharging the battery, only use the detachable supply unit (model no. GQ12-190060-AG/GQ12-190060-AB/NLB060190W1E4S58/NLB060190W1U4S58) provided with this appliance.
- Do not attempt to use the charger with any other product nor attempt to charge this product with another charger, as this may damage the product and the battery, and will invalidate your guarantee.
- Only use the battery supplied with the product or provided by the manufacturer.
- Leaks from battery cells can occur under extreme conditions. If the liquid gets on the skin, wash it immediately with soap and water. If the liquid gets into the eyes, flush them immediately with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes and seek urgent medical attention.
- This product contains Lithium-Ion batteries. Do not incinerate batteries or expose to high temperatures, as they may explode.
- When the battery pack is not in use, keep away from other metal objects such as: paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another.
- Shorting the battery terminals may cause fire.
- The battery must be removed from the robot before it is discarded.
- The battery is to be disposed of safely and in accordance with the Environmental and Product Recycling section instructions, on page 13 of this manual. The battery must not be disposed of with household waste.
- The robot must be disconnected from the mains supply when removing the battery.
- WARNING: If the battery is damaged in any way, do not attempt to recharge it. Contact Vileda customer service address (see last page).
- Charge the battery for 5 hours before first use. After the first use, charging time is about 4-5 hours.
- If the robot is not to be used more than 3 months, charge it directly by power adapter for 5 hours.
- WARNING: Only use a battery as supplied by Vileda.
- Before using the robot and after any impact, check for signs of wear or damage.
- Do not use the robot if any part is damaged or defective.
- Repairs should only be carried out by an approved service agent or a suitably qualified person.
- Never modify the robot in any way as this may increase the risk of personal injury.
- Only use replacement parts or accessories provided or recommended by Vileda.
GETTING TO KNOW VR 102
|1. Display||3b. Filter frame||8. Charging socket|
|1a. Power button||4. Maintenance brush||9. Suction opening|
|1b.* Auto-cleaning button (not for VR ONE)||5. Soft bumper||10a/10b. Wheels|
|1c*. Quiet Button (not for VR ONE)||6. Front bumper||11. Front wheel|
|2. Dust box cover||7. Side brushes||12. Battery cover|
|3. Dust box incl. fine dust filter||13. Drop sensors|
|3a. Fine dust filter|
Press the “POWER” button to switch the robot on and off.
Standby means, the robot’s main power is turned on, and the robot is ready to use. The power button is pulsating slowly. When the robot is cleaning, press the “POWER” button on the main body of the robot to pause the robot and enter standby mode.
In sleep mode the robot will save energy, but is not powered off. In order to save power, you can turn the robot into sleep mode from standby mode via either of the following methods: Press the “POWER” button on main body. Robot will automatically enter sleep mode if the power is low or after 5min in standby mode. In working or standby mode, press the “POWER” button to switch off the robot. The power button also displays the charging status and error codes, explained in chapters “battery charging & recharging” and “troubleshooting”.
Note: VR ONE:
Press the “POWER” button to switch on the robot. During cleaning press the “POWER” button again to switch it off.
In standby mode, press the “AUTO” button to enter the auto cleaning mode. The robot will automatically choose the optimal cleaning pattern, consisting of an iteration of auto, zig-zag and spiral movement pattern. In auto cleaning mode, press the “AUTO” button again to enter standby mode.
In standby mode, press the “QUIET” button to enter the quiet cleaning mode for more comfort while cleaning. The robot will automatically choose the optimal cleaning pattern and reduce its noiselevel, by reducing speed and suction power for a more quiet product performance. In quiet cleaning mode, press the “QUIET” button again to enter the standby mode.
BATTERY CHARGING & RECHARGING
Battery indication displayed in the power button: When charging: plug the adapter into the robot and on the other side to the power socket, as indicated in the quick start guide on page 2.
|LED indication||Power button is 4x flashing red||Power button flashing red, while charging||Power button flashing white, while charging|
|Description||Connection of battery is not good.
