VonHaus 2013348 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Only operate the VonShef® 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle for its intended purpose and within the parameters specified in this manual.
This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless supervised or given appropriate instruction concerning the product’s use by a person responsible for their safety.
This appliance is not intended for use by children.
- When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- If the 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle is not functioning properly, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or immersed in liquid, do not use, contact DOMU Brands Customer Services.
- Do not use the 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle if any parts appear to be faulty, missing or damaged.
- Ensure all parts are securely attached before use.
CABLES AND PLUGS.
- Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
- Check to ensure your electricity supply matches that shown on the rating plate. The product should only be used as rated. Preferably, the socket outlet should be protected by a Residual Current Device (RCD).
- The use of an extension cable is not recommended.
- Do not use with damaged cable or plug. If the supply cable is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified engineer or authorised service agent in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not pull the cable around sharp edges or corners.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or countertop where it could be pulled on inadvertently by children or pets.
- Do not leave unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cable. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cable.
- Always unplug before performing user maintenance, connecting or disconnecting attachments or changing accessories.
RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY.
- Ensure the cable is stored safely to prevent hazards.
- Always locate your appliance away from the edge of the worktop, on a firm, flat, heat-resistant surface with sufficient space around all sides.
- The 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
- Only use the Power Base supplied by the manufacturer.
- Do not operate the Kettle without water inside or with the water level below the minimum level of 0.5L (as marked on the appliance) as this may damage heating elements.
- Do not overfill the Kettle past the maximum level of 1.7L (as marked on the appliance) as this may cause excess boiled water to be ejected through the Spout.
- Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Do not insert any objects into openings or cover the appliance.
- When using for the first time, your Kettle may give off a ‘new’ smell or vapour. This will dissipate after a few uses.
- Do not touch the surface of the Kettle as it will become very hot during use.
- To prevent scalding, never open the Lid during the boiling cycle.
- Extreme care must be taken when lifting the Kettle containing boiling water.
- Unplug for the mains outlet when not in use.
- Do not lubricate any parts or carry out any maintenance or repair work other than that shown in this manual, or as advised by the DOMU Brands Customer Care Helpline.
- Use only as described in this manual and use only DOMU Brands recommended attachments.
- LID RELEASE BUTTON.
- MAIN BODY.
- TEMPERATURE MODES.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL BUTTON.
- ON/OFF BUTTON.
- WATER GAUGE.
- POWER BASE.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Before using this appliance for the first time, please ensure you complete the following steps:
- Carefully unpack the 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle and remove all packaging materials including any stickers or labels.
- Wipe the outer surface of the Kettle with a damp cloth or sponge. Wipe dry with a soft dry cloth.
- Press the LID RELEASE BUTTON (2) to open the LID (1) and fill up to the maximum marker (1.7L) with clean, cold water.
CAUTION: Do not overfill the Kettle as water may be ejected through the SPOUT (3).
- Place the Kettle firmly onto the POWER BASE, plug into the mains and press the ON/OFF BUTTON (7).
Allow the Kettle to boil at the preset temperature, then discard the water. Refill and repeat a second time.
WARNING! Take extra care when discarding the boiled water. Allow to cool for several minutes before doing so.
ON/OFF BUTTON (7)
Press the ON/OFF BUTTON (7) to begin boiling to 100°c.
The WATER GAUGE (9) will illuminate RED throughout the heating process.
VARIABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL (6)
To set a temperature, press the TEMPERATURE CONTROL BUTTON (6) to cycle through the various temperature settings.
Each press of the TEMPERATURE CONTROL BUTTON (6) will cycle through the temperature modes from 50°c-90°c.
NOTE: The WATER GAUGE (9) will illuminate different colours representative of the temperature selected.
- 50°c GREEN illumination
- 70°c BLUE illumination
- 80°c PURPLE illumination
- 90°c YELLOW illumination
Once the desired temperature is selected, press the ON/OFF BUTTON (7) to begin boiling.
CAUTION: Do not tilt the kettle towards you with water inside. Hot water may scald.
- NORMAL OPERATION WILL BOIL THE WATER IN THE KETTLE AT MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE
- Remove the Kettle from the POWER BASE (10) and fill with fresh, clean water. Use the
LID RELEASE BUTTON (2) to open the LID (1). Alternatively, you can fill through the SPOUT. Ensure the base of the Kettle is dry before replacing it back onto the POWER BASE (10).
