VonHaus 2013308 1200W Round Belgian Waffle Maker
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- Only operate the VonShef 1200W Round Waffle Maker for its intended purpose and within the parameters specified in this manual.
- This Waffle Maker is for domestic use only. Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless supervised or given appropriate instruction concerning the product’s use by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance is not intended for use by children.
- When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the Waffle Maker
- If the appliance is not functioning properly, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or immersed in liquid, do not use, contact DOMU Brands Customer Services.
- Do not use the appliance if any parts appear to be faulty, missing or damaged.
- Ensure all parts are securely attached before use.
CABLES AND PLUGS.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Check to ensure your electricity supply matches that shown on the rating plate. The product should only be used as rated. Preferably, the socket outlet should be protected by a Residual Current
- Device (RCD).
- The use of an extension cable is not recommended.
- Do not use with damaged cable or plug. If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified engineer in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not pull the cable around sharp edges or corners.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or countertop where it could be pulled on inadvertently by children or pets.
- Do not leave unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cable.
- To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
- Always unplug before performing user maintenance, connecting or disconnecting attachments or changing accessories. Ensure the cable is stored safely to prevent hazards.
RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY.
- Always locate your appliance away from the edge of the worktop, on a firm, flat, heat-resistant surface with sufficient space around all sides.
- The Waffle Maker is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Do not insert any objects into openings or cover the appliance.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- When using for the first time, your Waffle Maker may give off a ‘new’ smell or vapour. This will dissipate after a few uses.
- Do not touch the Waffle Maker Plates whilst the appliance is in operation as they will become hot during use.
- Do not lift or move the Waffle Maker whilst in use.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when in use.
- Do not operate continuously for periods longer than those marked on the product or indicated in the instructions.
- Hot steam can escape from the device during operation, be careful when you open the lid. We recommend that you wear oven gloves.
- Always allow unit to cool completely before cleaning.
- Do not lubricate any parts or carry out any maintenance or repair work other than that shown in this manual, or as advised by the DOMU Brands Customer Care Helpline.
- Use only as described in this manual and with DOMU Brands recommended attachments only.
- COOL-TOUCH HANDLE.
- UPPER BAKING PLATE.
- LOWER BAKING PLATE.
- READY LIGHT (green).
- POWER LIGHT (red).
- MAIN UNIT.
- DECORATIVE PLATE.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Before using this appliance for the first time, please ensure you complete the following steps:
- Carefully unpack the Waffle Maker and all parts. Remove all packaging materials including any stickers or labels.
- Clean the PLATES with a damp cloth or sponge. Wipe dry with a soft dry cloth.
WARNING! Never immerse the Waffle Maker in water or other liquid.
- Clean the MAIN UNIT of the appliance with a damp cloth or sponge.
NOTE: When using the Waffle Maker for the first time, it may emit slight smoke or odour whilst any production residue burns off. This is completely normal and should disappear after a few minutes.
- However, as it may affect the flavour of your first batch of waffles, it is recommended that you pre-heat the appliance as described below:
- Position the Waffle Maker on a dry, level and heat-resistant surface.
- Plug the Waffle Maker in at the mains. The POWER LIGHT will illuminate red.
- The READY LIGHT will illuminate green whilst the appliance is heating.
- Unplug the Waffle Maker and allow to cool.
- Plug the Waffle Maker in at the mains. The POWER LIGHT will illuminate red.
- The READY LIGHT will illuminate green to indicate that the appliance is heating up.
- Once the appropriate temperature is reached, the READY LIGHT will go out to indicate that the appliance is ready to use.
- Open the lid using an oven mitt to avoid contact with hot surfaces.
- Slightly grease the UPPER and LOWER BAKING PLATES with a little oil or butter using a brush or spray.
CAUTION: Avoid contact with the UPPER and LOWER BAKING PLATES as they are very hot.
- Pour your pre-prepared batter into the centre of the 2 moulds on the LOWER BAKING PLATE and close the Waffle Maker using the HANDLE, pressing down slightly without forcing. CAUTION: Do not overfill the moulds to avoid the mixture overflowing from the appliance. WARNING! Overfilling the moulds may cause damage to the lid. If there is resistance when attempting to close the lid, do not force. Leave to cool, clean as instructed and continue using less mixture. Overfilling may also result in the mixture going into crevices, making the product difficult to clean.
- NOTE: The READY LIGHT may cycle on
and off during the cooking process. This is completely normal as the appliance maintains its temperature and is not a fault with the unit.
TIP: Try to resist opening the lid to check on the progress of your food in the first minute or two of cooking. Lifting the lid too early could result in the batter sticking and splitting.
- Continue to bake until the desired level of browning has been reached. Usual cooking time is 3-8 minutes.
- Once cooked, use the HANDLE to open the Waffle Maker.
WARNING! Take extra care when opening the lid as steam may escape. Contact with steam can cause severe burns.
- Remove the food with the help of a heat-resistant plastic or wooden spatula. CAUTION: Never use metal utensils to remove the food from the PLATES as this will damage the surface.
If you intend to make batches of waffles, close the lid in between batches to conserve the heat.
- Disconnect the appliance from the mains and allow to cool down completely.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
CAUTION: Before carrying out cleaning or maintenance, disconnect the appliance from the mains.
- Clean the UPPER and LOWER BAKING PLATES with a damp cloth or sponge.
- CAUTION: Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads to clean the Waffle Maker as these may damage the surfaces.
- For stubborn food residue, squeeze hot soapy water over the top of the residue and firmly scrub using a non-abrasive sponge or scouring brush.
- Clean the body of the appliance with a damp cloth or sponge.
WARNING! Do not immerse the Waffle Maker in water or any other liquid to clean.
- When the appliance is completely dry, store it in its box or a dry place with the cord loosely coiled. CAUTION: Never store when hot or wet.
WAFFLES ARE BROWNING TOO QUICKLY.
• The POWER LIGHT shows that the appliance is ready to use. Avoid leaving too much time before you fill the moulds.
• After several batches are cooked, we recommend disconnecting the Waffle Maker and allowing it to completely cool before continuing with more batches.
MIXTURE IS OVERFLOWING.
• Ensure each mould is filled no more than ¾ full with the mixture.
WAFFLES ARE NOT COOKED EVENLY.
• Ensure the lid is kept closed until you are ready to add the mixture.
THE APPLIANCE IS PRODUCING SMOKE.
• Unplug the Waffle Maker and allow to cool completely. Clean the BAKING PLATES thoroughly before attempting another batch.
If you are having difficulty using your product and require support, please contact: [email protected]
Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your local authority for recycling advice.
To register your product and find out if you qualify for a free extended warranty, go to:
Please retain a proof of purchase receipt or statement as proof of the purchase date.
The warranty only applies if the product is used solely in the manner indicated in this manual and all instructions have been followed accurately. Any abuse of the product or the manner in which it is used will invalidate the warranty.
Returned goods will not be accepted unless re-packaged in its original packaging and accompanied by a relevant and completed returns form. This does not affect your statutory rights.
No rights are given under this warranty to a person acquiring this appliance second-hand or for commercial or communal use.
All material in this instruction manual are copyrighted by DOMU Brands Ltd.
Any unauthorised use may violate worldwide copyright, trademark, and other laws.