Contact the Vileda service (address see last page)
|Robot is charging||Robot is fully charged|
|During operation and standby mode|
|LED indication||Power button is flashing slowly red|
|Description||Battery power is low. Please charge the device|
Tips to extend the battery life:
- Before first use, charge the robot for 5 hours.
- Charge the robot as soon as battery power is low.
- If the robot is not to be used for a long time, fully charge the battery, turn the power switch off, remove and store it in a cool, dry place.
- If the robot is not to be used for 3 months or longer, charge it directly by the power adapter for 4-5 hours.
Please use page 4-5 in the manual for reference. Tips for keeping the performance stable To keep your Vileda robot at the best level of performance, it is recommended to maintain the robot regularly.
|Robot Part||Care Frequency||Replacement Frequency|
|Dust box||After every use||—|
|Side brushes||Once per week
(twice per week in homes with pets)
|Every 6-12 months|
|High efficiency filter||Once per month
(twice per month in homes with pets)
|Every 3 months|
|Front wheel, driving wheel and drop sensors||Once per month||—|
BATTERY REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT
Only use a replacement battery as supplied by Vileda.
- Make sure the device is switched oﬀ at the main switch.
- Remove the screws on the battery cover with a screw driver.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Lift the battery and remove it from the housing.
- Unplug the wire connector that links the battery and robot.
|Problem||Possible Reason||Possible Solution|
|Robot is not running||• Battery is too low.||• Recharge the battery for 5 hours.|
|Low or no suction||• Dust box is full.
• Filter is blocked with dirt.
• Filter is missing.
|• Empty dust box.
• Clean the filter with brush.
• Put filter back in place.
|Abnormal movement||• Wheels are dirty.
• Drop sensors are dirty.
|• Clean wheels.
• Clean drop sensors.
|Side brushes are deformed||• Hair and dirt is stuck to the side brushes.
• The side brushes are blocked by an object.
|• Remove the side brushes and clean them carefully.
• Put the side brushes in warm water for about 5 seconds if they are curled or deformed.
|Low battery after charging or no charging possible||• Connection of battery is not good.
• Charger or battery is defective.
|• Contact the Vileda service (address see last page).|
|Robot stops working, and power button is flashing slowly red||• Low battery power.||• Charge the robot.|
|Problem||Possible Reason||Possible Solution|
|Power button flashing quickly red||• Overloaded or jammed motor
• Device is off the ground or sensors jammed or dirty.
• Dust box not placed in position or robot without dust box
• Suction passage blocked
|• Check if fan opening is free and clean dust box. Check if wheels or brush unit is stuck or obstructed with debris
• Put robot on solid ground. Check sensitivity of the front bumper and clean sensors
• Put back dustbin and place it in position
• Clean suction passage with the maintenance brush
|Power button is 4x flashing red||• Connection of battery is notgood||• Contact the Vileda service (address see last page)|
If above described solutions do not work, please try switching off and on and check again.For further help, technical advice, or to order spare or replacement parts contact Vileda (address see last page).
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PRODUCT RECYCLING
The Vileda vacuum cleaning robot VR 102 fulﬁls the EU directive 2012/19/EC, covering electrical and electronic appliances and the management of its disposal. The packaging material is entirely recyclable, and marked with the recycling symbol. Follow local regulations for scrapping. Keep the packaging materials (plastic bags, polystyrene parts, etc.) out of children’s reach, as they are potentially dangerous. When the product has reached the end of its life please do not dispose of it with general household waste. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources.
The symbol identiﬁes the Vileda VR 102 as a product submitted to the regime of selective electrical appliance recycling collection.