CAUTION: Do not overfill beyond the maximum marker (1./0.
- Replace the kettle onto the power base
- Plug the POWER BASE (10) into a mains socket.
- Press the ON/OFF BUTTON ) to begin heating. The WATER GAUGE (9) will illuminate
- RED throughout the heating process.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring the contents into a suitable cup or container.
WARNING: To avoid the risk of scalding, take extra care when pouring boiling water.
- VARIABLE TEMPERATURE OPERATION WILL BOIL THE WATER IN THE KETTLE AT SET TEMPERATURES THAT RANGE FROM 50°C- 90°C.
- To set temperature, press the TEMPERATURE
- CONTROL BUTTON (6) to cycle through the various temperature settings.
- The corresponding indicator light above will illuminate to indicate the temperature selected.
- Once the desired temperature is selected, press the ON/OFF BUTTON ) to begin boiling.
In the event that you accidentally operate the Kettle to operate without water inside, the boil-dry protection will automatically switch the Kettle off.
Should this occur, allow the Kettle to cool before refilling with clean, cold water and re-boiling.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
CAUTION: Before carrying out cleaning or maintenance, disconnect the appliance from the mains.
WARNING! Never immerse the Kettle or POWER BASE (10) in water or any other liquid to clean.
- Wipe the MAIN BODY (4) using a damp cloth and mild detergent.
CAUTION: To prevent the loss of the surface gloss, do not use abrasive cleaners to clean the MAIN BODY (4).
- To clean the filter (located at the SPOUT (3) base), remove by unclipping and wash with warm soapy water. Dry thoroughly and replace.
- When not in use, coil the power cord under the POWER BASE (10) to store.
REMOVAL OF MINERAL DEPOSITS
Your Kettle should be periodically descaled as the mineral deposits in tap water may form scale on the bottom of the appliance, causing it to operate less efficiency. Use commercially available descaler and follow the instructions on the packaging.
Alternatively, follow the instructions below using white vinegar.
- Fill the Kettle with 3 cups of white vinegar and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the Kettle completely.
- Leave the solution in the Kettle overnight.
- Discard the mixture and fill with clean, cold water.
- Boil and the discard. Repeat several times until the odour of vinegar has been flushed away.
- Any stains remaining inside the SPOUT (3) can be removed by rubbing with a damp cloth.
THE KETTLE WILL NOT BOIL.
• Check that the appliance is connected at the mains.
• Boil-dry protection may have been activated. Ensure the amount of water added exceeds the 0.5L (minimum) marker.
THE KETTLE IS SPUTTERING WATER OUT OF THE SPOUT.
• The Kettle may be overfilled. Do not exceed the 1.7L (maximum) marker.
• Always allow at least 10 seconds for boiling water to settle before pouring.
• Ensure the filter is correctly fitted.
THE KETTLE WILL NOT SWITCH ON.
• Check that the LID (1) is fitted correctly.
• Descaling may be required (see ‘Removal of Mineral Deposits’).
THE KETTLE IS NOT SWITCHING ON AFTER DESIRED TEMPERATURE IS SELECTED.
• The water in the Kettle is already at a higher temperature than selected.
If you are having difficulty using your product and require support, please contact [email protected]
Please recycle where facilities exist. Check with your local authority for recycling advice.
To register your product and find out if you qualify for a free extended warranty, go to: www.VonShef.com/warranty
Please retain a proof of purchase receipt or statement as proof of the purchase date.
The warranty only applies if the product is used solely in the manner indicated in this manual and all instructions have been followed accurately. Any abuse of the product or the manner in which it is used will invalidate the warranty.
Returned goods will not be accepted unless re-packaged in its original packaging and accompanied by a relevant and completed returns form. This does not affect your statutory rights.
No rights are given under this warranty to a person acquiring this appliance second-hand or for commercial or communal use.
All material in this instruction manual are copyrighted by DOMU Brands Ltd.
Any unauthorised use may violate worldwide copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Thank you for purchasing the 1.7L Variable Temperature Kettle.
VonShef® is a registered trademark of DOMU Brands Ltd Made in China for DOMU Brands Ltd M24 2RW