The product contains a Li-Ion battery which should not be disposed of with general household waste. Deposit the battery in an oﬃcial collection point for its recycling. Batteries can be detrimental for the environment and can explode if they are exposed to high temperatures. The violation of these precautions could cause ﬁre and / or serious injuries. For more detailed information about treatment, recovery and recycling of this robot, please contact your local city oﬃce, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product. For example, disposal of the robot and any part of it may need to be taken to a designated collection facility.
|Mechanical Specifications||Size 32 x 8 cm Weight ~ 1.9 kg|
|Electrical Specifications||Rated Voltage 10.8 V / 10.95 V
Battery Li-Ion 10,8 V, 2200 mAh / 10,95 V, 2150 mAh Charging time 4-5 h
|Charger Specifications||Rated Input Voltage 100-240 V AC Rated Output Voltage 19 V DC Rated Output Current 600 mA|
VILEDA PRODUCT GUARANTEE
- Freudenberg Household Products LP (“FHP”) guarantees the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase.
- If the product becomes faulty for any reason for which FHP is responsible within two years from the date of purchase (“the Guarantee Period”), FHP or an authorised service network member in the Guarantee Area (meaning anywhere within the United Kingdom, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland) will repair or replace it subject to the terms and limitations below. FHP may replace defective products or parts with new or refurbished products or parts. All products and parts replaced become the property of FHP.
- This guarantee does not cover:
- periodic maintenance or repair or parts replacement due to wear and tear;
- consumables (namely components that are expected to require necessary periodic replacement during the lifetime of a product such as pads);
- damage or defects caused by use, operation or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal personal or domestic use;
- damage or deterioration in the condition or performance of the product arising as a result of:
- misuse, including:
- treatment resulting in physical, cosmetic or surface damage to or deterioration in product;
- failure to install or use the product for its normal purpose or in accordance with FHP’s instructions on installation or use;
- failure to maintain the product in accordance with FHP’s instructions on maintenance;
- installation or use of the product in a manner inconsistent with the technical or safety laws or standards in the country where it is installed or used;
- use of the product with accessories, peripheral equipment and other products of a type, condition and standard other than prescribed by FHP;
- repair or attempted repair by persons who are not FHP or authorised service network members;
- accidents, ﬁre, liquids, chemicals, other substances, ﬂooding, vibrations, excessive heat, improper ventilation, power surges, excess or incorrect supply or input voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges including lighting, other external forces and impacts; or
- any event or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of FHP.
- Guarantee services will be provided only if the original invoice or sales receipt (indicating the date of purchase, model name and dealer’s name) is presented with the defective product within the Guarantee Period. FHP may refuse free-of-charge guarantee service if these documents are not presented or if they are incomplete or illegible. This Guarantee will not apply if the model name or serial number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
- Except where FHP has a legal duty to reimburse them, this Guarantee does not cover transport costs or any risks associated with the transportation of the product to and from FHP.
- If FHP or one of its authorised service network members carries out a diagnostic test on the product and that test demonstrates that the product is working properly and no hardware fault is present, you will not be entitled to a repair under this Guarantee. In that event, you will be liable to pay for any repairs to rectify the defect and the cost of the diagnostic test.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- Except as stated above, FHP makes no guarantee (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) regarding product quality, performance, accuracy, reliability, ﬁtness for a particular purpose, or otherwise.
- FHP does not take responsibility for any damage caused by the incorrect use of the product. Save as set out elsewhere in this Guarantee, the responsibility of FHP will not exceed the purchase price of the product. If you have any doubts referring to the correct use of the product or in relation to this Guarantee, please call Vileda Customer Service.
- Nothing in this Guarantee is intended to restrict or limit FHP’s liability in any way in which it would be unlawful to do so, including for death or personal injury caused by FHP’s negligence, or damage to private property caused by the goods proving to be defective while in the consumer’s use as a result of FHP’s negligence or for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS RESERVED
This Guarantee is in addition to, and does not aﬀect, your legal rights in relation to goods that are faulty or not as described. All products will be provided in accordance with the contract. Further advice relating to your legal rights can be obtained from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Oﬃce. You may assert any rights you have at your sole discretion.
The Guarantee for this product is provided and will be honoured by Freudenberg Household Products LP, 2 Chichester Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 2AX. www.vileda.com/uk Tel: 0345 7697356.